Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SDCC 2014 Mega Thread] LEGO Exclusive Figures, Sets & More!

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

[SDCC 2014 Mega Thread] LEGO Exclusive Figures, Sets & More!

Postby Staff » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:49 am

It all started with Rocket Raccoon...

Earlier today, the Wall street Journal revealed LEGO's retail exclusive for the 2014 San Diego Comic Con, Rocket Raccoon's Warbird from Guardians of the Galaxy. The set looks to be a mini version of his ship. Without seeing the back, it's hard to tell if it's done in the same style as the chibi-style ships like previous years' retail exclusives (there could be a set of handlebars a la Darth Maul's cave racer) or if it's just a MINI ship. Rocket Raccoon does feature a new set of threads though so there's that. The minifig giveaways, if any, have yet to be revealed.

Rocket's Warbird has 145 pieces, a new suit for Raccoon and will cost you $39.99. Yawns are free. The 2014 San Diego Comic Con kicks off next week starting with Preview Night on Wednesday July 23rd.
Staff

Re: [SDCC] LEGO Comic Con Exclusive Rocket Raccoon's Warbird

Postby R8-C2 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:04 pm

Darn, I wanted that fig. Too bad I wont be going.
I am Groot. WE are Groot
R8-C2

Postby Nicknak » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:28 pm

So LEGO releases one of the main characters in the suit that matches all the other Guardians of the Galaxy only in a set that almost no one will have the chance to get? Brilliant LEGO, just brilliant. And I thought this was one subtheme I'd be able to collect all of. Oh well...
Nicknak

Postby sparkart » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:18 pm

Is this ship really in the movie? I've only seen photos of toys, but they portray rocket's ship as a kinda mix between the Milano and a Babylon 5 Starfury, or x-wing, and i like these depictions more. The flying wing looks very cool, but i think i prefer the spaciness and fancifulness of a x-winged ship more.
sparkart

Postby etcknight » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:54 pm

Yawn . . . ;)
etcknight

Postby Ultron32 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:37 pm

Hopefully either a) they are released in a high enough quantity that it will be available (fairly) inexpensively in the aftermarket or b) they pull an Azog and Rockets suit is available elsewhere later. I really wish they had switched the availability of the suits, his matching outfit would have made more sense in the sets, even if that particular scene had his orange suit. Would not have minded missing it quite as much then.
Is it possible that they could make a larger version of this ship later, including the same figure?
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby rifflestein » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:05 pm

Ultron32 wrote:Hopefully either a) they are released in a high enough quantity that it will be available (fairly) inexpensively in the aftermarket or b) they pull an Azog and Rockets suit is available elsewhere later. I really wish they had switched the availability of the suits, his matching outfit would have made more sense in the sets, even if that particular scene had his orange suit. Would not have minded missing it quite as much then.
Is it possible that they could make a larger version of this ship later, including the same figure?

Remembering that Azog hing made me smile. That was such a hilarious slap in the face to the collectors and resellers.

As for this one, I don't we'll be getting it anywhere else. These sets are only to tie in with the movie, so it's highly unlikely they'll do a second wave. There's no reason to put out more sets once the movie's out of theatres. The only way I could see him getting released again would be either a keychain or packaged with the DVD/Blu-ray release of the movie, although I still don't see either of them happening.

But yeah, this one in particular is a little aggravating.
rifflestein

Postby SonOfSolo » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:01 pm

This will more than likely be way easier to get than the Azog. If it's one of the 2 sets they sell at the shop then chances are good that most people who want them will get them if you are there early in the morning. It's the "raffle figures"(for lack of a better term) that were the hard ones to get last year. Too many people fighting in line to get badges scanned. Hopefully they have figured out a new method for "a more civilized age".
SonOfSolo

Postby etcknight » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:25 pm

Each year there's usually something at some booth that makes me wish I was at SDCC. Surprisingly, so far this year there hasn't been any Must-Have items that have jumped out at me. With SDCC starting next week, will anything materialize?!
etcknight

Postby murphquake » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:43 am

i have a feeling that rocket fits on the ship, chibi style like the 4 star wars ships before the microfighters. Unlike all the SW figs who needed 2x2 studs to sit on, he only needs 1x2 since stubby legs don't bend
murphquake

Postby Spartan4845 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:24 am

It looks like the "Warbird" is a Recolored and Chibi Milano
Spartan4845

[SDCC] LEGO Comic Con Exclusives Revealed - Guardians of the Galaxy's The Collector, Classic TV Batmobile, and Star Wars Ghost Starship

Postby Staff » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:24 pm

The-Collector

Once again, the Wall Street Journal is the place to be for they have spilled the beans partially on LEGO's offerings for this year's San Diego Comic Con. Pictured above is The Collector from the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy film. He is the first of four minifigures to be given away at SDCC and so far the only one to be revealed.

And that's not all. The last paragraph of the article states the following:

The two other Lego sets that will be sold at the Lego booth are of a Batmobile from the classic television series, and of the Ghost starship from “Star Wars.” Each is priced at $39.99 and Lego will sell 1000 of each set during the show, capped at 250 per day

Oh. My. Freakin'. God. A classic tv series LEGO Batmobile would make my head explode. Based on the price point, it is feasible that it could be a regular set since the Ecto-1 and DeLorean sets were priced about the same. But looking at the LEGO Rocket Raccoon's Warbird announcement from yesterday which features a mini ship at the same price, I'm left wondering. I can only hope that the Batmobile is regular sized but we'll find out next week.

The article also shows off a lifesized Rocket Raccoon and Groot statue made out of Megabloks just kidding LEGO.

I have to go catch my breath now.

via Tohst via PepaQuin
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/07/17/sdcc-lego-comic-con-exclusives-revealed-guardians-of-the-galaxys-the-collector-classic-tv-batmobile-and-star-wars-ghost-starship/
Staff

[SDCC] LEGO Stay Puft Marshmallow Man Statue to Debut at Comic Con

Postby Staff » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:37 pm

LEGO Stay Puft_4271

LEGO sent over some more assets of what's in store for fans hitting up the their booth at next week's Comic Con. Namely the LEGO statue of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters.

LEGO Stay Puft_4275 LEGO Stay Puft_4276

Stay Puft is made up 2,654 bricks and took over 60 hours to make. His 25" tall, 19" wide and weighs about 18 lbs. They should totally sell this as a set. They also sent over a time-lapse video of Model Designers building Stay Puft:

Also, some more pictures of the Raccoon + Groot statue are below.

Raccon and Groot statue
GOTG_002-(1) GOTG_001-(1)

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/07/17/sdcc-lego-stay-puft-marshmallow-man-statue-to-debut-at-comic-con/
Staff

[SDCC] More LEGO Comic Con Exclusives Revealed: Ghost Ship, Unikitty? And an Upcoming Movie Set Revealed

Postby Staff » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:01 pm

Eagle-eyed contributor Tohst spotted this Yahoo! Movies article revealing a few more goodies in store for us attending San Diego Comic Con.

First up is a Unikitty whose face changes from "Cuteskitty" to "Cheerkitty" with a flick of a wrist. I'm guessing this Unikitty is bigger than the brick built one you get in a set, maybe about the same size as the awesome keychain light. That being said, I don't believe that it is one of the four exclusive minifigs that LEGO plans to give away and it is probably just an item for sale at the booth.

Next is a reveal for an upcoming set based The LEGO Movie coming out January 2015. It looks to be a small set featuring Batman, Angry Kitty, a Micromanager, and a skeleton. Hopefully this picture isn't cropped and hiding a gigantic model in the background somewhere because this would be a cheap way to get Angry Kitty even though she is a different design than the one that comes in Emmet’s Construct-o-Mech.

The second reveal is the Star Wars themed retail exclusive mentioned in my previous article, The Ghost ship. Retailing for $39.99 it features the R2 unit, Chopper. And being built in the same Chibi style as Rocket's Warbird, my hope of a full-sized TV series Batmobile is quickly diminishing. The Ghost, Batmobile, and Warbird all retail for $39.99 and are limited to 250 each per day of the con not including preview night.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/07/17/sdcc-more-lego-comic-con-exclusives-revealed-ghost-ship-unikitty-and-an-upcoming-movie-set-revealed/
Staff

Re: [SDCC] LEGO Comic Con Exclusives Revealed - Guardians of

Postby onions » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:06 pm

I wouldn't put too much weight on that. "exclusives" could mean exclusive news. i highly doubt they'll sell or giveaway 20 exclusive things.
onions
Damp Noodle

Re: [SDCC] More LEGO Comic Con Exclusives Revealed: Ghost Sh

Postby Solo » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:35 pm

The price for the exclusive chibi ships is laughable.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: [SDCC] LEGO Comic Con Exclusives Revealed - Guardians of

Postby R8-C2 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:57 pm

The 60's Batmobile was teased here: https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2805/1390 ... 53ba_z.jpg
It appears to be full scale, and hopefully it isn't exclusive to comic con.
I am Groot. WE are Groot
R8-C2

Re: [SDCC] More LEGO Comic Con Exclusives Revealed: Ghost Sh

Postby Ultron32 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:59 pm

Solo wrote:The price for the exclusive chibi ships is laughable.

It seemed worth it in 2012 when they gave the nice tins. And the exclusive Rocket makes that one worth it.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Re: [SDCC 2014 Mega Thread] LEGO Exclusive Sets, Figures & M

Postby SonOfSolo » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:14 pm

Looks like I'll pack my boxing gloves. Gotta have that collector. Too cool.
SonOfSolo

Next

Return to Licensed Themes