Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Angus MacLane's Wall•E Reaches 10k Supporters

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Angus MacLane's Wall•E Reaches 10k Supporters

Postby Staff » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:58 pm

Wall-E

I love me some Pixar movies, and I especially love me some Wall•E. Honestly, it's probably in my Top 3 Pixar films. I've been keeping an eye on Angus MacLane's Wall•E on LEGO Ideas back when Ideas was called CUUSOO and I am excited to share the news that it has finally reached the requisite 10,000 supporters! Angus has made several improvements to the model since the project started, dubbing the final version you see above as 3.0. A picture of the first version is below.

Wall-E 1.0

Given LEGO's relationship with Disney and Pixar, I honestly think this has a very high probability of being approved for release. And I CANNOT WAIT for it to hit store shelves.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/07/29/angus-maclanes-walle-reaches-10k-supporters/
Staff

Re: Angus MacLane's Wall•E Reaches 10k Supporters

Postby Solo » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:49 am

Only in the top 3? It's easily my favorite Pixar film.

My first thought was this looks like it would pair excellently with the UCS R2D2, but looking again it would be actually be significantly smaller than it ought to be to even call them close. Still neat though.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby dWhisper » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:55 am

Fourth for me... I'd put Incredibles, Up, and Finding Nemo above it, but that's just me. Wall-E has some emotional moments at the end, but nothing can compete with the pure gut-punch that Up gives you to open the film.

A wonderful build though, the best one up there. I'd actually run across it a few weeks ago when I was watching Wall-E with my daughter, and was thinking "now this would be an Ideas submission that would actually make sense."
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:07 am

Between Lego and Disney's existing relationship and Angus McClane's direct involvement with Pixar, I really hope this comes to fruition. Insta-buy for me.
The_Chosen_1

Postby onions » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:39 pm

Up, Wall•E, and, i can't decide the third. It would have to be a toss up between toy story 2, monsters inc, and, don't laugh, Cars. so i guess top 5?

Up, though, without a doubt, one of the best movies of this generation animated or live action.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby sparkart » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:55 am

There are so many of MacLane's models that I see, that, if there was a "buy" button next to it, it would be hit immediately. This model of Wall•E is no exception, but it IS exceptional.

If this is (hopefully) made into a LEGO set, does this give MacLane the record for most LEGO sets designed by someone that doesn't officially work at LEGO?
sparkart

Return to Licensed Themes