Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Licensed Theme Ideas

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: Licensed Theme Ideas 2010

Postby Firespray » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:52 pm

ShockZap wrote:Death Star Trash Compactor
Price: $25.00-$30.00
Minifigures: Han Solo (Stormtrooper), Princess Leia (prisoner), Luke Skywalker (Stormtrooper), Chewbacca
Accessories: handcuffs, Dianoga (Trash Compactor Monster), trash
Features: sliding door, walls that close in, garbage shoot
Description:'Nuff said.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=142
Firespray

Postby Veers » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:10 pm

Indiana Jones
Zeppelin:
Large Zeppelin, with an underslung cabin. Have room for about four figs or so.
Figs: Pilot, Indy, Proffesor Jones Sr., Nazi officer. Have opening windows for easy disposal of obnoxious nazi.

Tank:
Medium Sized Tank, with room for three figs. Also include horse
Figs: Indy, tank gunner, proffesor jones, and Nazi officer.
Bureacracy: You have two cows. The government says what and when you can feed them. You are paid not to, and the government takes your cows, shoots one and milks the other dry. You have to fill out forms accounting for missing cows.
Veers

Postby RocketClone » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:30 pm

Indiana Jones Bridge duel:

Minifigs: indiana Jones,the chinese kid,lady whose name i forgot,3 Temple guards,1 chief.

59.99$
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Postby I Don't Know » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:15 pm

^ Short Round, Willie , and the chief is Mola Ram
Someone once asked me"Why is Star Wars awesome?" I replied" I Don't Know, it just is."
I Don't Know

Postby RocketClone » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:17 pm

I Don't Know wrote:^ Short Round, Willie , and the chief is Mola Ram

Oh thanks! i forgot i knew their names and i saw the film but i forgot that there thanks. :)
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Postby I Don't Know » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:47 am

Your very welcome

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spongebob Squarepants

S.S. Cheapskate

Mr. Krabs , Squidward , Spongebob , lifeboat , Dollar , Clam , 3 Sandwiches and the S.S. Cheapskate

$40.00
Someone once asked me"Why is Star Wars awesome?" I replied" I Don't Know, it just is."
I Don't Know

Postby Pinhead978 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:34 am

my ideas...

Indiana Jones

1. Temple of the Holy Grail-

Title explains it. From the Last Crusade, it should contain the 3 challenges (kneel in the name of God, walk in the name of God, the step of faith), including moving saw blades, jumpled letters (that hopefully you can spell "Iehovah" with) and a transparent brick-built bridge. Should also have the room with all the grails, and 1 Holy Grail, and should include horses (so you can ride off into the sunset). ;)

Minifigures: Indiana Jones, Henry Jones, Marcus Brody, Sallah, Elsa Schneider (spelling error?), Walter Donovan, Grail Knight, 2-4 German soldiers

Price: $100-(hopefully not)$150

2. Battle on the Bridge

The iconic scene from the Temple of Doom. Includes bridge, two brick built ends, crocodiles :shock:, and lots of minifig weapons (swords, crossbows, whip and gun for Indy) to reenact the fight.

Minifigures: Indiana Jones (jacketless with missing sleeve), Willie Scott (ceremonial outfit), Short Round, Mola Ram, 2-4 Thuggees

Price: $20-$40

Ravenwood Tavern

Famous scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark. Should include a bar, lots of tables, chairs, and transparent bottles, guns, and a new medallion piece for the tip of the Staff of Ra.

Minifigures: Indiana Jones, Marion Ravenwood, Arnold Toht, 2-3 German soldiers

Price: $20-$40

Shanghai Showdown/Club Obi-Wan

The introduction scene of the Temple of Doom. Should include tables, antidote (for the poisoned Indy, possibly a worried look on his face), small statue (that Lao Che wanted), diamond (for Willie), and lots of minifigures (to kick around the antidote, like in the movie), and stage.

Minifigures: Indiana Jones (dinner suit), Willie Scott (dress), Lao Che, 2 dancers, waiter, 2 Lao Che henchman, 3-5 civilians

Price: $50-$80

Slave Mines

Scene in the Temple of Doom where Indy frees the slave children. Should include rock walls, giant roller (that the muscular henchman gets crushed by), shackles, hammers, platform for Shortie and Majarahah (spelling error?) to fight, and Indy voo-doo doll.

Minifigures: Indiana Jones (jacketless with missing sleeve), Willie Scott (ceremonial dress), Short Round, Majarahah, muscular henchman, and a few slave children.

Price: $50-$60

and finally... Tank Chase

the o-so entertaining scene from the Last Crusade, includes tank, optional scenery, and a horse for Indy.

Minifigures: Indiana Jones, Henry Jones, Marcus Brody, Colonel Vogel, Sallah, and 2 German tank drivers

Price: $40-$60

I love Indiana Jones, and love LEGO, and would love to have these sets. :D
Pinhead978

Postby bluemoose » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:07 am

A new licensed theme I'd love to see ... Tintin.

I understand that Tintin isn't very well known in the US (yet), but he's very well known in Europe. But then there's the little matter of the Spielberg/Jackson movie, due for release late in 2011 ...

Lots of potential for sets - vehicles are fairly prominent in all the stories - and there are lots of distinctive characters as well ...

Ian
bluemoose

Postby I Don't Know » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:28 am

(swords, crossbows, whip and gun for Indy)

Indy didn't have a gun , he lost it in Shanghai.
I Don't Know

Postby Flynn » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:30 pm

bluemoose wrote:A new licensed theme I'd love to see ... Tintin.

I understand that Tintin isn't very well known in the US (yet), but he's very well known in Europe. But then there's the little matter of the Spielberg/Jackson movie, due for release late in 2011 ...

Lots of potential for sets - vehicles are fairly prominent in all the stories - and there are lots of distinctive characters as well ...

Ian

There's going to be a Tintin movie? Awesome.

Seriously, though, a Tintin line would be great for LEGO. Tons of unique locations and vehicles; I would hope LEGO would have the sense to pick it up with the new movie.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Boyfromvalley » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:05 pm

Flynn wrote:
bluemoose wrote:A new licensed theme I'd love to see ... Tintin.

Ian

There's going to be a Tintin movie? Awesome.

Seriously, though, a Tintin line would be great for LEGO. Tons of unique locations and vehicles; I would hope LEGO would have the sense to pick it up with the new movie.

I've heard though that it won't be a live action one but CGI one.
Boyfromvalley

Postby Chewie » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:09 pm

I really hope their will be a LEGO Star Wars license, or maybe a Indiana Jones or maybe a Batman cause I love all the movies. Also like the Batman Comics! XD
Laugh it up fuzzball!
Chewie

Postby Pinhead978 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:15 pm

I Don't Know wrote:
(swords, crossbows, whip and gun for Indy)

Indy didn't have a gun , he lost it in Shanghai.

Oh, yeah... forgot about that. :x Thanks for pointing it out.
Pinhead978

Postby I Don't Know » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:29 am

Your Welcome

---------------------------------------------------

Spongebob Squarepants

Snowball Fight

2 snow forts Patrick , Spongebob , Squidward , Squid's dinky snow fort , 4 snow balls

$12

What about mini sets for other themes?
I Don't Know

Postby bluemoose » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:08 pm

Boyfromvalley wrote:I've heard though that it won't be a live action one but CGI one.

They wanted to preserve the 'look and feel' of the original comic strip; it is CGI, but with full motion capture from the actors (much like Lucas did with the aliens in the Prequel Trilogy).

Ian
bluemoose

Postby CoR3Bu » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:48 am

Lego Lord of the Rings

Battle On the Pelennor Fields:

Nazgul and Fell Beast
Oliphaunt and Haradrim Archers
4 Horses, 2 with rohovian soldiers, 1 with Eowyn or Merry, and one with King Theoden
Orc Catapult with a troll, an orc and Gothmog(orc captain with the hive on his face)
Siege Tower with 3 orcs
A medium sized wall with to Gondorian Archers and a Gondorian soldier.
Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, Gandalf.
$120

Mines of Moria:

A medium sized room with a(medium sized) hall attached to the entrance and a collapsing bridge.
A Mountain troll and 4 orcs
A balrog
And the fellowship(Merry, Pippin, Aragorn, Legolas, Gandalf, Boromir, Sam, Frodo, and Gimli)
$50

Shelob's Lair:

Shelob
Sam, Frodo(covered in webs), and Gollum
a large cave able to fit Shelob and other minifigs in it.
$30

I have many more ideas to go with those.

-The Colonel
CoR3Bu

Postby D4B0MB » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:40 pm

LOTR would have just destroyed in sales had it been conceived when LOTR was at its pinnacle.

how about more video game spin-offs? Some Halo, GoW (ive got a 360 lol) and others that come out.

they just need a microsoft/microsoft game studios licence and there they go! but stupid mega bloks had to get the halo licence, jeez, they look like crap!

anyways, more marvel/dc sets would be awesome too. i always wanted a venom minifig, was surprised to not see spiderman 3 lego sets. licence issues?
D4B0MB

Postby Pinhead978 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:18 pm

D4B0MB wrote:was surprised to not see spiderman 3 lego sets. licence issues?

TLG was having financial troubles back then, and was forced to sell the rights for Spider-Man sets to megabloks *shudders* :(
Pinhead978

Postby bluemoose » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:45 pm

Pinhead978 wrote:TLG ... was forced to sell the rights for Spider-Man sets to megabloks *shudders* :(

I don't think that's true; LEGO had a license from Sony to produce toys based on the movie franchise.

Megoblocks' license was directly with Marvel, covering all Spider-Man related intellectual property.

I'd be very surprised if LEGO were allowed to "sell on" or transfer a license to anyone else; that's not usually the way it works.

I just think the license expired & LEGO (or Sony) decided not to renew it, for whatever reasons. If you've got any other info, I'd be fascinated to read it :-)

Ian
bluemoose

Postby D4B0MB » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:42 pm

bluemoose wrote:
Pinhead978 wrote:TLG ... was forced to sell the rights for Spider-Man sets to megabloks *shudders* :(

I don't think that's true; LEGO had a license from Sony to produce toys based on the movie franchise.

Megoblocks' license was directly with Marvel, covering all Spider-Man related intellectual property.

I'd be very surprised if LEGO were allowed to "sell on" or transfer a license to anyone else; that's not usually the way it works.

I just think the license expired & LEGO (or Sony) decided not to renew it, for whatever reasons. If you've got any other info, I'd be fascinated to read it :-)

Ian

its like what they do with video games, if one developer loses the rights for whatever reason, the next taker or bidder can then purchase those rights. in a way, one company selling to the next one.

if that story holds true, mega bloks ended buying the licence as the licence was no longer owned by anyone.

back on topic tho, id also like to see some support for the following:
-battlefront 3 (whenever it comes)
-the new marvel/dc movies coming (thor, ultimate avengers, batman 3, iron man, captain america, etc.)

and one thing i dont get is that lego hasnt produced an actual army theme. is it because of the current situation in the east or is lego just not a fan altogether of the whole army thing?
D4B0MB

PreviousNext

Return to Licensed Themes