Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Rock Band...CONFIRMED!

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: LEGO Rock Band...CONFIRMED!

Postby Brickwright » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:13 pm

Tycho from Penny Arcade wrote:Lego Rock Band isn't something I understood initially; I needed help to do so. I like Legos, and I like Rock, and certainly I have no quarrel with bands - even so, I could not perceive their nexus.

I can readily deactivate my own capacity to offend, but the apparatus that determines what other people are offended by has never worked properly. My normal mode of operation is so coarse and vile that it constitutes a kind of psychic vampirism. I picked up a copy of Guitar Hero II as a Christmas present for a family I know, before the curve of the greater culture had swung toward the product, confident that I was exposing this clan to the very leading edge. Playing it myself at home, I began to wonder if The Donnas' "Take It Off" was the kind of thing they wanted their incredible daughter exposed to - exposure being virtually assured, had the song's dark prescription been allowed to take root.

No, as it turns out.

I think Gabriel essentially nailed it in our conversation yesterday, while discussing the strip: this product is not "for" us, the generalized us which most likely reads (or writes, for that matter) Penny Arcade. The press release is very clear on this point, because it incorporates the word "tween." It's the Kidz Bop version of Rock Band, and I don't want to give them ideas necessarily, but a Kidz Bop version of Rock Band would probably do really well. Even the gelded pop metal that finds its way onto your average Guitar Hero or Rock Band platter projects content many parents would find unsuitable. Guitar Praise is oriented to capture this contingent, but there's a tremendous amount of room for a comparatively "mild" musical gaming product software thing.

Lego Rock Band is a title for the young men and women who will inherit our pastime. Eventually, we'll come to understand that the universe is wide enough to contain ideas which do not pertain to us.

What hasn't been announced, but almost certainly will be, is the peripheral. I expect it to be slightly smaller than the current models, and be designed as though from Lego bricks. If it's got the pips on there, customizing your guitar with stickers will become a vulgar backwater practice, on par with snake handling.

I thought this was interesting, take from it what you will.
Brickwright

Postby liquidcross » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:15 am

More info:
Though we've known about Lego Rock Band -- more or less, that is -- since early this year, an Xbox.com listing for the game has revealed a few more tidbits to satiate our non-stop hunger for more info on the title. For starters, the game's progression has been revealed as incorporating the Lego theme with collectible Lego pieces that will allow you to, "build cooler vehicles and move to new venues." Furthermore, an extra easy (totally for babies) difficult setting has been added to the game for the ... ahem ... less than face-meltingly-advanced Rock Band-ers in our lives.

To add even more Lego flavor to the mix, the game will feature challenges that allow you to "destroy a giant robot, summon a storm, and demolish a skyscraper." One important bullet-point glaringly missing from all news on the game (and its Beatles-themed brethren, for that matter) is the ability to export the songs into Rock Band 2, a la Rock Band 1's tracks. We've put in a note to publisher MTV Games for clarification on this and will keep you updated if and when we hear more info.

(Source)
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Postby donneyboy » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:17 am

I am siding with many of you that this is a stupid idea, we already have Rock Band, Rock Band 2, Rock Band AC/DC Track Pack, Rock Band Track Pack, and Rock Band Track Pack Volume II, now Rock Band Lego, it is a stupid idea, and will sell at the most 1,000 copies.
Alexandra , sleeping sand, silent cloud, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Alexandra
Hum hum hum...calls me
So I sing a song of love for Alexandra, Alexandra, Alexandra
donneyboy

Postby 11Numb » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:29 am

Yes, it's a stupid idea, but that doesn't mean it won't make tons of money. The idea is incredibly profitable, and will sell great for the younger generation. Because, y'know, that is Lego's target audience (I think people sometimes forget that little fact).
11Numb

Postby donneyboy » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:36 pm

11Numb wrote:Yes, it's a stupid idea, but that doesn't mean it won't make tons of money. The idea is incredibly profitable, and will sell great for the younger generation. Because, y'know, that is Lego's target audience (I think people sometimes forget that little fact).

Ya, I forgot that lego is for children 5-12, so they will sell more in that age group, than teens, and adults.
Alexandra , sleeping sand, silent cloud, touch me
So I sing a song of love, Alexandra
Hum hum hum...calls me
So I sing a song of love for Alexandra, Alexandra, Alexandra
donneyboy

Postby rocksteady » Thu May 07, 2009 12:57 pm

I actually look forward to it. I rather have Lego expand to new opportunities other than just making Blocks. The Lego video games was wonderful, hopefully lego follows the same trend. I don't see a problem with 'Having more the merrier', but everyone has their own opinion.
rocksteady

Postby Jargon » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:12 am

Jargon

Postby Solo » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:11 pm

OMG, Final Countdown! XD Also, Ghostbusters theme... nice.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby theJudeAbides » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:57 pm

I hereby redact all previous statements about this game and issue the following new one: This game is now made of pure win.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Raequan » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:37 pm

My brain exploded after I saw You Give Love A Bad Name on that list.

LEGO + Bon Jovi = EPIC WIN
Raequan

Postby Robzula » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:29 pm

Wait... WHAT?! You guys were all having so much fun bashing this concept and now it's praise galour...

I guess I still have alot to learn about the internets...
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby banthafodder » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:48 pm

I've been holding off comments on this because I too thought it might be too much, but after seeing this list with Sum 41 and All American Rejects plus some of the classic stuff; it will be mine.
banthafodder

Postby theJudeAbides » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:50 am

Robzula wrote:Wait... WHAT?! You guys were all having so much fun bashing this concept and now it's praise galour...

It's simple. Long ago I swore a hypocritic oath. It allows me to change my opinion at any time, for any reason. It's really quite handy.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Darth Pityles » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:49 am

I wonder who'll be "Legofied" besides David Bowie, Iggy Pop, and Brian May.
Also, I don't recall Brian May ever wearing a cowboy hat.
For some reason, I always have a bad feeling about things.

It's Lego, not "legos"!

Nietzsche was obviously an alien.
Darth Pityles

Postby Jargon » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:11 pm

http://www.examiner.com/x-25487-Music-Video-Games-Examiner~y2009m10d15-Blur-and-possibly-Queen-will-appear-in-Lego-Rock-Band-with-Iggy-Pop--David-Bowie
I had not heard that Brian May was in this game. Apparently, however, Blur will be included and possibly Queen.
    - Aaron
Jargon

Postby banthafodder » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:48 pm

^Brian May is the guitarist for Queen.
banthafodder

Postby Andi » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:54 am

Would you buy that game for the DS? Or better for a 'big' console?
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Coret » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:59 am

I never understood the enjoyment of play the music games on a handheld, it just loses something in translation. I find it very fun to play the instruments.
Coret

Postby kuasina » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:49 am

Will rock band 1 instruments work with the rock band 2 game? I have rock band 1 and I don't want to buy a whole new set of instruments for rock band 2. Another question is can the rock band 2 instruments work with rock band 1?
Last edited by kuasina on Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
kuasina

Postby Coret » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:16 pm

Yes, all the instruments will work with the other versions of the games. All they are are glorified controllers. They also work with other games not Rock band. Do you have any idea how hard it is to beat Lego Star Wars with a Guitar? Now that is a challenge.
Coret

PreviousNext

Return to Licensed Themes