Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO The Hobbit Game for 2014

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO The Hobbit Game for 2014

Postby Staff » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:42 pm

lego-the-hobbit-video-game

Now tell me, who didn't see this coming? A lot of video game related sites are pointing to this post on All Games Beta as their source, even though AGB hasn't sourced the picture themselves, but Tohst assured me that there were advertisements like this included in the newer Hobbit sets. This game is coming on the heels of LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, so it has a lot to live up to and will probably be disappointing in the end.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/11/22/lego-hobbit-game-for-2014/
Staff

Re: LEGO The Hobbit Game for 2014

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:33 pm

I'll probably find it a bit aggravating if only because it seems HIGHLY likely that a lot of the stuff that will feature prominently in the game will be stuff that was added to the story just for the movies (and was silly at best, IMHO). So we'll have levels with a rabbit drawn sledge chase, and navigating on fighting giants, and (shudder) a running battle between Elves and barrel-riding dwarves.
Mister Ed

Postby Ultron32 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:21 pm

Yeah, I also don't find this news so amazing. I never picked up the LotR game (although I got it our from the library and tried a few levels), never found out it that interesting.
Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 and Lego Batman 3 next please? Then we can have Lego Star Wars IV with that next trilogy...and every other licensed theme that Lego makes...
I can dream, can't I?
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:28 pm

I'm probably looking forward to the game based on the LEGO Movie more than this one. (I don't recall if one has been announced, but it seems like a safe bet.)

Though I did enjoy the LEGO LotR game (for the most part. Some of the things I had to do to 100% it were aggravating in the extreme).
Mister Ed

Postby lego the hutt » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:53 pm

Why isn't anyone asking the important question? Will there be an exclusive minifig available with preorder?

I enjoyed the LotR game. All Lego games are just little games to pass the time and no one should get their expectations up. These are little console games, not some in depth Mmo that will supply years worth of content.

Perhaps a Thrain minifig exclusive?
lego the hutt

Postby Ultron32 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:18 am

Mister Ed wrote:I'm probably looking forward to the game based on the LEGO Movie more than this one. (I don't recall if one has been announced, but it seems like a safe bet.)

One has been. I am also looking forward to that more.

lego the hutt wrote:Why isn't anyone asking the important question? Will there be an exclusive minifig available with preorder?
Perhaps a Thrain minifig exclusive?

Good point...I wonder...Hhhmm...
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Return to Licensed Themes