Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Chris Pratt Spills The Beans on LEGO Jurassic World

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Chris Pratt Spills The Beans on LEGO Jurassic World

Postby Staff » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:58 am

Chris Pratt, the voice of Emmet in The LEGO Movie and starring as Peter Quill in the Guardians of the Galaxy, will soon have a third movie under his belt with a LEGO tie in. According to this article posted on JurassicWorld.org, Chris was recently on an episode of the Empire Podcast where he was recorded saying the following:

three (…) I’ve just seen and approved the look for my character Owen from the Jurassic Park, er the Jurassic Park LEGO.

Could Chris have just generalized his likeness to a minifigure and threw out the term LEGO instead of Kre-o? It's quite possible but then again, with him being involved with the LEGO Movie, I'd like to think he wouldn't make that kind of mistake of confusing the two brands. The fine folks over at Brickfanatics say that Kre-o currently owns the Jurassic Park but state that the license expires at the end of the year, though they do not state their source on that fact. If the license does expire at the end of the year, it would pave the way for LEGO to launch their line up in support of the movie.

Other things to consider is that one of LEGO's earliest licenses after Star Wars was a short run of sets based on Jurassic Park III tied in with Studios theme, so it's not like it hasn't been done before. Also, LEGO does seem to enjoy dinosaurs as they are apt to release a dino-based theme every few years. Jurassic World is set to be released in theaters on June 12, 2015.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/08/03/chris-pratt-spills-the-beans-on-lego-jurassic-world/
Staff

Re: Chris Pratt Spills The Beans on LEGO Jurassic World

Postby Ultron32 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:21 pm

This is great news. Hopefully they'll have a few sets for the previous movies too, like they did with Pirates of the Caribbean.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby onions » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:31 pm

i just hope they make better dinosaurs. the last t-rex they made was pretty effin terrible.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby dWhisper » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:57 pm

Don't forget overpriced. That was the biggest knock on the last Dino sets... absurdly expensive for those terrible dinosaurs.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby MAH4546 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:54 am

No idea what the status of the license is, but Hasbro/Kre-O absolutely at least had the license.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/13/ ... assic-park
MAH4546

Postby Ultron32 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:57 am

dWhisper wrote:Don't forget overpriced. That was the biggest knock on the last Dino sets... absurdly expensive for those terrible dinosaurs.

I wonder if the large molds actually are that much more expensive. It would explain the price of that new Hobbit set too.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby Brainslugged » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:01 am

dWhisper wrote:Don't forget overpriced. That was the biggest knock on the last Dino sets... absurdly expensive for those terrible dinosaurs.

I thought the sets themselves were pretty crappy, but the dinos were great. I initially didn't like them because they didn't seem Lego enough for my taste, but they really grew on me - especially when I saw how much my toddler loved playing with them.
Brainslugged

Postby Joedward » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:19 pm

If this is true Pratt will join Alfred Molina as, I think, one of only two people to have Lego representations of three of their movie characters. Molina had Spiderman, Indiana Jones and Prince of Persia, Pratt's being far more obvious at this stage.

And I agree with you all about the kinds of dinosaurs we shouldn't be getting. It's really just wishful thinking at this stage, but I'd love ones like this and this.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Return to Licensed Themes