Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Licensed Theme Ideas

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: Licensed Theme Ideas

Postby Italian Samurai » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:10 am

Maybe have some stuff from the DC Universe Direct-To-Video movies?
Italian Samurai

Postby onions » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:53 pm

that stuff is way too low profile to be marketable.

and i'm glad they didn't do any green lantern sets. terrible movie.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby pogsklinc » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:27 pm

After having read over this whole thread, I must say, one line in particular sparked my imagination. A realistic Jurassic Park line. Having been an avid fan since two years of age, I've been dying to get my hands on a legit LEGO Jurassic Park set. The ones released back in 2001 weren't available in stores near me, therefore I never got them. The thing is though, if the fourth film does actually come to fruition, Lego could be sitting on a goldmine. Here' s few sets that seem a bit more realistic to me. As much as I'd like to see full park sets, I doubt it would ever happen.

I know that some other people have posted set ideas here on the thread, and I apologize if I duplicate any ideas. My head is just going crazy right now.

All ideas are off of the movies exclusively. As much as I'd like to do sets based on the book, I doubt they'd sell as well as most kids haven't read them.

Jurassic Park:

- $10

Nedry's Escape - $30
A Jurassic Park jeep, (with printed pieces in my imaginary world), Nedry (with double sided face. One side has his normal face, the other his face covered in black goo), a small shaving cream can piece. A Fence to crash through with a sign pointing to the dock. A dilophosaurus molded figure. Potentially one that can spit black pieces at Nedry. If the figure for the dino spits, then it will cost a bit more.

The Trike - $40
Scene from the first movie, except with less characters, because Lego wouldn't likely include all of them in one set. So yeah. Includes Alan, Ellie, Tim, and Lex. Triceratops, brick built, to scale with the minifigures. A small tree with small surrounding foliage.

The Chase - $40
Jurassic Park Jeep. Brick built breakable log. Foliage. T-Rex. Includes Ellie, Muldoon, and Ian Malcom.

T-Rex Escape - $80
One of the bigger sets. Includes Small portion of the T-Rex paddock fence that breaks when a button is pushed on one of the posts. Two of the tour cars. A small outhouse with removable roof. Includes, Lex, Tim, Alan, Gennaro, and Ian. Unsure if the T-Rex is molded or brick built.

Raptor Paddock - $50
Raptor Paddock, 'nuff said. Includes John Hammond, Jurassic Park worker, and Muldoon. 3 raptors, molded. Cow.

Visitors Center - $120
A small, lego type version of it at least. Includes two raptors and a t-rex. Alan, Tim, Lex, Ellie. The set's outward design is like the actual Visitor's Center, but smaller. The main rotunda's roof lifts off to show the entry-way. Most expensive set.

The Lost World: Jurassic Park:

High Hide - $15
Small shelter in a tree. Includes Eddie and Kelly. Maybe a couple of Compys for good measure.I know it never happened, but hey, every set should have some sort of dinosaur.

Island Headquarters - $70
Mobile trailer unit that the heroes use that gets lost over the cliff. Includes both sections of the trailer and one of the smaller vehicles. Includes baby t-rex, Nick, Sarah, Ian, Kelly, and Eddie.

Boat Escape - $50
Has the boat the Rex was transported over to the mainland on. T-Rex and T-Rex breakout feature. 2 crew minifigures.

Jurassic Park III:

The Plane Incident - $50
Remarkably like one of the original JP LEGO sets. Includes a tree and a plane. The plane has a detachable front so that the brick-built Spinosaurus can break it off. Includes Alan, Amanda, Paul, Nash, and Udesky.

RAPTOR ATTACK! - $10
Includes Alan, and three molded raptors. Foliage. Eric in gas mask with smoke bombs.

Attack at Sea - $40
Includes the small boat with cage on top. Spinosaurus. Includes Amanda, Eric, Paul, and Alan w/flare gun.

Those are just the ones I came up with off the top of my head. While reading back over them, I don't know how believable they are as sets from Lego, but I do believe that at least a couple of them have child appeal. I know there's plenty of sets that I'd like to see, but never will, as I'm not TLG's primary audience, but whatever. A man can dream.
pogsklinc

Postby Axonflaxon » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:28 pm

Here's some movies coming out in 2014 that could easily get LEGO themes. Tell me what you think of these as possibilities.

Lego: The Motion Picture (How could they possibly skip out on this one?)

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (LEGO Electro and Rhino, anyone?)

Godzilla (As long as he's brick-built, I'm happy)

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

The Good Dinosaur (A pixar film so licensing is no problem)

Jurassic Park 4 (Would LOVE to see more JP sets)

X-men: Days of Future Past

Guardians of the galaxy

Night at the Museum 3 (I could see it. Would love all those historic minifigures)

Obviously some of these, nobody really knows anything about especially in the area of playable scenes but I'm still curious to what others think
Axonflaxon

Postby freight69 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:20 pm

I know The Lego Group designs with kids in mind, but in my dream universe, Game of Thrones would be made into Lego sets. All of these could make for massive, adult-/collector-oriented packages.

King's Landing

The Wall
Winterfell
The House of the Undying
The House of Black & White
The Red Wedding
The Battle of the Blackwater
freight69

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:26 pm

onions wrote:and i'm glad they didn't do any green lantern sets. terrible movie.

I'm glad they didn't do any Green Lantern MOVIE sets.

I'm extremely bummed that they didn't do any Green Lantern set at all (aside from the oversized build-a-figure), since he's my favorite DC character. I'd love to get a comics version GL minifig, and think an almost Creator-style GL set with a plethora of green bricks (both Trans. Green and regular Green) and instructions for a few different constructs (even better if it includes Sinestro with a similar selection of yellow pieces) would be awesome.

As somebody who is not a big Batman fan, LEGO's DC offerings have been a disappointment.
Mister Ed

Postby sparkart » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:30 pm

Green Lantern seemed like a natural choice for LEGO to promote as a series of building sets, and even army-building sets. I mean, the guy can make anything he can imagine, similar to LEGO. Whatever interesting LEGO set the designers dreamed up, but couldn't find a place to market...put into a Green Lantern set - tank, car, plane, boat, anything can be a Green Lantern invention.

And then, that Green Lantern Corps. With all the different alien and monster minifig heads, you could create an wide and varied Green Lantern Corps. I'm not a Green Lantern fan, never was, but I can imagine if I were a kid, I'd love making up my own Green Lantern charaters from other minfigs parts.
sparkart

Postby CaptainFordo » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:36 pm

Yeah, it's a tad misleading to brand the line "DC Superheroes" when they have more non-Batman minifigs as promo exclusives than ones in sets :P (Green Lantern, Shazam/Captain Marvel, Bizarro, Clark Kent, Armoured Lex vs. Superman, Wonder Woman, Lex in suit, oh, and Aquaman) though Man of Steel should restore a little of that imbalance...
CaptainFordo

Postby Ibiscribe » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:56 am

I'd also love to see some Jurassic Park sets... the recent Dino line shows that they're definitely able and willing to make decent dinosaurs, and I think they could easily outdo the quality of the old "spinosaur" they gave us last time. The only real question would be if they could find a way to market off JP4 without re-releasing all of the same stuff, since they just released most of the "staple" JP dinosaurs (eg. raptors, T. rex) in the last line. :p

Some "classic" JP dinosaurs they could definitely use would be improved Spinosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Stegosaurus and Brachiosaurus, and new dinosaurs could include Dilophosaurus, Gallimimus and Compsognathus. But I guess it comes down to what will be in JP4. Pity we don't know more at this stage.
When I'm not playing or being artsy, I work on sites like www.vincentmartella.com and IPO Boutique. In other words, I never stop playing or being artsy!
Ibiscribe

Postby DanBinks » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:37 pm

Unfortunately, we have reason to believe LEGO is not making Jurassic Park sets. Hasbro recently announced they will be making Jurassic Park IV merchandise, including KRE-O building sets. :(
DanBinks

Postby Ibiscribe » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:07 am

I guess it figures. :facepalm:
When I'm not playing or being artsy, I work on sites like www.vincentmartella.com and IPO Boutique. In other words, I never stop playing or being artsy!
Ibiscribe

Postby Tolkien » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:19 am

I think TLG should make a Hunger Games theme. It would go perfectly with Catching Fire this year or they could release it around Mockingjays date. XD
Tolkien

MARVEL Cinematic Universe Set Ideas

Postby Ultron32 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:47 pm

I have had several ideas for Marvel Cinematic universe sets. I thought I'd start a new topic for them since the topic for all licensed set ideas is getting rather crowded.
So here I go, in chronological order of movies of course:

Iron Man I

Name: Iron Man's Escape From The Desert
Price point: $50
Contents: Smallish army camp with Stark & Yinsen's lab.
Accessories: Several crates of Stark Industries weapons, 2x2 tile with Iron Man Mk. 1 drawings.
Minifigs: Soldiers x3 (w/ guns), Lead soldier (w/ gun), Iron Man Mk. I (w/ arm-mounted flamethrower), Yinsen

Name: Suit Testing
Price point: $13
Contents: 2 of Tony Stark's cars, with exploding/breaking functions.
Accessories: Printed license plates read "Stark 1" and "Stark 2".
Minifigures: Iron Man Mk. II, Jarvis (robot; w/ fire extinguisher)

Name: Iron Monger Battle
Price Point: $40
Contents: Somewhat similar to the recent Malibu Mansion Attack set and, in terms of structure, the Rancor Pit, it would feature some of Tony's house (With a collapsible roof) and a tanker truck (For Iron Monger to smash Tony with)
Accessories: Sticker Sheet with details on the truck.
Minifigs: Iron Man Mk. III, Obadiah in Iron Monger suit, Pepper

Name: Ultrabuild Iron Man Mk. I
Price Point: $15
Contents: What the title says.
Accessories: He's gotta have a flamethrower on his arm.

The Incredible Hulk

Name: Battle with the Abomination
Price Point: $50
Contents: An army helicopter (Similar to the one in the Malibu Mansion Attack) and a trashed car.
Minifigs: Hulk (bigfig), Abomination (bigfig), Gen. Ross, Betty

Iron Man II

Name: Racecar Track Attack
Price Point: $25
Contents: Stark Industries racecar.
Accessories: Sticker sheet for racecar details.
Minifigs: Tony (racing suit), Happy Hogan (w/ Mk. V suitcase), Iron Man Mk V, Whiplash (W/ whips)

Name: Park Battle
Price Point: $30
Contents: trees (W/ falling function), fountain (All on baseplate w/ ground texturing).
Minifigs: Iron Man Mk. VI, War Machine (Shoulder-mounted gun), Drone x2

Thor

Name: Bifrost Battle
Price Point: $20
Contents: Portion of the rainbow bridge (All in trans-colors)
Minifigs: Thor (w/ hat & hammer), Loki (No helmet)

Name: Land of the Frost Giants
Price Point: $40
Contents: Icy landscape on 16x16 base
Accessories: Either a) 1 buildable Frost Giant (And also Sif, there would be room for another figure) (Similar in design to the Power Miners Crystal King) or b) two bigfig Frost Giants
Minifigs: Thor (w/ hat & hammer), Loki (No helmet). (I so want to include the Balder & the Warriors 3 as well but twould be too many figures for such a small build)

Name: ?
Price Point: ?
Contents: I also feel they would need to make a set with the Destroyer, but I'm not sure what exactly.
Accessories: ?
Minifigs: Destroyer, Thor, Jane Foster

Captain America: The First Avenger

Name: UCS Red Skull's Jet
Price point: $120
Contents: Red Skull's jet from near the end of the film. But big.
Accessories: Cosmic Cube in holder.
Minifigs: Cap (unmasked; w/ shield), Red Skull

Name: Creation of Captain America
Price Point: $20
Contents: Big 'ol test tube (To put Steve inside), two lab tables.
Minifigs: Dr. Erskin(Name?), Steve Rogers (W/ alternate torsos, weak & strong, and a trash can lid)

Name: Bucky's Final Battle
Price Point: $80
Contents: Train on elevated tracks.
Minifigs: Cap (w/ shield), Dum-dum Dugan, Bucky, Hydra agents x3 (W/ guns), Hydra brawler-bot

Name: Hydra Battle Pack
Price Point: $13
Contents: Hydra Weaponized Mini tank (Car).
Accessories: Sticker Sheet w/ Hydra logo (for the car).
Minifigs: Hydra agent x3 (w/ 2 guns), Hydra General (w/ flamethrower)

Marvel's the Avengers

Name: Cosmic Cube Stabilizer
Price point: $8
Contents: Includes the little machine which held the cube (It was on top of Stark tower)
Minifigs: Selvig

Name: UCS Helicarrier
Price Point: $200+
Contents: The helicarrier. =)
Minifigs: Nick Fury, Phil Coulson, Maria Hill, numerous nameless Shield agents, this list could go on and on.

Name: UCS Chitauri Beast
Price Point: $160+
Contents: The giant Chitauri beast from the Chitauri battle scene. Could include a few little chitauri speeders for good measure. And Banner's motorcycle.
Minifigs: Hulk (Bigfig), Chitauri footsoldier x3, Bruce Banner

Name: Shield Agents Battle Pack
Price Point: $13
Contents: Small shield jet or car.
Minifigs: Shield agent x3, either Phil Coulson or Maria Hill

Name: Ultrabuild Chitauri
Contents: Again, what the title says.
Accessories: Lazer gun

Name: UCS/Modular Stark Tower
Price Point: $160
Contents: HUGE Stark Tower. Modular building style, but taller and thinner.
Accessories: The letters S, T, R, and K could be removable, so that it could show the Avengers A (post-battle). Also the little Mark VII pod that shot out of the wall to catch Stark.
Minifigs: Tony, Pepper, Iron Man Mk. VI, Mk. VII.

Name: Ultrabuild Loki
Contents: See title.
Accessories: Sceptre

Iron Man 3

Name: Ultrabuild Iron Patriot
Contents: No description necessary.
Accessories: Shoulder mounted gun.

Name: Ultrabuild War Machine
Accessories: Shoulder Mounted gun

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Name: Ultrabuild Winter Soldier
Accessories: gun

Name: Ultrabuild Falcon
Accessories: Wings, and Redwing if he's featured in the movie.

Ant-Man

Name: UCS Ant-Man
Price point: $13
Contents: Life-size Ant-Man (small size of course). Ok, maybe a little bigger. I imagine it at about 2-3 inches tall. I'd like this to be a statuette, a 'desk buddy' if you will, but it would be more likely for lego to do it ultrabuild. This could also be done with Wasp if she's in the movie.
Minifigs: Ant-man

That's an awful lot all folks'!
For anyone who read them all, thanks for reading! Please share your own ideas in the comments as well.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes