Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Green Lantern's Light!

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Green Lantern's Light!

Postby Staff » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:27 am

12611988784_5076d95dbf_o

Fellow chat troll murphquake found this picture of a new Green Lantern keychain light on Entertainment Earth. Could this be a sign of a new fig on the horizon? A set we haven't yet seen or an upcoming exclusive poly to accompany the remainder of The LEGO Movie releases in June? Who knows, but first Martian Manhunter and now this glimmer of hope for a new GL.
In brightest day, indeed.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2014/02/18/green-lanterns-light/
Staff

Re: Green Lantern's Light!

Postby CaptainFordo » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:13 am

The lego movie used Ryan Reynolds suit so fingers xd for a DC set
CaptainFordo

Postby gomek » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:52 am

Yeah, I thought it was super crappy to feature the exclusive in the movie. I guess the film makers didn't get the memo that these 'toys' were only meant for people who attended SDCC. Or perhaps they are setting up for the sequel.

Of course, it's also set the stage for influx of Chinese knock-offs that are flooding ebay right now. I have yet to inspect one of those so I have no idea how close they got it. Since I don't think they are using Lego parts, may guess is you can tell pretty easily. But, of course the minute someone in the factory decides to run genuine Lego through Pad printers, I'm sure you will get a product indistinguishable from the real thing.

Anyway, hoping to finally get a GL figure. Can I take it the flash light is not mini-figure scale?
gomek

Postby wegj » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:12 pm

Now thats just mean, we finally get a green lantern and hes a flashlight, they could have at least made the light green.
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby CaptainFordo » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:21 pm

buriedbybricks wrote:They did, but they can't release that fig again without breaking their promise of it being exclusive. I'd be happy with a poly or a set.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'd be happy with anything, I was just hoping that it was leaning towards the likelihood of a DC set proper, especially since none were announced at ToyFair, there is the potential there.

They've never made a keyring of a minifig you couldn't get in its natural state have they?
CaptainFordo

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:27 pm

buriedbybricks wrote:They did, but they can't release that fig again without breaking their promise of it being exclusive. I'd be happy with a poly or a set.

I'd be happy with anything that I could realistically get my hands on without resorting to the secondary market. Which for me leaves out some likely scenarios, sadly, namely the polybag set (almost never see them around here, even the ones that are supposed to be "exclusives" for various stores) and the massively expensive set that has a number of cool minifigs tossed in as incentive.
Mister Ed

Return to Licensed Themes