Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New Star Wars Cartoon coming in 2014: Rebels

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

New Star Wars Cartoon coming in 2014: Rebels

Postby Staff » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:16 pm

While Celebration Europe is teasing us with pictures of pink Snow Troopers and custom R2-KTs, Lucasfilm Animation has let it slip that the replacement for the "killed before its prime" Clone Wars cartoon will be Star Wars: Rebels.

rebels-logo-big

Based on the initial pictures, the new cartoon will be a whole lot less Clone Wars style and a whole lot more Ralph McQuarrie style. That is some awesome news.

rebels-concept1_lg

They're also leveraging a lot of the key talent that made the Clone Wars successful, so there's a decent chance that this could end up with similar success. Let's hope that it doesn't include the demonic-style faces, but does include some of the writing.

rebels-concept2_lg

I suppose the best news to come out of this is the steady stream of some OT-ish and EU sets that will be coming our way, starting next year. Hear's hoping we finally get an updated TIE Bomber!

You can read more about it, and check out some of the concept art leading up to it, on StarWars.com.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/07/28/new-star-wars-cartoon-coming-in-2014-rebels/
Staff

Re: New Star Wars Cartoon coming in 2014: Rebels

Postby SDIronClaw » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:31 am

Sweet, cant not wait for it!
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby CloneDoc » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:44 pm

It's going to take forever for the year to pass!
CloneDoc

Postby Spencer Solo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:40 am

From some of the other pictures, it looks like it will be very Mcquarrie-esque. I dig it. Wow. Just noticed that that was already said :facepalm: sorry.
Last edited by Spencer Solo on Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" Try? Ha! Do or do not. There is no try."- Yoda
Favorite my Photos!:[flickr=]http://www.flickr.com/photos/96452956@N02/[/flickr]
Spencer Solo

Postby Solo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:56 pm

Based on the initial pictures, the new cartoon will be a whole lot less Clone Wars style and a whole lot more Ralph McQuarrie style. That is some awesome news.

Oh my. Oh yes.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to Star Wars