Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SDCC 2014 Mega Thread] Marvel Comics, Movies & TV

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Concept Art For Marvel's Avengers: Age Of Ultron & (the cursed) Ant Man

Postby Staff » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:21 am

EW1321-1322-Ultron

In anticipation of Marvel's big Hall H presentation at SDCC today, they've been trickling out teaser art for the upcoming Avengers sequel, Age of Ultron. Last week came the first image of the films namesake villain, Ultron and the last couple days have seen these eight teaser posters pop, two at a time to create one massive scene of the movies heroes being completely over run by Ultron drones.

AoU-Quicksilver-ab170avengers2-conceptartposter3-fullavengers-2-iron-man-ultron
avengers2-conceptartposter4-fullavengers-2-scarlet-witch-ultronAoU-Hawkeye-7516b

We just need Thor and the Hulk to complete this image, but the real stand out part is the inclusion of the floating caped Vision on Quicksilver's panel. Man, am I glad he's got the cape.

ultron-posters-completish-ac3bf

Meanwhile the Ant Man film that I now believe to be cursed released this concept art poster that shows Michael Douglas and Paul Rudd, looking suspiciously like Kurt Russell. The film just lost the three recently added villains, Patrick (Nite Owl) Wilson left due to scheduling and Matt Gerald and Kevin Weisman have also dropped out. Rumour is that they left due to the same creative differences that drove off the films original director, Edgar Wright.

Ant-Man-Comic-Con_612x942

You can expect more news as it breaks and as I get the time to post it in the next couple of days.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/07/26/concept-art-for-marvels-avengers-age-of-ultron-the-cursed-ant-man/
Staff

[SDCC] Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Adds Cast and Characters To Season 2

Postby Staff » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:57 am

140717shield-carter1-embed

The other day brought news of Lucy Lawless joining the cast in an unknown role which has now been confirmed to be agent Isabelle Hardley. It isn't known if this will just be a guest shot or a recurring character, but time will tell. Then the panel yesterday in Ballroom 20 at SDCC dropped even more teasers about the upcoming season. I'll let Agent Billy tell you who is going to be dropping in...

Yes, Mockingbird will be making an appearance this season. Does this mean Hawkeye could guest and give us a team-up?
Who knows...

Also, revealed in the panel was the casting of Nick Blood as mercenary Lance Hunter and the big bad for the season, Daniel Whitehall played by Reed Diamond.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/07/26/sdcc-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-adds-cast-and-characters-to-season-2/
Staff

Re: [SDCC 2014 Mega Thread] Marvel Comics, Movies & TV

Postby Iesous » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:27 am

The rumor about the two Antman actors leaving is exactly that: a wild rumor. They did not leave the project; their parts were written out. Please stop contributing to the misinformation.
Iesous

Postby MyrmidonX » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:30 am

And Patrick Wilson had a scheduling conflict. Maybe he found out the role of Dr. Strange was still available.;) Or DC and the Watchmen called him back.:D Regardless, I respect the guy's talents and would still like to see him 'crossover' into the Marvel Cinematic U. I have to wonder how greatly Edgar Wright's script is being rewritten, but I still have high hopes for this movie.
MyrmidonX

Re: Concept Art For Marvel's Avengers: Age Of Ultron & (the

Postby kitik » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:48 pm

"Matt Gerald and Kevin Weisman have also dropped out. Rumour is that they left due to the same creative differences that drove off the films original director, Edgar Wright."

No, their characters were cut from the most recent version of the script.
http://www.thewrap.com/ant-man-delay-fo ... s-to-exit/

Too bad, I like Kevin Weisman.
kitik

[SDCC] Age Of Ultron Posters Complete The Big Picture

Postby Staff » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:10 am

avengers-age-of-ultron-thor-posteravengers-age-of-ultron-hulk-poster

avengers-age-of-ultron-comic-con-14-poster-full-hd

The final two pieces of the puzzle complete the huge poster of Ultron's coming out party. The picture of Cap's cracked shield below (courtesy of SHH) shows this battle may not go as well as the first time the band got together.

capcrackedshield

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/07/28/sdcc-age-of-ultron-posters-complete-the-big-picture/
Staff

[SDCC] Guardians Of The Galaxy Get A Sequel in 2017

Postby Staff » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:59 am

collector-poster

Marvel's confidence is growing everyday. This time they've already announced the sequel to GotG a week before it hits theaters and it's the movie most considered to be their longshot. I personally can't wait and will be going opening weekend so expect a review early next week. James Gunn has confirmed he will write the screenplay and direct, but with a sequel due July 28th, 2017, they'll need something to keep the audiences warm for the next 3 years...

GOTG-Ronan-v1-0a324GOTG-Nebula-v1-55225

... so, they also confirmed the previously leaked animated series with a 60 second animation test at the con. There isn't much info on the show yet, but we'll update that as it pops up.

guardians-of-galaxy-cartoon

guardiansofthegalaxyyonduposter-5a39fGOTG-Korath-v1-79f37

Until then, you can enjoy these latest character posters and get hyped up for the film this weekend.

gotg-bus-shelter-nova-prime-v1-lg-3c7d7gotg-bus-shelter-corpsman-dey-v1-lg-6dcfe

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/07/28/sdcc-guardians-of-the-galaxy-get-a-sequel-in-2017/
Staff

Postby sparkart » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:22 pm

I know cap' s shield is only "nigh" indestructible, but it's an almost sacred object in Marvel Universe. Darn robots.
sparkart

Postby Ultron32 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:41 pm

Really is a shame that they're important enough for their own posters and yet we're not getting figures of Yondu, Korath, Nova Prime or especially the Collect- oh wait. Not to mention the elusive Mad God.
sparkart wrote:I know cap' s shield is only "nigh" indestructible, but it's an almost sacred object in Marvel Universe. Darn robots.

I believe Loki broke the shield too in Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes. I think for a while he had a hologram one from Tony but if I remember right he got a new one from another asgardian.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby rodiziorobs » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:50 pm

Ultron32 wrote:I believe Loki broke the shield too in Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes. I think for a while he had a hologram one from Tony but if I remember right he got a new one from another asgardian.

Actually it was the Black Panther who restored it, with vibranium from Wakanda's mines. (That was also the episode where the Vision was introduced).
I so wish they hadn't canceled EMH, it was the best series since BTAS, IMO. Now I've got to go back and watch them all again.
rodiziorobs

Postby buriedbybricks » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:59 pm

Cap's shield has been broken several times in the comics. However, it's more often used as a symbol on the cover that the poodoo has hit the fan in the issue. Otherwise known as duping comic fans that don't know better and temporarily raising sales.
buriedbybricks

Postby dWhisper » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:07 am

What? All of the ideas we're hearing about are totally original. Thor has never before lost Mjolnir and been judged unworthy of it (other than in the first movie where it was the central plot or all those times in the comics where someone else has had it... like that time it was Captain America)!
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Ultron32 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:57 am

rodiziorobs wrote:
Ultron32 wrote:I believe Loki broke the shield too in Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes. I think for a while he had a hologram one from Tony but if I remember right he got a new one from another asgardian.

Actually it was the Black Panther who restored it, with vibranium from Wakanda's mines. (That was also the episode where the Vision was introduced).
I so wish they hadn't canceled EMH, it was the best series since BTAS, IMO. Now I've got to go back and watch them all again.

Ah yea, I remember now. That was a great show.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Return to Licensed Themes