Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Signs Deal With Ben 10

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: LEGO Signs Deal With Ben 10

Postby Big C » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:07 pm

I actually kinda like Ben 10. It's really not the most terrible thing ever. It's certainly no Galidor, at least.

Like others have mentioned, should make for some fun figures, at least. And some cool sets. What's-his-face's car should make for a cool model, at least.

This really is no different from LEGO producing Spongebob sets. We'll likely see a bunch of minifigs, and probably some set rehashes over time, but who cares? What matters is that they're signing on with a fairly lucrative license that should make them some good coin, which in turn will allow them to make more sets that we really like. ;)
Big C

Postby Flynn » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:57 pm

As strange as this liscensing deal may be, just remember that it will never be as strange as their Galidor liscence.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Crusader » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:12 am

My kids like the show, and from the little I've seen it doesn't seem to be a bad show. I'm curious to see how many sets are in the first wave. Avatar suffered from only having two sets and the cheapest one sold for $30. Lego seems to have better luck introducing new stuff at lower price points to get kids hooked on the theme.

The Speed Racer sets seemed to sell fairly well even with the movie tanking. Granted the set with the red truck went on super clearance, but it was by all appearance a horribly desgned set that noone would really want. That line had two $20 sets that sold pretty well from what I could see.

Lego appears to have adopted a more cautious approach to licensed stuff. The last wave of Batman sets were clearly not made in large quantities, probably because the previous two waves seemed to be only moderate sellers. Unfortunatley for Lego, they would have sold a lot more of the last wave of Batman sets, if the sets had been made in the first place.

My biggest concern for Ben 10 sets is that show may have already hit its peak.
"He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative." - G.K. Chesterton
Crusader

Postby lego-method » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:52 pm

yay for Ben 10 > Star Wars!
lego-method

Postby huck to flat » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:39 am

CommanoSev wrote:Wow I hope LEGO doesn't completely kill their reputation with giant alien shaped LEGO pieces. :S Who knows maybe this theme will be pretty successful.(Although SW and Space Police are already supplying the aliens, wouldn't this be a 3rd wheel?)

I always liked tricycles...
"show me how to lie, im getting better all the time..."
huck to flat

Postby legofett » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:40 am

huck to flat wrote:

I always liked tricycles...

Lol. I always liked the tricycle elements too.

The more I think about it though you guys are right, this is a good chance to stuff our cantinas. :p

And as for Crusader said batman was over... I am covering my ears to those words,as I am in major Denial lol. ;)
legofett

Postby Brick Of War » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:50 pm

As for I can sat the Original Ben 10 show was better what I dont get is the whole thing with the omnitrix the last episode of the originals his Dad was okay with Ben having it then in the new series he is all mad about it but, Galidor was very bad! Looking at the pictures of LEGO Galidor made me want to shred them then burn the remains but sadly, I am not authorized to have a lighter without the permission but, over all It might turn out successful... Now instead of a white shirt with a stripe we get a green jacket wiith a blac shirt under it but, I'm kinda a fan but, after the first 10 episodes i didn't like A.F. (Alien Force) that much but it is always good to have new elements and pieces and it is a new twist.
Brick Of War

Postby Huntmaster » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:50 pm

I have a feeling this would be galidor style,ugh. :lol:
Huntmaster

Postby Seasian » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:58 pm

Has there been any news about the deal lately?
Seasian

Postby I Don't Know » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:58 pm

Not that I know of , and Yea, more aliens
Someone once asked me"Why is Star Wars awesome?" I replied" I Don't Know, it just is."
I Don't Know

Postby dead trooper » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:22 pm

tekjock wrote:Schweeet ... my son LOVES Ben 10, I kinda like it to.

Legomancer wrote:Update: Just read an article on it. Apparently it's Ben 10: Alien Force sets only. DANG.

LEGO Four Arms would've been SOOOOO awesome… :(

What really angers me is the fact that the photo in the article has the original Ben Tennyson; not 15-year old Ben. FALSE ADVERTISING!!

Yes, Lego Four arms would kick BUT

diamondhead is in season three premiere episode of Ben 10: Alien Force, so we might get him
dead trooper

Postby Robzula » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:06 pm

I don't remember where (I think it might be with those new pics of the Atlantis sets) but I saw the Ben 10 sets are the action figure style the those Knights that had the powers of animals or whatever. Those eventually got turned into System sets, however, so there's hope.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby jcasilla » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:24 am

Robzula, I know the pics you're talking about. I too hope there is a system line and not just the 'action figure' types. . . I guess we shall have to wait and see.
jcasilla

Postby RocketClone » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:39 pm

Ah the ben 10 freaks are rejoiceing ugh now where did i keep that batch of flash grenades? :lol:
(Insert funny sig later)
RocketClone

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes