Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Guardians Of The Galaxy Debut New Trailer & Poster

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Guardians Of The Galaxy Debut New Trailer & Poster

Postby Staff » Wed May 21, 2014 11:13 am

guardians-of-the-galaxy-poster-21

On the Marvel side of the geekquation, the second full length Trailer for Marvel's cosmic gamble, Guardians Of The Galaxy dropped a couple days ago while I was on vacation. I spent a whole day not 20 feet away from a huge GotG backdrop where you could be part of the line up and I forgot to go join the fun, but at least my son did.

This new trailer has more Rocket, more Groot and more vintage sound track then the first, but what do you think? I already couldn't want to go more.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/05/21/guardians-of-the-galaxy-debut-new-trailer-poster/
Staff

Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Debut New Trailer & Poster

Postby Gooker1 » Wed May 21, 2014 1:48 pm

I will be all over this movie. Looks sooo much more entertaining that ASM2
Gooker1

Postby Anomaly24 » Wed May 21, 2014 2:19 pm

Knowhere!
Anomaly24

Postby Avenged110 » Thu May 22, 2014 2:51 pm

I have a feeling I'm not going to enjoy this very much...
Avenged110

Postby hudbud2201 » Thu May 22, 2014 3:57 pm

I dunno...I feel like the only one who thinks this looks like the dumbest thing ever. The more I look at it, the less I want to go see it...
hudbud2201

Postby tekkamanraiden » Thu May 22, 2014 6:23 pm

I have a feeling I am going to enjoy this a lot.
tekkamanraiden

Postby dWhisper » Fri May 23, 2014 9:37 am

hudbud2201 wrote:I dunno...I feel like the only one who thinks this looks like the dumbest thing ever. The more I look at it, the less I want to go see it...

Avenged110 wrote:I have a feeling I'm not going to enjoy this very much...

I weep for you both...

Thus far, everything I've seen from this movie shows me that they've captured the whole dynamic of the Guardians of the Galaxy perfectly, and there's a chance that Chris Pratt as Star-lord could end as an RDJ as Tony Stark level of brilliance. It's an oddball property for the mainstream, but to be fair, everything else in the MCU was as well. People knew of the characters, but not on the level of Spidey or X-Men... yet now, Iron Man and the Avengers are the big dogs. That gives me hope that they're raising the awareness in the whole Cosmic line, and this movie could kick it off big.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby sparkart » Sat May 24, 2014 8:05 am

I'm a life-long geek, but even I had trouble buying into this when I first heard about it lo those many many months ago. It's out there and weird and esoteric, but if you are watching the Marvel movies, I think the production teams working on the movies are doing a good job of introducing the Marvel Universe to a movie-going public.

I understand that the painfully hip tone isn't for everyone, but there's probably something in the movie to like, because there's so much in it. When I was a kid, I remember reading nearly every comic book in the rack at the grocery store. Some I liked, some I didn't, but they all helped me to "get" the Marvel Universe, from the neighborhood superhero to the star-spanning space knight corps.

I really hope this movie succeeds, and allows the opportunity to see more interesting sci-fi projects.
sparkart

Postby Ultron32 » Sat May 24, 2014 11:35 am

I also knew virtually nothing of this super group before the movie announcement. As big of a supporter of everything MCU as I am, I'll admit I was skeptical. First trailer hit, looked pretty cool. This trailer has utterly renewed my faith and I am looking forward to it a whole lot. I agree with what dWhisper said about Pratt becoming the new RDJ. Also I think the last line in this trailer may be a nod to their doubters.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Second Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer Out Today

Postby Staff » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:05 am

Marvel UK posted the 2nd trailer (international trailer?) for The Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Looks oh so tasty, doesn't it? Now, I wanna outfit my Milano with lights...
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/06/17/second-guardians-of-the-galaxy-trailer-out-today/
Staff

Postby kibosh » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:11 pm

Count me among those that just don't get this one. Is it supposed to be a comedy?

It looks to be pretty big budget. I don't see this one making money at all.
Check out my daily Lego picture at alegoaday.com.
kibosh

Return to Licensed Themes