Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

WTFOMG?!? LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: WTFOMG?!? LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean?

Postby MrCRskater » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:22 pm

For what it's worth, I scoped my local TRU and they had all the PotC stuff on the shelves, including the Queen Anne's Revenge.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby MicroJow » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:37 pm

Swung by the TRU in Porter Ranch, CA and found all but the Fountain of Youth set on the shelves. Couldn't resist and purchased Queen Anne's Revenge.

- J
MicroJow

Postby Kevblee » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:29 pm

I found a bunch today too...picked up the 4 I found. No Queen Anne's Revenge on the shelf......how much is that one at TRU?
www.brickstruct.com
Kevblee

Postby cas » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:47 pm

QAR should be $120 in store (MSRP), who knows how long we have until the price is jacked up. Luckily, we also shouldn't have to wait long for these to appear at Wal-mart, Target et al, since the sets are part of the merch rollout in the upcoming weeks.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Andi » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:37 pm

What do you think of the sets so far?
I love the minifigs.
I like that the instruction is safely stored between cardboard.
~Andi
Flickr
Andi

Postby Coret » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:10 pm

Now I find this funny. I bought both the $20 sets, and while 1 of them the instructions was in a plastic bag with cardboard, the other didn't have it.
Coret

Postby banthafodder » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:13 pm

Just an FYI. My local Target had all the sets available except QAR in store. Didn't know if it was posted elsewhere.
banthafodder

Postby MrCRskater » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:54 am

Andi wrote:What do you think of the sets so far?
I love the minifigs.
I like that the instruction is safely stored between cardboard.

Ditto'd, the figs are outstanding! The sets also seem to come with a fair number of odd parts, which I also like. I've only picked up Isla de la Muerta, but like Coret, my instructions were not sealed w/ cardboard backing. Maybe the cardboard backing is a measure to protect the sticker sheets and not the instructions (in other words, only sets with sticker sheets have the stickers and instructions on a cardboard backing).
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby banthafodder » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:09 am

My Isla de Muerta did come with the instructions in the bag with the cardboard backing but it did not have the figure playing card like the other sets. I also like the posters they are placing in the sets as well.
banthafodder

Postby Robzula » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:31 pm

banthafodder wrote:My Isla de Muerta did come with the instructions in the bag with the cardboard backing but it did not have the figure playing card like the other sets.

I think the cards are only in the sets for the fourth movie. On the product page, it says "Find cards with codes inside LEGO® Pirates of the Caribbean™: On Stranger Tides products to unlock hidden treasures." My Isla de la Meurta set also included the cardboard backer to protect the instructions and poster, though the poster was manufactured wrong; the inside crease was partially glued together and it had little cuts going along it.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Marty » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:03 pm

Well.... Good news in Australia I managed to pickup 6 of the sets in a Target store, the ones that haven't arrived yet, where great London escape, White chapel bay & Black beards ship (Sniff!)
Bad news, they very very expensive! For those 6 small sets, the cheapest was $24 AUD & the dearest was $80?
These don't even come close to the American prices on Lego shop @ home and the price of the Australian dollar?
Though I will agree the figures are brilliant! I don't believe the sets are worth this price, in fact one set in particular is down right awful, in terms of value for money and the whole sticker debacle.
I'll let you figure this out.
I'm also disappointed, that the stores in Australia are so slow on the up take, and charge for the privilege, we haven't even seen the egypt sets yet, and yet these have now arrived, so what's going on?
In terms of building, I haven't opened them yet, as I'm thinking about returning the bad ones for this very reason.
I was so looking forward to these sets, and would most likely have bought the full range, but seeing that the profit margin's are so high here, I don't plan to get anymore other than the black pearl, and that will be from Lego Shop @ home, even with they're large delivery fee?

Here are the prices in Australia (Target)

4183 - $79.00 AUD (Well over priced!)
4191 - $24.00 AUD
4181 - $39.00 AUD (Not a bad set, but over priced.)
4183 - $39.00 AUD
4192 - $39.00 AUD
Marty

Postby dark flemish » Sat May 07, 2011 10:23 am

It is possible now for entering the "card" code you may received.

Greetings,
Dark Flemish
dark flemish

Postby Plo Koon » Sun May 22, 2011 12:17 pm

Hope they make the Pearl and Dutchman eventually.
Plo Koon

Postby Coret » Sun May 22, 2011 1:04 pm

The Pearl is coming out in November from what I remember.

As to the Dutchman, I am more for a classical type ship myself, so I wouldn't want Davy Jones ship, but rather the Will Turner version at the end.
Coret

Postby bobalego » Tue May 31, 2011 1:03 pm

I am trying my best not to start a new thread about this question, so I hope someone will read this...I just bought the game and notice that there is a severely bad glitch in 2 person mode. The first levels on the ship and inside the ship are horrible in two person mode. The second player can not see the character, the screen keeps moving around like it is trying to find the character. Very disappointed and discouraged as I have played enough of the first level to not want to return the game to see if a new version is ok...anyone else have this trouble?
bobalego

Postby banthafodder » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:36 pm

I've also had a problem in the two player mode with the screen freezing and having to restart, and last night while playing the mill level with my son, Jack completely disappeared from the screen and ended up having to restart.
banthafodder

Postby bobalego » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:56 am

I might start a new thread about this, hope it is ok...
bobalego

Postby MrCRskater » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:42 am

So, I went to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie last night, and it left me wondering,

Spoiler: show
Why has LEGO emphasized the zombie pirates so much? Their role in the film was negligible, and in the entirety of the film I only saw two, both bald. Who's this long-haired fellow that came in my Captain's Cabin set? For my money, I would have MUCH rather had more "regular" pirate figs than tons of meaningless zombie pirates.

But maybe that's just me. . .
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes