Earn Double the VIP Points on everly shop.LEGO.com purchase!  Valid April 1-15, 2014.

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SDCC] LEGO Star Wars and LEGO Hobbit Retail Exclusives Revealed, BTTF For Sale

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

[SDCC] LEGO Star Wars and LEGO Hobbit Retail Exclusives Revealed, BTTF For Sale

Postby Staff » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:50 pm

sw hobbit

On sale starting today are not one but TWO retail exclusives that you can purchase only at the LEGO booth during the con.

The LEGO Star Wars exclusive is Jek-14 MINI Stealth Starfighter. Following cues from last year's convention specials, the MINI Stealth Starfighter has a chibi aesthetic to it from its miniature form with its exposed cockpit and seated pilot lending to the exaggerated "head" size. The price for this set is $39.99 and will net you 105 pieces.

The Hobbit exclusive is Micro Scale Bag End. The set seems to include Bilbo Baggins in the same neat collectible packaging style as the Star Wars exclusive. The price for this set is also $39.99 and will get you 130 pieces.

We'll be providing reviews as soon as we get our hands on the sets.

Also, the booth is selling the 21103 Back to the Future Time Machine set. This is not an exclusive, there is nothing special about this version. This is the same version you get if you were to buy it elsewhere. Price is $34.99
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/07/17/sdcc-lego-star-wars-and-lego-hobbit-retail-exclusives-revealed/
Staff

Re: [SDCC] LEGO Star Wars and LEGO Hobbit Retail Exclusives

Postby hobbie » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:56 pm

Oh, man, I want that Hobbit set so bad. What kind of markup should I expect to see on eBay?
hobbie

Postby rushiosan » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:23 pm

Price per piece is floating around US$ 0,30 for Comic-con exclusives *sigh*. They sound like some freaking inflated polybags to me. If you're not a merchanter and just want the figures, it would be cheaper to get one of the official sets (75018 or 79003), at least you end up with extra 400-500 pieces and a couple more figures.
rushiosan

Postby jomandybri » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:12 pm

I'm guessing from the slightly rounded edge on the boxes that they're in tins?
May the mass times acceleration be with you!
jomandybri

Postby crewser » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:41 am

hobbie wrote:Oh, man, I want that Hobbit set so bad. What kind of markup should I expect to see on eBay?

The 2 SDCC micro-sets are already available on eBay. As is the new CUUSOO BTTF Delorean. All 3 are at very inflated prices. Time will tell how much the price will settle down as more go up for auction.
crewser

Postby nyjpapi » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:43 am

Anyone going to SDCC, could you pick me up one of the Jek-14 MINI Stealth Starfighters?
nyjpapi

Postby hobbie » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:25 am

Ugh, looks like it's going to be at least $100 for the Hobbit sets on eBay.
hobbie

Postby murphquake » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:17 pm

I'm in the same boat with nyjpapi i'd love to get one of those... not much interest in the bag end unless it's at the retail price and even then not much, but i would like to see the instructions and build it
murphquake

Postby mr_joshua » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:43 pm

I was totally bummed that I couldn't make it this year, but not anymore.....the 'cans' last year were already kinda sad.

Thanks for the pictures guys, helps me make my decision on what NOT to buy...
mr_joshua

Return to Star Wars