Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Is Happening

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Is Happening

Postby Staff » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:05 am

JW2_DigitalTsr1Sheet_3FRM.indd

So I guess this is going to be a thing. I'm only posting this in hopes that LEGO will pick up the license. The Jurassic World sets were kinda hit and miss but I still love me some LEGO dinosaurs.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2017/06/22/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-is-happening/
Staff

Yay!

Postby sparkart » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:45 pm

I'm pretty sure the following video is pre-vis work for the next movie.

Who woulda thunk they'd go back to a guy in a monster suit?!
sparkart

Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Is Happening

Postby fallenangel327 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:45 am

It's obvious that they're preparing for their inevitable crossover with the Godzilla "cinematic universe" ... what have we done?
Supersonic wrote:nobody is going to see the differences between the Rebels and ESB AT-AT. Definitely not kids.
fallenangel327

Postby rodiziorobs » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:43 pm

"Fallen Kindgom" is a bad subtitle, full of all the pretense you'd expect from a direct-to-video sequel. They should have just kept it simple and gone with "Jurassic World II".

Some new sets would be nice, though. I still regret not getting more dinos last time around--specifically, a whole army of dilophosaurs for a sci-fi cavalry, with some trikes and t-rexes for good measure.

Although, if we were due for some sets next summer we would have heard some hard rumors about it by now, right?
See more on my Flickr page.
rodiziorobs

Postby Solo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:23 pm

fallenangel327 wrote:It's obvious that they're preparing for their inevitable crossover with the Godzilla "cinematic universe" ... what have we done?

Not gonna happen.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Gobi-1 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:40 pm

I would love to see a Jurassic Park line that cover the entire series. I want sets of the vehicles and characters from the other films as they appeared in the Lego Jurassic World video game.
Gobi-1

Postby fallenangel327 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:41 pm

Solo wrote:Not gonna happen.

I wasn't actually expecting that to happen - it was merely a joke about the recent proliferation of cinematic universes. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Supersonic wrote:nobody is going to see the differences between the Rebels and ESB AT-AT. Definitely not kids.
fallenangel327

This video is too long...

Postby sparkart » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:17 am

a bit too much and too long a setup because the punchline isn't really worth the buildup and wait, but here...

sparkart

Postby miro78 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:29 am

Gobi-1 wrote:I would love to see a Jurassic Park line that cover the entire series. I want sets of the vehicles and characters from the other films as they appeared in the Lego Jurassic World video game.

I agree. I think they would sell well enough to serve the nostalgia market. After all, now that they have the egg mold from the Angry Birds franchise, they would be a perfect fit for this theme (hint hint Lego if you are listening).

There was this popular 2014 Lego Ideas project which did not pass review.
https://ideas.lego.com/projects/e4ffeda ... 1cc8a0c5ee
The Jurassic World sets were released in 2015. Perhaps they thought the two would compete or confuse buyers. Now that they have sales data for the Jurassic World theme, they may be swayed to throw out a nostalgic set or two. Who knows.
miro78

Return to Licensed Themes