Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Gets Fourth Season And A New Voice

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Gets Fourth Season And A New Voice

Postby Staff » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:34 am

Tmnt-121-full-episode-16x9

Don't look so surprised, guys. Before season three even begins airing on Nickelodeon this fall, the announcement comes that they've ordered a 20 episode fourth season. Great news for fans of the hit Turtle comeback and hopefully great news for future sets based on the show. With the beginning of the third season, Seth Green will be taking over the voice duties of Leonardo from Jason Biggs. Now, I like Seth and think he's a funny guy, but he's hit a saturation point for me. He keeps popping up as a voice actor everywhere and in some cases, to the detriment of the show. I have a lot of issues with Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. She-Hulk's day job has been shifted from a lawyer to a stuntwoman (actually referred to as a walking green screen), the Hulk seems perfectly comfortable with his life and thoughts becoming a reality show, but the worst is Seth's characterization of Rick Jones aka A-Bomb. Terrible.

Still, I think the show is strong enough to make the transition and I hope Seth fills Jason's shoes as he goes off in search of new roles and, presumably, pies.

On the movie side of things, I still remain frigidly on the "Nnnnnnnnope" side of the fence and this latest picture of the Shredder and Splinter from the film continues to cement my position. The Silver Samurai suit from The Wolverine didn't look that over the top. However the film turns out, I've got another couple of years of the cartoon at least, so I'm good.

shredder-a4ce7

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/06/19/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-gets-fourth-season-and-a-new-voice/
Staff

Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Gets Fourth Season And A Ne

Postby dWhisper » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:55 am

The Silver Samurai at least fit the whole comic mojo. That's like the illegitimate child of Freddy Kruger and Edward Scissorhands wrapped up in bad cosplay armor.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby wyldjedi » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:39 am

It's like they combined Edward Scissor hands and transformers. Ugh!
wyldjedi

Postby Ultron32 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:27 pm

I'm not caught up on the show but I'm not confident about this voice change.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:01 am

Please do Leo justice. Biggs was really well casted as the voice. I can imagine Biggs other work and twitter fiascos or whatever caused them to go into a "safer" direction. He'll be missed!
Gooker1

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:50 am

Interesting. I agree that Seth is friggin annoying as A-Bomb (and don't get me started on the rest of the show) and yes, he's usually a funny guy, but he doesn't quite fit the role of the stern leader that Leo is supposed to be. But who knows, maybe he'll pull it off.

As for the movie, I'm not expecting anything good out of it either and I'm glad the cartoon will keep on going even if it bombs, although the Shredder's armor is actually the one thing I kinda like about the film. Yes, it's bulky and overly covered in blades, but also kind of intimidating and he's gonna need some over-the-top armor if he's going up against four mutant ninjas and their sensei. Just my humble opinion.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby Blake711 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:41 pm

Michael Bay continues to do unspeakable things with my childhood memories. I am a transformers purists G1 is it in my book. Still I gave him a chance and when I saw LIPS on prime I about lost my mind. Not to mention all the over the top sexuality added to a movie they are selling to kids along with all the toys. I don't want my small kids seeing that garbage. So just as he ruined Transformers he will now ruin TMNT.

As for Biggs leaving I really hate that its happening. I hate it more that Seth Rogan will be replacing him. I don't see this working very well. As for the carton I am a fan along with my wife and kids. Its a great show with only a few issues.
Blake711

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:14 pm

Blake711 wrote:As for Biggs leaving I really hate that its happening. I hate it more that Seth Rogan will be replacing him.

Wrong Seth. :lol:

Speaking of Seith Green, if you want to know what he sounds like when he is voicing a more serious, crime-fighting character, check out Phineas and Ferb. He voices Monty Monogram, the son of Major Monogram, the head of a spy organization, and had a fairly large role in the latest episode, Phineas & Ferb Save Summer. It makes it a bit easier imagining him voicing Leo, although the difference between his voice and Biggs' is still a bit jarring and is going to be hard to get used to.

Also, the latest episode of Robot Chicken had not one, but two TMNT sketches. Coincidence? Perhaps not. ;)

Oh, and as for future sets,
Spoiler: show
I REALLY hope that the Turtle-Mech Donnie was planning at the end of the last episode becomes a set! :D
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby Robzula » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:00 am

According to IMDb, Jason Biggs was already replaced in S2E18 "Pizza Face" by Dominic Catrambone. Even knowing this, going back and watching the five episodes he's now voiced, it's really hard to tell the difference. Wonder why they don't just keep this guy.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Return to Licensed Themes