Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Remember Potter?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: Remember Potter?

Postby majortom » Mon May 17, 2010 12:49 pm

Haha, like that idea; quidditch battle packs!
About ten years ago(?) there was a lego football (thats soccer for you yanks) theme within which you could collect parts of pitch along with players which you could combine to make a proper stadium.
At least I think there was, I may be mistaken...
majortom

Postby Masta' Bo » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:52 am

WOW wasn't expecting this...but anyways I"m not sure if I like the direction that TLC is taking HP sets...well the buildings are nice—the Quiddich set is a little iffy—but I just have a beef with the minifigs. I miss the old style hairpieces. I don't like it how TLC has to make a new mold for every set, especially when the classic HP 1 and 2 (and even 3 ) style figures were good enough. Anybody feelin that or no?
Because I'm a bothan...or a brick. Bo out.
Brickshelf
"No, Lois, LEGO is not the same as MegaBloks, and as soon as you figure that out, the sooner we can get this marriage back on track."
Masta' Bo

Postby Prince Kahuka » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:31 pm

No way! I say the more hairpieces, the better. I like as much variety as possible in my minifigs.
Prince Kahuka

Postby Flynn » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:45 pm

I'm actually with Masta' Bo on this one. I mean, the new hairpeices are nice, and do allow for more variety, but you have to ask yourself- do we really need some of them? I mean, Bellatrix's was probably necessary, but wouldn't the french braid hair work just as well for Ginny? And did we need new hair for Draco? I mean, sometimes new molds are necessary, but isn't it part of the charm of LEGO that certain pieces have so many different uses
Of course, it's not nearly as bad as the faceprints. For the most part, they're okay (Really like the new Ron and Hermione faces), but some of them look just awful. Draco's got a grin on his face that makes the original Han Solo face look sly, Mrs. Weasley looks like a man, and several other faces just look like they've got way too much detail going on. For the most part, I prefer the original figures.

Well, anyways, the sets do look nice. I was always a huge fan of the original Potter line mainly for the look of the architecture in the castle sets, and it looks to be just as good here. A shame that they're not going with the whole "combine the sets to get a bigger castle"-type thing, I really liked that about the original sets.

Oh- and I lol'd hard at the angry monster face on Aragog. :lol:
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Plo Koon » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:22 pm

When are the new sets coming out?
Plo Koon

Postby banthafodder » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:43 pm

I was told by Lego that they are expecting an October release.
banthafodder

Postby infallible » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:37 am

The latest store calendar (for September) advertises that LEGO retail stores will have Potter sets for sale on October 1st.
infallible

Postby vynsane » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:42 am

infallible wrote:The latest store calendar (for September) advertises that LEGO retail stores will have Potter sets for sale on October 1st.

With a pre-order available September 1.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Brickset reviews
vynsane

Postby preterosso » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:00 pm

Looks like TLG is ready for the September 1 pre-order:
http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/cli ... 3Bd%253D70
_______
Just Phil
preterosso

Postby meeotch » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:53 pm

I doubt anyone knows exactly when they'll hit TRU's shelves, but using the information I have I can make a pretty good guess. The September LEGO calendar says that they are available October 1st. TRU has a history of putting new sets out on shelves a few weeks in advance, so I'd be willing to bet they'll be out any day now. Whether or not they will have enough stock to have it available on Oct 2nd is anyone's guess, however.
"Always carefully check the source of your internet quotes" - Abraham Lincoln
meeotch

Postby UOldPirate » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:20 pm

Amazon has a link on their main Lego page to .pdf mini poster with all the new HP minifigs. If you like the Potter stuff, it might be worth the click:

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/toys-and-games/brandstores/lego/MiniFigure_Poster2010.pdf
UOldPirate

Postby fredjh » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:05 am

If I'm not mistaken, I heard rewards points will double in October for purchases at the LEGO Store (don't know about S@H), so I think I will make the trip as early as I can in October and buy all the HP (and the Winter Bakery) then.

I'm generally a pretty patient guy... if the gambit doesn't pay off, I'm sure the HP sets will be available for some time. The only think I'm worried about is the Bakery, but I'm not too worried about it.
fredjh

Postby banthafodder » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:51 pm

When I asked at the lego store they said that the double points should be available for the S@H as well.
banthafodder

Postby Master Fetty » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:16 am

Napoleon wrote:Does anyone know if these sets will be in TRU on October 2, 3, or 4? That's when I'll have lots o' cash to blow, and I don't want to miss out on these.

Why not - *gasp* - save your cash and buy some later on, when you know they'll be available?

Or a least buy them off S@H - it'll be cheaper.
Master Fetty

Postby J30spiff » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:24 pm

The Harry Potter sets I ordered from S@H were shipped out today. :D Based on my experience, they should be arriving before the Oct 1 release date.
J30spiff

Postby MicroJow » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:59 pm

I ended up pre-ordering the three big sets from TRU with their "Buy Two Get One Free" deal. After doing the calculations, I'm only really saving ten bucks and a drive to the Lego Store but, in the immortal words of Getty Lee, "ten bucks is ten bucks!"

When did Toys-R-Us start charging more than than the Lego Store?? I guess I haven't been paying attention, but wasn't it not too long ago that sets cost LESS at Toys-R-Us than at the Lego Store? I guess with Kay Bee out of business, someone needed to step up and close the Overprice Gap.

- MJ
MicroJow

Postby Morgan19 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:13 pm

MicroJow wrote:When did Toys-R-Us start charging more than than the Lego Store??

You must not've been to a TRU in a few years? ;)

m19
Morgan19

Postby J30spiff » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:33 am

My Harry Potter sets from S@H arrived today. XD
J30spiff

Postby vman100 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:03 pm

Ours too! My son is building the burrow right now!
vman100

Postby MicroJow » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:31 am

I found The Burrow at Target last night. No other Potter sets were on the shelf. Too many darn stickers, but it's nice to have 5 new official minifigures to add to my Potter collection! I was surprised to see that the wands are the same old same old. I was under the impression they would be tapered at the end like on the poster. And that Harry would come with a different hairpiece. Ah well. Bring on the new Hogwarts!

- MJ
MicroJow

PreviousNext

Return to Licensed Themes