Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Superdeforce!

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Superdeforce!

Postby wyldjedi » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:39 pm

The grump in me says this is yet another way for Lego to sell us new minifigures. Still, it does look cute though
wyldjedi

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:03 pm

Given how unremarkable the minifigs included are (at least to my eyes, none look terribly unique or special) I think it would seem odd if it was counting on the minifigs to sell them.
Mister Ed

Postby Draykov » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:59 am

There is definitely a unique pilot helmet and R2 dome, but yeah, that's really about all that is "unique" despite my initial claims to the contrary. That said, with the exception of Han Solo in the Falcon, the figures in these sets are ideal for army building if you're into that sort of thing (and, of course, if the price is right).
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby gomek » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:30 am

wyldjedi wrote:The grump in me says this is yet another way for Lego to sell us new minifigures. Still, it does look cute though

It's funny, my issue is usually that Lego doesn't want to sell me mini-figures. Really the only thing I don't want is for Lego to try and re-sell me figures I already have. I have high hopes for this series. I hope the X-wing outsells all the sets proving ancillary characters can in-deed be the featured figure in smaller sets.

I had high hopes for Planet series, until they started rehashing everything. Fleshie Lobot was a big plus though. Having to pay $20 for a European B-wing was just a little annoying, though I have a feeling I got off cheap compared to what others were paying in the us.
gomek

Postby Spencer Solo » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:00 pm

On the topic of the astromech, you could use the body from saeesee tiin's astromech.
" Try? Ha! Do or do not. There is no try."- Yoda
Spencer Solo

Postby Draykov » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:20 pm

Yeah, except that R3-D5 has that Clone Warsy look to him (see below compared to R4-P44). While the latter character's body might not be a good match with the dome from 75032 if you want a genuine R2-X2, it might make for a better looking generic astromech minifigure.

ImageImage
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:12 pm

Did anybody notice that on the back of the microfighters boxes there is an ad for a Lego Star Wars Microfighters app? Perhaps it will be one of those videogames where you can unlock playable characters/vehicles with the toys you buy? Maybe every set comes with a unique code that will let you pilot that vehicle in the game and fight against other people? I know TLG has been wanting to "blend the physical world of LEGO with the digital one" and are doing so with the Collectable Minifigures Online app, so it would make sense for them to do the same with Star Wars as well. If so, that would add another level of coolness to these sets and explain why they are called Microfighters!
Oky Wan Kenobi

Previous

Return to Star Wars