Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Ideas Reveals Peter's Exo Suit

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Ideas Reveals Peter's Exo Suit

Postby Staff » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:55 am

The video is AWESOME! LEGO Ideas blog revealed today the next set in the LEGO Ideas line up, #007 Exo Suit designed by Peter Reid. Not much information is available other than the suit being available for purchase in early August. It might be a safe assumption that you'll get two green classic space minifigures and a mecha turtle.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/07/04/lego-ideas-reveals-peters-exo-suit/
Staff

Re: LEGO Ideas Reveals Peter's Exo Suit

Postby gomek » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:48 pm

I've always wanted a green (as well as light gray and dark grey) classic space figures, so I couldn't be happier about this.

Sadly two of my prized Lego pieces are a pair of green air tanks that were (I believe) from a test run in the late eighties, early 90's. It will be interesting if they are indistinguishable from the ones in these sets.
gomek

Postby RfAurora » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:55 pm

I have to say, when I first saw the title, I thought it meant Peter Parker. I am excited to get this set, and I hope that one of the greens is a female minfig like in the short movie. As for the other Classic Space minifigs, I have a yellow I got from my sister when she got tired of LEGOs, and I have a Red that I found in the yard when I moved to this house. I'll finally get a blue when I get Benny's Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP.

Edit: After watching the movie the 2nd and 3rd times, I noticed that there were bio hazard containers made out of Yellow cylinders, and if you looked closely enough, they looked slightly bowed out in in the middle and narrower at the top and bottom. Not sure if this is how it was animated or if they are new pieces.
RfAurora

Postby onions » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:02 am

i want instructions for that docking bay
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby tekkamanraiden » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:14 am

That turned out really well.
tekkamanraiden

Postby sparkart » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:30 am

Wow, that yellow gantry really sets it off nicely, is it too much to hope it will be part of the set?
sparkart

Postby onions » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:53 am

sparkart wrote:Wow, that yellow gantry really sets it off nicely, is it too much to hope it will be part of the set?

oh is that what it's called? a gantry? you and your fancy wordsmithing..... it probaby won't be part of the set since the original cuusoo submission did not have it. i'm too lazy and far too uncreative to make my own so i'm hoping someone will make an instruction set for it.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Draykov » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:10 am

This is pretty great. I've heard rumor of a green Futuron figure that was never released and I would've settled for any Classic Space guys in any color in a dedicated set, but this is pretty fantastic. Green Classic Space figs...never thought I'd see the day. And the model itself is a pretty impressive interpretation of Pete's original. Also turtle. The elusive WIN/WIN/WIN.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Return to Licensed Themes