Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The LEGO Movie Wave 2 Sets Spoiled From Book

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

The LEGO Movie Wave 2 Sets Spoiled From Book

Postby Staff » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:52 am

The LEGO Movie Essential Guide

Now that I've somewhat recovered from our review blitz with one more still on my docket, a few more images have surfaced from a book already revealing some future LEGO Movie sets. The images popped up on imgur and are sourced from The LEGO Movie: The Essential Guide (Dk Essential Guides) which you can buy right now from Amazon and probably from your local bookstore assuming there are any of those left standing. We have four images to share with you but be forewarned: MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD!

The first set is the Police Gunship. So far, I just LOVE all of the police vehicles and will probably just collect those.

Police Dropship

The second set is Emmet's Construction Mech and this thing just looks massive. One giant set or two large sets that when put together provide you with an alt build of the mech? I guess we'll have to wait until the next wave to see them.

Emmet's Construction Mech

The next photo is a bit blurry, and the set it reveals is tiny, but you can still get a sense of size and scope of Metalbeard's Pirate Ship. Maybe as large and awesome as 10210 Imperial Flagship?

group shot

And lastly, this is the the huge spoiler you should be avoiding if you care about avoiding spoilers, but the big reveal set of the movie to make all the AFOLs as giddy as if they were a kid again is Benny's Spaceship. The sticker label marks this ship as LL929, which is one number after the last Classic Space set 928.

Benny's Spaceship

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/12/30/the-lego-movie-wave-2-sets-spoiled-from-book/
Staff

Re: The LEGO Movie Wave 2 Sets Spoiled From Book

Postby Sharpie Clone » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:16 am

Really like the looks of those 3 sets. The Classic Space one looks a bit overdone, but it is a really nice hat tip for us old fogies.
Sharpie Clone

Postby Solo » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:20 am

I actually like that the ship is overdone. As much as I prefer clean and sleek ships or really tightly greeblied ones like Peter Reid builds, this one is supposed to be built by Benny. He doesn't strike me as the kind of super meticulous builder that would make a clean looking ship.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby dWhisper » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:27 pm

The only thing I would have loved to see in the ship is maybe a more limited parts selection to match what was available back in the day. But I'm really not a Classic Space guy, and never owned more than a couple small space sets, so maybe some of them were crazy complex.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Zrath » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:40 pm

Spaceship! Spaceship! SPACESHIP! :D
Me want so bad!
Zrath

Postby MacLane » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:56 pm

I think this ship looks great. I hope it sells well and inspires a Classic Space revival. I wonder how much of the decoration is stickers vs. silk screened.
MacLane
Oh Chibi, You're So Fine You're So Fine You Blow My Mind, Hey Chibi! Hey Chibi!

Postby etcknight » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:35 pm

I agree - the Classic Space Theme is a nostalgic and welcome nod to all the AFOLs. Hopefully it will get more kids interested in this "oldie but goodie" theme. I don't mind the new parts use either. I especially like the X-wing windscreen in trans-yellow!
etcknight

Postby RfAurora » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:29 pm

If you look at the close-up of the one wingtip you can see of Benny's Spaceship, it almost looks like the wingtip comes off as a mini space pod.
RfAurora

Postby Solo » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:45 am

Yeah it looks like both wingtips have detachable miniships.

Also, the two things beneath the satellite dish that are labeled engines... those are totally retro space droids based on these guys:

Image
Solo

Postby Salsa Shark » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:50 am

Does anyone know when the second wave is coming out? I love the Police Gunship!
Salsa Shark

Postby gomek » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:29 pm

Please no stickers. Although to be honest, this is a must have either way. No stickers will let me love it just a little more.
gomek

Return to Licensed Themes