Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Disney Sets in 2010

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Disney Sets in 2010

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:34 am

http://toys-and-gadgets.co.uk/

Seen over on Eurobricks. Can anyone confirm?

LEGO(R) and LEGO DUPLO(R) products are currently in development for three franchises — Disney Pixar’s Toy Story and Cars, and Prince of Persia — all scheduled to launch in 2010.
Last edited by GIR3691 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Re: Disney?

Postby Joedward » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:52 am

toy story....

Toy Story.....

OMFG TOY STORY, I really hope this is real, that would be so cool
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby EwokWarrior » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:55 am

... Didn't see that coming! :shock: I mean, PoP has games rated Mature, so why would they make LEGOs based off it? I guess the film is targeted more towards the Everyone game kid fans. Wait, Star Wars Episode: III, some Harry Potter, and Indiana Jones were rated PG-13... Is LEGO turning darker?
EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not a PoP fan), but first a Mature game, next two Teen, then a Everyone, and now Disney... I think next is a NickJr show!
Who am I? I am the galaxy's top Ewok warrior. That is all anyone needs to know.
Brickshelf: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=EwokWarrior
EwokWarrior

Postby Green Brick Giant » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:49 am

Interesting.....

My thought on Toy Story LEGOs is "WTF?!?!", should be interesting. Now we just need to wait 8-10 months for pictures! :lol:
"It seems that the more (idiotic, foolish, childish, moronic )passionate members of our community are getting a little upset and impatient to say the least."
Green Brick Giant

Postby iLike Lego » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:08 pm

"Cars" and "Toy Story"!?!
I'll totally buy those if they're not Duplo!!!

Or maybe buy them as Duplo for my future children...
Hmm... Decisions.
iLike Lego

Postby UOldPirate » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:44 pm

At first I thought that press release might be bogus. The toys-and-gadgets blog is brand new with only one post. However the same press release is also on the CBS MarketWatch site.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/disney-lego-group-announce-strategic/story.aspx?guid=%7BF5A814C3-DFB5-4C89-9E9F-F337AC485B51%7D

I guess this is legit. Can't wait to see how they do a Lego Buzz Lightyear.
UOldPirate

Postby Azaghal » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:55 pm

EwokWarrior wrote:Wait, Star Wars Episode: III, some Harry Potter, and Indiana Jones were rated PG-13... Is LEGO turning darker?
EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not a PoP fan), but first a Mature game, next two Teen, then a Everyone, and now Disney... I think next is a NickJr show!
I suspect (Also knowing next to nothing about Prince of Persia) that film will be somewhat similar in tone to the Pirates of the Caribbean films (also distributed by Disney) - not exactly the next step up from Nick Jr. ;)

Also, I see from the press release that Alfred Molina is going to be in the film - if his character gets a minifig, he'll be in the lead. XD

Anyway, these sound very interesting, though I'm mighty suspicious of a Toy Story minifig line - it just sounds like something that wouldn't work very well. Then again, look at Spongebob . . .
Azaghal

Postby TheThrasher » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:58 pm

I am just so shocked by this, and I don't know how they're going to pull this all off, but I'm sure they've got something up thier sleaves. It looks like Cars will be all Duplo, Prince of Persia will be all system sets, and Toy Story will have a combination of both. The Toy Story one is the only line that I'm really at all interested in, since the whole Disney line doesn't excite me that much, just really surprises me. As long as they don't go over board and we start getting Hannah Montana and High School Musical sets *cringes just thinking about that*, then I'll be fine with the new line.

But that does get me thinking, since I'm sure LEGO will have rights to alot of Disney characters, does anyone think there is a posabillity that they might make a Belville type Hannah Montana line or some type of High School Mucical line, or do you think LEGO is smart enough to grab their crucifix and just stay away from that evil. I hope they don't begin to swurve in the wrong direction with the new license...
TheThrasher

Postby bluemoose » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:45 pm

TheThrasher wrote:...does anyone think there is a posabillity that they might make a Belville type Hannah Montana line or some type of High School Mucical line...

No, there is no possibility. :shock:

All together now ...

"there is no possibility"

... if we all say it often enough, it'll never happen. XD

Ian
bluemoose

Postby Solo » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:12 pm

Well, they did do a Winnie the Pooh line a while back. Mike and Ace will have a lot of esplainin to do...

Edit: Official word from Ace via the mainpage: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=315
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: Disney Sets in 2010

Postby Solo » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:52 pm

I'm going to close this thread so we can keep on discussion going on in the official thread on the mainpage post, as linked above. (I also moved a couple of the recent posts over to that thread, and it's a bit of a chore...)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to Licensed Themes