Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

First Look of Marvel's Minifigure Lineup For 2014

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

First Look of Marvel's Minifigure Lineup For 2014

Postby Staff » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Lego Marvel Superheroes set Pics!!!!

The above image popped up on antman3001's flickr stream the other day giving us the first official look at the Marvel Super Heroes sets for the January 2014 wave as well as the set names. It looks like most if not all of the sets are based on the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon that's currently airing on Disney XD. Of course the one fig I want, Purple Pants Hulk, is in the biggest set. No matter, I plan on getting them all anyway. January can't come around fast enough.

After taking a close look at the pic, it looks like two out of the five sets are coming out in March with the other three coming out in April. Looks like we'll have a bit longer to wait for these sets.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/12/09/first-look-of-marvels-minifigure-lineup-for-2014/
Staff

Re: First Look of Marvel's Minifigure Lineup For 2014

Postby unmovedmover » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:54 pm

I feel like I can safely pass on all the spiderman sets, but the other two are must grabs for me. Taskmaster, Falcon, and MODOK in one set? Heaven

I am surprised there are no winter soldier or X-men themed sets with those movies eminent. And if I make it to the end of 2014 without a Rocket Racoon minifig, I will be sad.
unmovedmover

Postby banthafodder » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:07 pm

It appears that Elektro has trans blue arms and head. OK TLG bring on some jedi ghosts!
banthafodder

Postby Iesous » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:11 pm

Regarding X-men sets, I think the lack is due to Marvel's (maybe just rumored) downplaying of the entire franchise. Supposedly they still have a good relationship with Sony (who pretty much owns Spider-man), but are on really bad terms with 20th Cent. Fox. It makes me really sad since X-men are my favorite.
Iesous

Postby dWhisper » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:15 pm

I can't repeat some of the words I used when describing my want for that MODOK figure, but it's just wonderful to finally see the same sort of bad-guy love show up in the Marvel line that the DC one has had (well, so long as you're Batman). We get a terrible Green Goblin, but beyond that, Electro and Doc Ock, Red Skull, Taskmaster, and MODOK give some much needed diversity.

Now all we need is for LEGO to create a CMF line with Marvel, and we can break out the Shut Up and Take My Money pictures...
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Trooper10 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:41 pm

Sooooo clearly I'm not a huge comic book fan, I mean I know what Bruce Wayne's big secret is...but who/what is a MODOK coz from appearance it looks like a reject from H.R. Pufnstuf...and not in a good way.
Trooper10

Postby banthafodder » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:45 pm

Trooper10 wrote:a reject from H.R. Pufnstuf.

Now that is dating yourself. So many memories. XD
banthafodder

Postby dWhisper » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:15 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MODOK

Basically an over-arching baddy for Captain America (and Hulk, Iron Man, the Avengers), and a old school fan favorite.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Trooper10 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:24 pm

banthafodder wrote:
Trooper10 wrote:a reject from H.R. Pufnstuf.

Now that is dating yourself. So many memories. XD

They use carbon to date me.... :lol:
Trooper10

Postby twentythree » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:06 am

I believe these images came from a dealer in Australia. If that is true, then the release dates are probably later for that region. This would mean these sets will probably be coming to the U.S. sooner (January?).
"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
"What I told you was true...from a certain point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi
"A lion, a witch, and a wardrobe walk into a bar...stop me if you've heard this one" - me
twentythree

Postby gforce43419 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:37 am

Hi, I'm a New Zealander and I received this catalogue 4 days ago with lego club, those release dates are for New Zealand & Australia retailers therefore (because sets are released 2 months later than the US :/) you will most likely receive the first 2 sets in January and the other Ultimate Spider-Man sets in February :)
gforce43419

Postby gomek » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:49 am

For me, this is a mix of wins and fails:

Wins:
Flacon in classic costume as opposed to unrecognizable movie tie-in
Powerman (which I believe is from the video game)
Red Skull (better late than never)
MODOK
Looks like mostly lower priced sets

Fails:
Unneeded 4th Dr. Oct
No helmet for new Thor (Total missed opportunity)
My excitement for the iceman figure in flushed down the toilet when I realize it’s supposed to be electro. (perhaps I missed something somewhere)
3 spider-mans, but no sider-woman or black suit spider-man. (SDCC be damned)
Still missing most of the classic spider-man villains (Kraven, Sandman, Green Goblin, Classic Electro)
No X-men
Overall better than the DC lineup which delivered very little. I will end up getting most of these if discounted. Nothing I need to have tomorrow.
gomek

Postby noveltynostalgia » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:44 am

MODOK! Need I say anything else?
noveltynostalgia

Postby Flynn » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:07 pm

gomek wrote:Still missing most of the classic spider-man villains (Kraven, Sandman, Green Goblin, Classic Electro)

That's the big ugly green thing.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Return to Licensed Themes