Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

71005 The Simpsons Revealed

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: 71005 The Simpsons Revealed

Postby dWhisper » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:06 pm

gomek wrote:Think about how crappy collecting Kenner Star Wars action figures would have been if you could only get figures in $20, $50 and $100 sets, and if at the end you had multiples of 10 figures just to get a complete set of anything. I can tell you the holidays would have been a lot more disappointing when I was a kid.

If you're a G.I. Joe collector, it's called The Collector's Club, and it's like paying $100 any only getting the * bleep * figure... no nice vehicle or set to go along with it.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Blacknight » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:58 pm

gomek wrote:Think about how crappy collecting Kenner Star Wars action figures would have been if you could only get figures in $20, $50 and $100 sets, and if at the end you had multiples of 10 figures just to get a complete set of anything. I can tell you the holidays would have been a lot more disappointing when I was a kid.

With Kenner/Hasbro Star Wars, all the sought after figures would be snatched up right away so you'd still be left not getting what you wanted for Christmas.
Blacknight

Postby Marty » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:42 am

Excellent!
My only beef with this lot is itchy & scratchy, we didn't need them, instead Comic book guy, Lenny, Carl or even Moe would have been except able. But who knows what's going happen. Maybe they might be popular enough for sets later on.

Marty
Marty

Postby gomek » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:06 am

Blacknight wrote: With Kenner/Hasbro Star Wars, all the sought after figures would be snatched up right away so you'd still be left not getting what you wanted for Christmas.

Yeah, fortunately (or unfortunately?) I'm old enough to remember when toy companies only under produced figures that they actually thought would be in lesser demand. Or they just couldn't keep up with demand all together. Toy companies all suck now a days, so if Lego can suck just a little bit less, that would be fantastic.

Truth be told I've been at Lego critical Mass for years, so small individual mini figs are perfect for me. Bring on Simpsons series 2. (Please no sets.)
gomek

Postby ufjason » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:42 am

I won't touch these unless they hit clearance. Have no intention of sending a message to Lego that they can charge this much for one minifigure. Voting with my wallet on this one. It's just milking the Simpsons brand with the CMF concept.

Now if they had building sets with the minifigures in them I'd possibly pay the regular inflated license set costs. In fact, they could make a modular building system with the comic shop, quicky mart, bar, police station, power plant, etc all connected by technic pins to create Springfield.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby plebeianprint » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:20 am

It's weird. I love Lego minifigs, and I still enjoy the Simpsons, yet I hate these figures. I'm not concerned with the price, but their designs seem very un-Lego. I think that's what I'm stuck on. I will definitely buy a loose doughnut or two, but outside of that: no thanks.

I've purchased 90% of the Lego minifigure line. It will be a relief to have three months in which I don't stand in the Lego row awkwardly fondling packages of kid's toys.
plebeianprint

The NEXT 16 Simpsons CMFs

Postby Trooper10 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:57 pm

My thoughts on the possible "next" 16 Simpsons collectible minifig. Any thoughts, ins, outs, yes, no, no way?
1. Smithers
2. Lenny
3. Carl
4. Moe
5. Barney
6. Rev Lovejoy
7. Skinner
8. Mrs Krabappel
9. Groundskeeper Willy
10. Mayor Quimby
11. Comic Book Guy
12. Patty
13. Selma
14. Sideshow Bob
15. Sideshow Mel
16. Otto man

Hon. Mentions
• Sgt Lou
• Officer Eddie
• Rod
• Todd
• Mrs Lovejoy
• Skinner's Mom
• McBain
• Kent Brockman
• Maude Flanders
Trooper10

Postby emmtwosix » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:52 pm

Pretty good second series, I'd say Brockman should be closer to the top of the next up list, maybe even kick Patty or Selma out in favor of him, and I'd add a few others to the wishlist:

• Dr. Hibberd
  • Professor Frink
  • Troy McClure
  • Fat Tony
  • "Bleeding Gums" Murphy
  • Snake
  • Disco Stu
  • Hans Moleman
  • Cletus
  • Radioactive Man
and if we're lucky

• Duffman
I imagine we'll be visiting different versions of some of the major characters, so in that case, I second the vote for Muumuu Homer and I'd like to add Bart as Fallout Boy, Mr. Plow Homer, and - since we're already through the looking glass even having Lego Simpsons minifigs - Guy Incognito, because hey, why not?

I feel like I'm missing some obvious ones here and I'm sure there are dozens of others that would make great minifigs. I'll have to go do more "research" ... wait, I've got it...how about Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker, just to blow everyone's minds.
emmtwosix

Postby garpike » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:58 pm

I would love to see a Radioactive Man figure, but I would be a bit concerned about the making a Comic Book Guy figure.
With the characters size I just don't think it would translate well to a minifigure, like someone said about the Chief Wiggum figure, it just doesn't look right.

Just my 2 cents though..

:)
garpike

Postby banthafodder » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:49 pm

Hi everybody,
The top of my want list for the next release would be Dr. Nick Rivera followed closely by Kang and Kodos.
banthafodder

Postby WillyWampa » Fri May 02, 2014 12:10 pm

After finding the Simpsons Minifigs at TRU yester and snagging a full set I got thinking about what others we need. Loving some of the suggestion already put foreward, but here are my top 16 for the hoped for series 2:
1 - Duff-Man
2 - Moe
3 - Hans Moleman
4 - Otto
5 - Smithers
6 - Groundskeeper Willie
7 - Sideshow Bob (comes with a rake)
8- Comic Book Guy
9 - Dr. Hibbard (comes with the x-ray of Homer's head showing the crayon)
10 - Principal Skinner
11&12 - Patty and Selma (1 could come with a clipboard driver exam and the other can have Jub-Jub the lizard)
13 - Mrs. Krabapple
14 - Professor Frink
15 - Martin Prince
16- Jimbo

There are actually enough characters to warrant a 3rd series which could include: Barney, Jasper, Rod and Todd Flanders, Reverand Lovejoy, Agnes Skinner, The Sea Captain, Bumble Bee Man, Mr.Teeny, Kent Brockman, Kearney, Sherri and Terri, Lenny, Karl, Dr. Nick, Lionel Hutz, Poochie, The Rich Texan, Cletus, Lunchlady Doris (or is it Dora?) Troy McLure, Sideshow Mel. I'm sure there are a number of others that I've missed, but this list covers the ones that are frequent characters. If you throw in making variants of the characters, ie Homer in a radiation suite, Bart wearing his red ball cap, Krusty in a tuxedo etc, there could be several more series of minifigs.
WillyWampa

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes