Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New LEGO Batman 3 Video Game Announced

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

New LEGO Batman 3 Video Game Announced

Postby Staff » Tue May 27, 2014 10:56 am

In hopes to one-up their rival, DC has decided to revisit their Batman franchise for a third game. Titled LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham, the game finds Batman along with the other members of the Justice League out in space to thwart the evil plans of Brainiac who is the main villain of this game. The trailer shows us Batman in a new space suit along with a new character never before seen in LEGO form, Cyborg. Wonder Woman is also in a new suit, and Green Lantern is there just to tease us. There are reportedly over 150 playable characters to be used/unlocked in the game with Batman and his various suits making up 127 out of the 150 characters. And I'm totally kidding about the Batman bit, but there will indeed be more than 150 DC Universe characters in the game.

Escapist magazine was on hand at a special pre-E3 reveal and gives us their first impression. One of the more interesting bits of information from that article is that the Justice League and Legion of Doom team up to go up against Brainiac, who is the main villain of the game for this chapter. Kotaku UK also put up an article describing their first impression with the game.

There are some stills out today as well, shown below, giving us a sneak peek at some of the other characters and new suits. The game is slated for this fall and will be available for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, 3DS, and PC. No word yet on the pre-order bonus figure to go with the game, but I secretly hope it's the washing machine version of Cyborg.

Official press release:

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games and The LEGO Group today announced LEGO® Batman 3: Beyond Gotham will be available beginning Fall 2014 for the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment systems, PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system, the Wii U system from Nintendo, Nintendo 3DS hand-held system, as well as for Windows PC.

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham is the next instalment to the blockbuster LEGO Batman: The Videogame and LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes videogames. To-date, LEGO videogame sales have reached more than 100 million units worldwide.

“Building on the incredibly successful LEGO Batman franchise, we are working to make LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham the ultimate super hero videogame this year for all ages,” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games. “The TT Games team is bringing LEGO Batman and an astounding amount of characters from the DC Comics universe to the next frontier with a new epic story, more gadgets and unexpected challenges.”

In LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham, the Caped Crusader joins forces with the super heroes of the DC Comics Universe and blasts off to outer space to stop the evil Brainiac from destroying Earth. Using the power of the Lantern Rings, Brainiac shrinks worlds to add to his twisted collection of miniature cities from across the universe. Now the greatest super heroes and the most cunning villains must unite and journey to different Lantern Worlds to collect the Lantern Rings and stop Brainiac before it’s too late.

Players will unlock more than 150 unique characters from the DC Comics universe, including members of the Justice League and LEGO big figures such as Killer Croc, Solomon Grundy and many more. Fans of all ages will be able to control their favorite heroes and villains with new gadgets and abilities. Brainiac’s mind controlling abilities and the power of the Lantern rings bring unexpected twists to the classic characters’ personalities.

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham also will allow players to explore iconic locations such as the Hall of Justice, the Batcave and the Justice League Watchtower. They will be able to access Batman’s training modules on the Bat Computer and take part in various challenges, battles and races.

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham is being developed by TT Games and will be published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/05/27/new-lego-batman-3-video-game-announced/
Staff

Re: New LEGO Batman 3 Video Game Announced

Postby dWhisper » Tue May 27, 2014 11:09 am

Sounds oddly similar to some of the plot points for DC Universe online, where it's basically "Everyone vs. Braniac"
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby batsamd » Tue May 27, 2014 12:32 pm

Was wondering when this was coming out since they ended Batman 2 with that clip of Brainiac. Like that the JL will have to team up with the Legion of Doom but wish they would stop the Batman focus.

I'll probably be pre-ordering this game because I'm sure there will be some exclusive figure to come with it. I was going to guess the space suit Batman, but since a Bat-rocket is mentioned, I'm assuming there will probably be a Bat-rocket set with space suit Batman, so not sure who the pre-order fig will be.

The pic of Batman and Robin in the Batcave appears to have the suit from Batman v Superman movie. Also noticed in the trailer Superman has the MoS, BvS (I'm assuming they won't change his outfit) and Wonder Woman is in her New 52 outfit.

Makes me glad I picked up another of the Power Armor Lex sets to get another classic Superman and Wonder Woman.

Also noticed in the Joker/Lex pick that Lex is wearing the armor of the LEGO Batman 2 pre-order fig but it has a new 1x1 round tile with the power armor insignia. Hope they don't re-issue him with the new tile because the only reason I pre-ordered LEGO Batman 2 was to get an exclusive power armor Lex.
batsamd

Postby dWhisper » Tue May 27, 2014 12:54 pm

This the box art that's been running around...

Course, if Lego wants to get all of the AFOL dollars, the pre-order bonus for this should be Green Lantern. Because even though I am just absolutely terrible at these games, I'd buy a copy for that.
dWhisper

Postby Ultron32 » Tue May 27, 2014 1:35 pm

I am PSYCHED for this. If it's as good as LMS it will be amazing.
And on the front of minifigs....unfortunately my best guess would be Space Batman. If not him Braniac would make sense, much as I want Green Lantern and Cyborg (plus that sweet new Wonder Woman)....
Side note, I really wish that Lexcorp 1x1 round tile came with the Lex Luthor promofig....
Side note #2, Cyborg was in Lego Batman 2 too....
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby gomek » Tue May 27, 2014 1:59 pm

I'm waiting for them to announce the exclusive figure will be Batman in a Green Lantern suit. And then confirm no actual Green Lantern will be produced.
gomek

Postby yauchunh » Tue May 27, 2014 4:34 pm

hall of justice?? justice league watch tower? Green lantern? cyborg? brainiac?

they better announce these as real sets soon.

i better not see another batman+joker/riddler/penguin set for the next wave.
yauchunh

Postby rifflestein » Tue May 27, 2014 6:03 pm

Huh. In the picture with Batman and Robin in the Batcave, Batman's mask looks more like Nite Owl than Batman.
rifflestein

Postby mjacobson » Tue May 27, 2014 10:10 pm

rifflestein wrote:Huh. In the picture with Batman and Robin in the Batcave, Batman's mask looks more like Nite Owl than Batman.

I'm thinking it's based on this:
Which can only mean one thing: Lego Predator!
mjacobson

Postby CaptainFordo » Wed May 28, 2014 5:19 am

Anyone commented on the fact that Batman looks to have a new cowl? Sans chin part and with what looks like shorter ears. I wonder if it's in preparation for the short-eared "Dawn of Justice" sets.
CaptainFordo

Postby yauchunh » Wed May 28, 2014 6:31 pm

CaptainFordo wrote:Anyone commented on the fact that Batman looks to have a new cowl? Sans chin part and with what looks like shorter ears. I wonder if it's in preparation for the short-eared "Dawn of Justice" sets.

yea looks like a new cowl. I do hope they would stop focusing all their resources on redesigning characters that have already been released and spent those resources on making ones that are not released yet.
yauchunh

The Suit Makes The Bat

Postby Staff » Fri May 30, 2014 7:39 pm

lego-batman3-beyond-gotham-costumes

LEGO followed up the announcement of Batman 3: Beyond Gotham with another stab at the not so old chestnut, we've quickly grown to love, pointing out that the bat does indeed have a sometimes wonderfully colourful wardrobe. If this is a sampling of the suits we'll get to play in the new game, that gives even more hope to getting the newly unveiled space batsuit as well as this sweet version of the Batman of Zur-En-Arrh. Since they are the only unproduced suits in the poster, it's not too unlikely.

A trip to Zur-En-Arrh fits with the theme of Brainiac shrinking worlds for his collection, he probably keeps the cities in his basement where no one can touch them. The video below is from DC All Access and gives a tiny bit of insight on the new game, it also drops a new villain who I'm assuming will be a big fig and mentions alternate suits or many characters, including one that will let Cyborg transform into... a washing machine. Yes please.

Via Neoape.com.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/05/30/the-suit-makes-the-bat/
Staff

Postby CaptainFordo » Sat May 31, 2014 5:53 am

batsamd wrote:Was wondering when this was coming out since they ended Batman 2 with that clip of Brainiac. Like that the JL will have to team up with the Legion of Doom but wish they would stop the Batman focus.

I'll probably be pre-ordering this game because I'm sure there will be some exclusive figure to come with it. I was going to guess the space suit Batman, but since a Bat-rocket is mentioned, I'm assuming there will probably be a Bat-rocket set with space suit Batman, so not sure who the pre-order fig will be.

The pic of Batman and Robin in the Batcave appears to have the suit from Batman v Superman movie. Also noticed in the trailer Superman has the MoS, BvS (I'm assuming they won't change his outfit) and Wonder Woman is in her New 52 outfit.

Makes me glad I picked up another of the Power Armor Lex sets to get another classic Superman and Wonder Woman.

Also noticed in the Joker/Lex pick that Lex is wearing the armor of the LEGO Batman 2 pre-order fig but it has a new 1x1 round tile with the power armor insignia. Hope they don't re-issue him with the new tile because the only reason I pre-ordered LEGO Batman 2 was to get an exclusive power armor Lex.

I'm fairly certain that Supes and that Batman screenshot you're talking about are both in New 52 attire. The bat logo isn't fat enough for BVS, and he's got completely grey legs (no black pants) and Superman is definitely New 52 (red belt)
CaptainFordo

Postby sparkart » Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:42 pm

mjacobson wrote:Which can only mean one thing: Lego Predator!

Yes! :lol:

ImageAliens Versus Predator by SPARKART!, on Flickr.

Which will lead to the inevitable Batman versus Predator versus Aliens versus Terminator versus Robocop. I can't wait.
sparkart

Re: The Suit Makes The Bat

Postby dWhisper » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:12 pm

I preferred Superman vs. Aliens. Still have those sitting in storage somewhere in my garage. Worth nothing, but fun to read.
dWhisper

Postby rushiosan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:20 pm

Why not simply call it "LEGO DC Super Heroes"? Without Batman in the title, it wouldn't sell I guess?
rushiosan

Postby sparkart » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:16 pm

'zactly. Joe and Jane public don't really care about DC or Marvel, they only know about the players, don't have an appreciation for the Universe to which the characters belong. I see a bunch of Batman T-shirts on the street - are they fans? Sure, but no one reads the comic-books. Heck, even I don't read the comic-books anymore, and I used to visit the comic-book store weekly.

I bet there are people out there over the age of 8, honestly wondering why there's not a Spiderman versus Batman movie, because, dang, that would be good. :facepalm:
sparkart

Postby dWhisper » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:04 am

Changing the name would mean that Lego would have to acknowledge that there are heroes in that universe other than Batman who would be more than capable of carrying a set.
dWhisper

LEGO Plastic Man Revealed for LEGO Batman 3 Gamestop Pre-order Bonus

Postby Staff » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:19 pm

Today, Comic Vine has revealed the retailer exclusive bonuses for LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham. To save you a click, here it is a in a nutshell:

• Gamestop will get the above-pictured Plastic Man.

• Everyone else gets something that sucks more than Plastic Man.

And that's all you really need to know. But if you're still interested in knowing what the others are getting:

Here's a link to LEGO Batman 3 on Gamestop. The game will be out on all current generation systems, including PS3 and XBox 360 but not for the Wii. Gamestop says the release date is 12/31/2014, but that is always subject to change.

Thanks go to Jason for the heads up.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/07/14/lego-plastic-man-revealed-for-lego-batman-3-gamestop-pre-order-bonus/
Staff

Re: LEGO Plastic Man Revealed for LEGO Batman 3 Gamestop Pre

Postby onions » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:49 pm

it probably should have been batman in one of his crazy suits but i'm not complaining. i'm sure plastic man fans are ecstatic over this... all three of them.
onions
Founder
Founder

Next

Return to Licensed Themes