Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Team BTTF's Jules Verne Train Reaches 10,000 On CUUSOO

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Team BTTF's Jules Verne Train Reaches 10,000 On CUUSOO

Postby Staff » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:12 am

bttf train

Team BTTF has done it again over on CUUSOO, with this fully achieved entry based on the time travelling hover train from the final moments of Back to the Future III. This model and its figures were designed by team member Sakuretsu and I have to admit I've liked it since it was originally posted. Certainly not as iconic as the DeLorean, I think it will be a harder sell based on its size and how much more obscure it is within the franchise. It's always been a favourite of mine in the time travelling genre, but then again I'm a huge fan of The Time Tunnel and yet I don't think that would be a good idea for a LEGO set. If this set does get produced (and I think it has a far better chance then the PF UCS version) I would certainly consider getting it, but it isn't a sure thing for me like the DeLorean or Ecto-1 set and wouldn't be considered for permanent display like those two (as soon as I find just the right display cases... and get the Ecto-1). I find the look on the Verne fig's face is funny, considering what he's become known for over the years.

Good luck to Team BTTF on the next review and with luck we should hear something about this in the fall.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/02/27/team-bttfs-jules-verne-train-reaches-10000-on-cuusoo/
Staff

Re: Team BTTF's Jules Verne Train Reaches 10,000 On CUUSOO

Postby dWhisper » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:09 am

Would be a great set to commemorate the Cubs winning the world series next year. That and getting an Einstein to officially go with the set.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Re: Team BTTF's Jules Verne Train Reaches 10,000 On CUUSOO

Postby buriedbybricks » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:34 am

I think it would be doubtful to get any figs other then Doc and Clara in western outfits, but would love them to throw in a Clint Eastwood.
buriedbybricks

Return to Licensed Themes