Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Harry Potter Lego Discounts...Do they exist?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Harry Potter Lego Discounts...Do they exist?

Postby sadowsk1 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:43 pm

I am curious because I was never really interested in the Harry Potter sets before, but is this a licensed theme that goes on sale at Toys R Us like TS3 and PoP or is it treated like Star Wars and rarely goes on sale? I am thinking about buying some of the news sets and this is just a curiosity of mine.
sadowsk1

Re: Harry Potter Lego Sales...Do they exist?

Postby Marty » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:28 pm

Harry potter, what can I say, I collected the complete series, and was offered quite a bit to sell it, I never did like most of the sets Lego produced on this, as I thought it let the films down. It only started to get interesting when in the last to years, when it meant the themes where getting darker, but that too was a let down as they only covered the basics and not the main story.
Still with the new Harry Potter things have gotten better and the sets and figures are vastly improved, and yes, I'll be getting what I can of them and hopefully others I've spoken too will as well. As for going on sale, from time to time yes I have seen it, but you must remember it's gotten more popular since it first came out and although if Ebay and that are anything to go by some collectors haven't forgotten this.
My adivce is don't leave it too long before deciding to buy these.
Marty

Postby GrayMattR » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:26 pm

TRU has changed their sale strategies enough that it's hard to say if the Harry Potter sets will go on sale there. My guess is that they will because while some lines have been specifically on sale at a time, the blanket BOGO sales are on all sets except the Star Wars line. Don't forget that the Harry Potter line will also be available at Target, WalMart, K-Mart, etc. Target regularly puts various lines on sale so that's good news. I bought a bunch of Harry Potter sets on clearance from Target back in the day. I don't think you have to worry about getting your hands on the sets.
GrayMattR

Postby Draykov » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:11 pm

I know I picked up the last Hogwart's set (5378) on sale for something ridiculously cheap at Target, but not all Targets were discounting it as deeply. If memory serves, I got it for like 70% off, but I don't remember encountering any other HP sets on sale...of course, that could just be because I didn't buy very many.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Solscud007 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:29 am

I was at a Barnes and Noble bookstore. All toys are buy 2 get one free. They have some Harry Potter sets.
Solscud007

Re: Harry Potter Lego Discounts...Do they exist?

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:15 pm

I'm wondering if they will be put on sale next week to coincide with the release of the Deathly Hallows movie. Target put out a $5 coupon for Hagrid's Hut but curiously also pulled all the HP sets from their shelves.

Has anyone else seen these at Target in the last two weeks?
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby banthafodder » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:18 pm

At my Target they had them out on the end for about a week, then pulled them all. However, they have been back up for the last ten days or so. They were there as of Saturday.
banthafodder

Postby Mandalorian Candidat » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:48 am

I stopped off at Borders last night to find out they expanded their Lego shelf space (YAY!) to include Harry Potter. I used a 40% off rewards coupon to get Hagrid's Hut for $26.99. Their regular price is $44.99, which isn't too bad for a Borders markup. They also had the Burrow ($74.99) and Freeing Dobby ($12.99). I think they are supposed to have Hogwarts Express but ran out.

I also noted that they restocked the 2010 army builder sets which had been MIA for several months.
Mandalorian Candidat

Postby Draykov » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:17 am

Per the front page post, BOGO 50% off HP sets at Target.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Marty » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:48 pm

At the minute, Target stores in Melbourne are giving 20% all Lego sets including HP which is good news if you plan to buy the Hogwarts Castle.
Marty

Return to Licensed Themes