Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

INDY 5 in the works. Um...yay?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: INDY 5 in the works. Um...yay?

Postby GrayMattR » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:01 pm

I would love keeping Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones but George Lucas has to go as the writer. Let him produce and give suggestions but aliens? really? There's so many mystical archeological stuff around the world that crystal aliens had nothing to do with.
GrayMattR

Postby theJudeAbides » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:48 am

It's time for another edition of Wild & Random Speculation. Today's topic: potential Indy 5 subtitles.
  • Indiana Jones and the Dang Kids With Their Flashy Trinkets Who Won't Get Off My Lawn
  • Indiana Jones and the Onset Alziemers
    aka Dude, Where's My Artifact (with potential to recast Aston Kutcher in Indy role)
  • Indiana Jones and the Curious Case of Incontinence
  • Indiana Jones and the Search for a Method of Destroying George Lucas and/or Stephen Spielberg.
  • Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Geriatric Ward.
  • Indiana Jones and the Bum Prostate
Yeah, he's old.

The sad thing is, I can actually imagine Ashton Kutcher as Indy and it not being a bad thing. What's wrong with me? (That's a rhetorical question.)
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Jargon » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:48 am

This may excite some
Sean Connery Returning For Indy 5?
Indy mentioned in KotCS that he was "gone." I think it'd be lame if they tried to retcon that into meaning geographically gone, rather than dead.
However, especially for those who abhorred aliens in KotCS, could Indy not discover something having to do with the afterlife? That could actually end up pretty cool, considering the opportunities for tying it in with the old films.
    - Aaron
Jargon

Postby Joedward » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:27 pm

If Connery returns it better be in a bloody flashback. If the story arcs into a the after life I'll have a fit.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Captain Typo » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:30 pm

Joedward wrote:If Connery returns it better be in a bloody flashback. If the story arcs into a the after life I'll have a fit.

Same here. But here's some food for thought; it could be a prequel to KoTCS, with Mutt nowhere to be found...

I'm sure that would please more than a couple people. Then all that's left to do is tone down the CGI and oust GL... :lol:
"Yippie-ki-yay, my friend."

-John McLane, Die Hard With a Vengeance- The TV Edit
Captain Typo

Location: Trapped inside a quadrilateral receptacle that is in front of you

Postby Andi » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:46 pm

Why did Indy's dad die anyway? Didn't he drink from the goblet found in Last Crusade, which means that you live forever?
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby hatcher » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:42 pm

Andi wrote:Why did Indy's dad die anyway? Didn't he drink from the goblet found in Last Crusade, which means that you live forever?

You only get to live forever if you stay in the cave. The Knight that was still in there lived forever, but his two brothers died of extreme old age (like 150 years or something). So, that is why in the Young Indy tv show, they had the 103 year old Indy as the narrator, still alive, but really, really old. Henry Jones might out last all the other geezers in the nursing home, but he'd eventually die.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby Flynn » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:34 pm

Captain Typo wrote:Same here. But here's some food for thought; it could be a prequel to KoTCS, with Mutt nowhere to be found...

I'm sure that would please more than a couple people. Then all that's left to do is tone down the CGI and oust GL... :lol:

I think what would be great about that is that it'd likely be in the late 40's, meaning that Indy would be back with some Nazi-kicking action again...
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Mr.legoman123 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:33 pm

[quote][Why did Indy's dad die anyway? Didn't he drink from the goblet found in Last Crusade, which means that you live forever?

You only get to live forever if you stay in the cave. The Knight that was still in there lived forever, but his two brothers died of extreme old age (like 150 years or something). So, that is why in the Young Indy tv show, they had the 103 year old Indy as the narrator, still alive, but really, really old. Henry Jones might out last all the other geezers in the nursing home, but he'd eventually die.quote]

I thought He died becuase he was injured, and if you drink from the Grail when your injured, it only cures your injuries. However if your healthy and you drink, you become immortal.
NO ONE CARES ABOUT HOW YOUR DAD SHAVES HIS LEGS!!!!
Mr.legoman123

Postby ~Sith~ » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:25 am

Man, this had better be something about how Indy gets teleported into another dimension and meets Han Solo, and then they fall into another dimension which leads them to Air Force 1. Then the Russians, the Sith, and, the terrorists from the movies, should team up against the Harrison Ford Trio. What better combo than the President, a smuggler with a laser pistol, and a 65 year old man who thinks he's a cowboy? Anyways, I'm gonna watch this movie whether it's good or bad. XD
- ~Sith~ :D

My YT Lego Animation Account: www.youtube.com/ZhaoPao
~Sith~

Postby Raequan » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:55 pm

Two words.

Epic. FAIL.
Raequan

Postby I Don't Know » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:25 pm

I know this may seem sad , but what if Indy died at the end.

And I always thought that you would be immortal unless the grail ever passed the great seal.
Someone once asked me"Why is Star Wars awesome?" I replied" I Don't Know, it just is."
I Don't Know

Postby Jedd the Jedi » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:34 pm

liquidcross wrote:Just recast Indy. It worked out just fine for James Bond.

It's...different with Indy. I seriously cannot see anyone else besides Harrison Ford in that role. Then again, that's what many said about Sean Connery back in the day. As for a fith movie, I'm hoping they take the feedback that was given for Crystal Skull and make vast improvements. Or, it could just be the Attack of the Clones to Crystal Skull's Phantom Menace..
Jedd the Jedi

Postby OOM-9 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:32 pm

Wait, wait, hold on! Another Indy film!? Boy I am behind on the news aren't I? All I can tell ya is that script better be good! :roll: As far as recasting Indy.....um..no. Only Harrison Ford can be play Indy.
OOM-9

Postby dead trooper » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:26 am

~Sith~ wrote:Man, this had better be something about how Indy gets teleported into another dimension and meets Han Solo, and then they fall into another dimension which leads them to Air Force 1. Then the Russians, the Sith, and, the terrorists from the movies, should team up against the Harrison Ford Trio. What better combo than the President, a smuggler with a laser pistol, and a 65 year old man who thinks he's a cowboy? Anyways, I'm gonna watch this movie whether it's good or bad. XD

that actually sounds decent by comparison to indy 4's story
dead trooper

Postby Blacknight » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:51 am

Captain Typo wrote:What, you've never heard of this guy? He's got tons of potential. LIterally, just bursting with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IXCK1EyP4s
Blacknight

Postby hatcher » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:22 am

I got one word for you. NO!

Very funny.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby fredjh » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:08 am

Wouldn't bother me...

George Lucas is terrible. His greatest successes were, at least, collaborations if not completely written or directed by someone else. When he started thinking he could do it all himself is when it started going downhill.

It could be a prequel or, at least, an out-of-chronological ordering, but frankly I hope not.

Shia Lebouf is not that bad. He's no Harrison Ford, but I don't really get the hate. He was just fine in Indy 4, if there was a problem it was with the story itself. In fact, I see it all the time where actors seem to do a pretty good (even phenomenal job sometimes) in a terrible movie and get labeled as bad actors.

A good movie starts with a good foundation - the writing. Without a good story, the whole movie fails no matter how good anyone else does.
fredjh

Postby onions » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:03 pm

fredjh wrote:Wouldn't bother me...

George Lucas is terrible. His greatest successes were, at least, collaborations if not completely written or directed by someone else. When he started thinking he could do it all himself is when it started going downhill.

It could be a prequel or, at least, an out-of-chronological ordering, but frankly I hope not.

Shia Lebouf is not that bad. He's no Harrison Ford, but I don't really get the hate. He was just fine in Indy 4, if there was a problem it was with the story itself. In fact, I see it all the time where actors seem to do a pretty good (even phenomenal job sometimes) in a terrible movie and get labeled as bad actors.

A good movie starts with a good foundation - the writing. Without a good story, the whole movie fails no matter how good anyone else does.

i think the hate for shia stems from the fact that he's an egotistical pompous nerfherder
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby theJudeAbides » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:59 am

Well, if they made a prequel, they could introduce a different type of alien. Perhaps one with big floppy ears and a silly accent. Wait a second... that's just Shia LeBeef, and that would cause continuity errors. Nevermind. :lol:
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

PreviousNext

Return to Licensed Themes