Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Ben 10 Found On Amazon.com

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: LEGO Ben 10 Found On Amazon.com

Postby Michael » Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:06 pm

Although these look like the previously failed Galidor line, Ben10 is an established, popular kids show, so that alone makes this line far more viable.

Also we've had a few Ben10 figures here at home and they aren't very good at all, with most of them breaking, or not moving like they should. At least with LEGO producing the kits they should be of a high quality, again another plus.

I'm sure one of my kids will get one of these at some point, but I wont be disappointed when I see it discarded in the backyard.
Michael

Postby Raequan » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:52 pm

CaptainPike wrote:Ben 10 is actually a really well written show that kids and adult SF fans can enjoy. That said, what morons launch a toy line on Jan 1st instead of, I don't know, before xmas?

Never liked Ben 10. Half their stuff is a ripoff of Halo. But my little cousin enjoys it and, hopefully, it will get little kids like him familiar with LEGO. I think the main mistake here is the price/parts ratio that'll make a lot of parents pass these up for the young ones.
Raequan

Postby theJudeAbides » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:39 pm

I've never watched Ben 10, so I'd like to think I'm fairly neutral towards them. However, I'd much rather by a Bionicle set than these. They at least contain some useful parts.

I suppose I'm not in the demographic for these, and that's fine. Still, I remember getting, as a child, a cool robot set that was made entirely from System elements. Heck, even the recent Exo-force line was able to use System elements to create highly posable action-figure type creations. I don't understand why they can't create high-quality, action-figure type sets from the existing array of System elements.

Plus, I have to imagine all the sets required new molds for their unique pieces. Maybe it's just me, but I just don't get the point of creating a single, one-shot piece for a single set when you could just as easily create something similar with existing pieces. If it was a piece that could be used for different sets and really added to the System library, I'd understand, but these pieces add very little.

In the end, when I look at these sets, I see very crappy parts/part usage and no minifigs. Thus, there is no reason for me to buy them. Maybe some children will get a kick out of them as action figures, but I don't see too many collectors/builders wasting their time/money with them.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes