Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Reveals 71006 The Simpsons House

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: LEGO Reveals 71006 The Simpsons House

Postby dWhisper » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:47 am

Simpsons never really was a kid's show, though it was popular when I was in middle school... but that was mostly because it was new. I remember a rule that we couldn't wear the "Underachiever and Proud" shirts that were so popular back then (it was the late 80s/early 90s, like you could even see our shirts with all of the glam rock hair), but actually never watched an episode back then, as we didn't have Fox where I lived (since Fox was the new, fledgeling network back then).

I started watching it steadily a few years later, in High School, but the thing back then is that this was the only animated show on in Prime Time. There wasn't Family Guy, Futurama hadn't been cancelled three times, no Archer, no Cartoon Network, so the popularity was a lot more widespread. It was just pervasive, and that's probably why so many of the early episodes resonated so clearly, because it lampooned popular culture and then was popular culture.

All of that being said, I don't know of any kids that watch it, certainly none in Lego's target market. Obviously, my personal opinion isn't fact, but yeah, based on the ratings slice, The Simpsons is basically just my generation's version of Dallas or Gunsmoke... the kind of thing that lasted forever but will end up being what I make my grandkids watch later in life.

The license could sort-of work if they aimed it at adults, but it'd take Lego doing things that I'm not sure they're willing to really do. One is take them out of the toy aisle, deal with boutique dealers and smaller shops, and make a set more mature. This set tells me that they're not ready to do it, given that it's so... Lego. The clamshell design, the system scale of the car, the modern-era-Simpsons lack of humor... these are things that go into kid-focused sets.

Nostalgia can do a whole lot of things to increase sales for adults, look at stuff like the Ewok Village or the UCS line, but I just don't see it working here.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Re: LEGO Reveals 71006 The Simpsons House

Postby lego the hutt » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:17 pm

The first images of the Homer from the CFM packs are out and he has wide open, non-sleepy eyes. Much better than the figure that comes in the house imho.

This is a good sign. :)

lego the hutt

First pic of Simpsons minifig series - Homer

Postby robskot » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:12 pm

So, this is from the Nuremberg toy convention apparently.

http://www.neoape.com/lego-homer-simpso ... iscovered/

So, I had the follow list of my 16 wants, but won't come true by the looks of things based on there being an apparent second Homer coming.

If there are only going to be 16, my picks...

1. Moe
2. Barny
3. Burns
4. Smithers
5. Skinner
6. Comic Book Guy
7. Apu
8. Milhouse
9. Krabappel
10. Nelson
11. Wiggum
12. Lenny
13. Carl
14. Grandpa
15. Krusty
16. Otto

I hope they do make more full sets, rather than just the rumor that the house is the only set...IE, it would be so easy for them to do Moe's Tavern and put Moe, Barney, Carl and Lenny in it.
robskot

Re: First pic of Simpsons minifig series - Homer

Postby lego the hutt » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:29 pm

robskot wrote:
If there are only going to be 16, my picks...

1. Moe
2. Barny
3. Burns
4. Smithers
5. Skinner
6. Comic Book Guy
7. Apu
8. Milhouse
9. Krabappel
10. Nelson
11. Wiggum
12. Lenny
13. Carl
14. Grandpa
15. Krusty
16. Otto

I hope they do make more full sets, rather than just the rumor that the house is the only set...IE, it would be so easy for them to do Moe's Tavern and put Moe, Barney, Carl and Lenny in it.

This info has been going around for awhile now, I posted this in another simpson's thread here a month ago but I'll post it again here.
We have been told of 9 of the 16...

"LEGO is set to release (much like the Olympic minifigures) a complete wave of blind-bag minifigures (series 13 to be precise), with 16 Simpsons characters to collect – including Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Apu, Chief Wiggum, Moe, Itchy and Scratchy and many more of the show’s iconic characters – which will be launched May 2014."

EDIT: the line before the above quote, as was sited by multiple reports,: "we have official word, from an insider at a special Fox/LEGO event, on just what the LEGO Simpsons range will entail…"

So according to the articles it is official
lego the hutt

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes