Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Amazon Flexing Muscle re: Lego Movie Pre-Order

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Amazon Flexing Muscle re: Lego Movie Pre-Order

Postby jonutah » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:57 am

jonutah

Re: Amazon Flexing Muscle re: Lego Movie Pre-Order

Postby dWhisper » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:25 am

That explains why the Lego movie dropped off there, but has remained available everywhere else.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Amazon Plays Hardball With Warner

Postby Staff » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:32 am

sad-amazon

Soon after I had posted information on the release of The LEGO Movie: Everything Is Awesome Edition Blu-Ray/DVD/Ultraviolet combo pack from Amazon, they removed the ability for a customer to preorder the movie. I had thought they sold through their allocation from the distributor but now it seems that they are doing this for other Warner titles as well as a negotiating tactic. According to this New York Times article (via Gawker), this is an attempt by Amazon to gain leverage with suppliers. Warner isn't the only one affected by this strategy as Hachette Book Group, which is slated to release J.K. Rowling newest book, is also under the gun. This strategy seems a bit puzzling as Amazon risks losing sales and potentially customers to other venders.

If you haven't been able to pre-order The LEGO Move: Everything Is Awesome Edition with exclusive Vitruvius minifig from Amazon or Target (they seem to be sold out as well; either that or Amazon was their distributor), Walmart still has the movie available. Other places to pre-order include Best Buy ($34.99), Barnes&Noble ($41.99), and Kmart.

The LEGO Movie is scheduled to be released on disc on June 17th. It is also available digitally right now.

Hat tip to jonutah from the forums.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/06/11/amazon-plays-hardball-with-warner/
Staff

Postby phoenixhawk » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:54 pm

Amazon's been doing that to a lot of outlets, as mentioned in the article; I would probably avoid shopping with them for the time being. Apparently they are also trying to start a war against paypal as well in favor of their own systems.
phoenixhawk

Postby onions » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:17 pm

haven't heard of the amazon/paypal war. i s'pose i'll go google it now.

in any case, i wouldn't mind an alternative to paypal in order to give them some competition. but as it stands now, i see paypal pretty entrenched in the online ecommerce payment sphere.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Trooper10 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:15 pm

Could it even be as big as the Net Neutrality fight that is going on in the background? Amazon is on the opposing side to TWC I believe...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLmK ... pbOEoRrHyU
...and yes I get my most trusted information only from satirical comedy news shows
Trooper10

Postby Clavius » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:38 pm

What if you managed to get a pre-order in before it was pulled from the site? Hoping they will still honor those.
Clavius

Postby onions » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:36 am

Clavius wrote:What if you managed to get a pre-order in before it was pulled from the site? Hoping they will still honor those.

i'm pretty sure you'll still get your movie. the article specifies pre-orders of certain movies, and not withholding delivery of them.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby csimian » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:06 pm

onions wrote:
Clavius wrote:What if you managed to get a pre-order in before it was pulled from the site? Hoping they will still honor those.

i'm pretty sure you'll still get your movie. the article specifies pre-orders of certain movies, and not withholding delivery of them.

I asked Amazon customer service about this. They confirmed I would still receive my pre-order. They even upgraded my shipping so I should receive it on the 17th!
csimian

Return to Licensed Themes