Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Remember Potter?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: Remember Potter?

Postby DarthMC » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:49 pm

I wonder if Borders will be getting these at some point. If they stock at the same price points as the new Star Wars sets (most expensive set they carry now is the Slave 1), they may have every set except the castle. Even with their markup, the 40% off coupon gives between 20% to 30% off.

DarthMC
DarthMC

Postby condor » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:55 pm

I was at the Lego store today to pick up the Bakery set and saw Hogwarts and Hogwarts Express. I was disappointed with both of them. I mean, I'd seen them in pictures, but the castle looks really small. King's Castle Siege looks so much better. I wish they would have made a Hogwarts Express in the same vein as Emerald Night.
condor

Postby Marty » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:08 pm

Well, forgot to mention, I saw the following HP sets at target store's Melbourne on Saturday and I thought it was worth a mention;
The Dobby release set.
The flying broom set.
The Hagrid Hut set.
All where evenly priced, but as yet no burrow, train or castle to speak off.
(I'd really like the burrow!)
Marty

What Hp sets would you like to see?

Postby Marty » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:47 pm

Okay, so I thought I'd add a few, as having been amazed at what has shown up in the new Harry Potter series so far, I'd like to see more.

First on the list would have to be Moaning Myrtle's Bathroom, complete with, you guessed it?
An here's why, the character was never given an airing first time around, and it was such an important character.
The bathroom lead to the Chamber of secrets, (another let down, by-the-way, by the original set), and one worthy of a decent remake along with Glderoy Lockart and the medical area.

Second, the Dersleys, they appeared in just about most of the movies, but all Lego every produced was uncle vernon & part of the house?
What happen to a set with the whole family, including the aunt with the bulldog, loved that bit.

Third, Order of the Phoenix, what about a set based on the ministry of magic including Delores & Fudge, with the crystal ball room, and the end battle. Also the house where they used, with the elf, Sirius, Mad-eye & Lupin.

Fourth, the Goblet of fire, no cup or final task, in this one. Not to mention one of the main characters was left out.

Finally, the ghosts, nearly headless nick, the bloody baron, etc, they deserve a mention, not sure about peeves though?

There are many other good sets that could be made from these movies, but time is short, and I think given what Lego has released so far they are on the right track, what are your thoughts.
Marty

Postby CommanderKeller » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:22 pm

I just came to the stunning realization that there are no other houses in the harry potter sets.
Anyone else feel like there should be "wizard packs" or something like it for each house? I would really like to see some Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff characters with school uniform. (I'm looking at you Cho and Ernie Macmillan).

edit

Just had a brilliant idea. Have hufflepuff and ravenclaw quidditch class builder sets. Imagine the stands during the movies with the different house colors. Four or five minifigs per set and the set includes house flags and colored bricks. Maybe combine them all to make a quidditch stadium?
A wise old man once told me, "Remember kid, there are heroes and there are legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid and you will never go wrong". Cookies for the reference.
CommanderKeller

Postby Draykov » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:03 am

Courtesy of Kris Kelvin over at Eurobricks: 4867 Battle for Hogwarts

Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:47 pm

I still can't believe that they keep using those full-length rods for wands. Now that the collectible minifigs have given us shorter ones, why not use those? They would look much less absurd, IMHO.
Mister Ed

Postby WillyWampa » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:38 pm

Draykov wrote:Courtesy of Kris Kelvin over at Eurobricks: 4867 Battle for Hogwarts

[img]h[/img]

Nice looking set. Um.... Where's the rest of it??? It looks like Hogwart's has been through some serious downsizing!!
WillyWampa

Postby Jargon » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:10 pm

I like it. It looks like a great way to get a slice of Hogwarts in a mid-scale set.
Jargon

Postby cas » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:37 pm

WillyWampa wrote:Nice looking set. Um.... Where's the rest of it??? It looks like Hogwart's has been through some serious downsizing!!

The rest of it is in a separate set, of course! Gotta buy 'em all!
cas
Staff Writer

Postby batsamd » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:51 pm

I'm not into HP, so not sure if this is new, but received an email from DK Publishing about being at C2E2 2011 and they mentioned the LEGO Harry Potter Building the Magical World book, which appears to be similar to the LSW Visual Dictionary, including an exclusive HP minifig.

Looks like it will cost $21.99 but no release date is given.

EDIT: According to Amazon the book will be published May 30, 2011 and they have a preorder price of $12.93.
batsamd

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes