Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Prince of Persia Hi-Res Box Art, Release Date, Preorder Now

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: LEGO Prince of Persia Hi-Res Box Art, Release Date, Preorder

Postby TheLegoKid » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:28 pm

ShockZap wrote:
TheLegoKid wrote:Does anyone know what color the fortress in 'The Battle of Almut' is?

Dark orange.

Okay, thanks!
TheLegoKid

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:08 pm

KarolRabalski wrote:These sets are really cool, cool pieces and minifigs ands stuff
Although I won't buy them because I never played the videogame and I don't want to see the movie, there is one awesome thing. The prices! Maybe this will reflect on the later LEGO Star Wars sets coming out this year, as both are movie-sets etc.

Yeah, those surprised me. Here we have a licensed theme, with all KINDS of new molds, and plenty of new minifigs, yet somehow these seem much less expensive than the new Star Wars sets. Sure lends credence to the notion that the higher prices have nothing (or very little, anyway) to do with production costs.
Mister Ed

Postby Darth Caedus » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:08 am

I love the smallest set - it's a great weapons pack for the shoulder armor, katana holsters, "Wolverine Maplestory" claws and some nice long-handled weapons - not to mention the uniquely sand-tan bush. The minifigs are great as well. The only other set I like is the biggest one, but I can't justify that for any Lego set at this point in my life. Love the Ben Kingsley minifigure though. Will get 1-2 of the little set for sure.
Darth Caedus

Postby Thundarr » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:52 pm

Looking at parts of the 7572 Quest Against Time set, I'm reminded of Indiana Jones and his final challenges to get the holy grail in Last Crusade. I wonder if they had a "Quest for the Holy Grail" Indy set planned and then re-worked it a little to fit in with POP after the IJ line was discontinued...
The parts I'm referring to are the saw blade at the left of the picture, then moving towards the left we have a path and then up past the rocky arch and lion's head you would come to a big chasm between you and the mean dude guarding the gold (or whatever that is) behind him at the top right of the picture. Similar to Last Crusade's: Penitent man will pass, pathway of the "word of God", leap of faith "only in the leap from the lion's head will he prove his worth", and grail knight guardian.
Just my humble take on it - if anything, somebody could easily make a MOC Last Crusade Holy Grail set using parts of this set.
Thundarr

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes