Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Fisher-Price TRIO: Superfriends (LEGO/DC License?)

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Fisher-Price TRIO: Superfriends (LEGO/DC License?)

Postby legomd » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:56 pm

I was at Target today and was surprised to see Batman and Superman TRIO building toys on the shelves. Here is the Batcave from the Fisher-Price site.

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st= ... ion=pre_dc

I am thinking that if Fisher-Price has rights to DC and Batman construction toys, there is a very slim chance that we will see Lego Batman anytime soon. This is speculation on my part as I do not know the details of the Lego Batman license. Any thoughts?
legomd

Re: Fisher-Price TRIO: Superfriends

Postby GIR3691 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:21 am

Even if the Batman license still holds, they have said that they aren't really interested in making any more sets due to running out of stuff to do. If anything all they could do is re-release the sets*. I think it was the same thing with Harry Potter, not enough vehicle-based sets once they ran through the principle characters.

Given the popularity of those sets on the secondary market, I think it would be good for them to re-release a couple of sets. I'd love another chance at Two-Face. I passed on those sets at first thinking they were overpriced. :facepalm:
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Return to Licensed Themes