Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Phase ii helmets disappearance

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Phase ii helmets disappearance

Postby Spencer Solo » Thu May 23, 2013 2:53 pm

So where did the phase ii helmets go? In the leaked photos from the summer I didn't see any minifigs with the helmet other than JEK-14. Is there a reason for that? Were they just trying out the piece? I'm confused.
Last edited by Spencer Solo on Sat May 25, 2013 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
" Try? Ha! Do or do not. There is no try."- Yoda
Favorite my Photos!:[flickr=]http://www.flickr.com/photos/96452956@N02/[/flickr]
Spencer Solo

Re: Phase ii helmets

Postby Drock » Fri May 24, 2013 8:54 am

The Tank Droid, Spider Droid, AT-TE, and Gunship are based on Attack of the Clones, so the clones should/do have Phase I helmets.
Drock

Postby Spencer Solo » Fri May 24, 2013 2:47 pm

Yes, but where are the phase 2 helmets?
Favorite my Photos!:[flickr=]http://www.flickr.com/photos/96452956@N02/[/flickr]
Spencer Solo

Postby Spencer Solo » Fri May 24, 2013 2:50 pm

Did they not make any sets involving the phase 2 on purpose? Or did they just get lazy?
Spencer Solo

Re: Phase ii helmets disappearance

Postby DanBinks » Sat May 25, 2013 9:41 am

I think they were trying to focus on the 3D release of Attack of the Clones that was originally planed for this year.
DanBinks

Postby CloneEmperor » Sat May 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Not having an "in" with LEGO's marketing group, I would say that this^ is the most likely reason. With the release of Episode 2 in 3D originally scheduled for this fall, LEGO went all in to take advantage of the movie on the big screen. With Disney pulling the release, LEGO was kinda left high and dry.
CloneEmperor

Postby GIR3691 » Mon May 27, 2013 1:08 pm

You guys sound like LEGO is contractually obligated to make Phase II helmeted clones with every wave.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby emmtwosix » Mon May 27, 2013 7:20 pm

They were probably planning to make quite a few with the first or second wave of 2014 sets to coincide with the Ep.III re-release, but since that got pushed forward to this year, and then postponed indefinitely (if not altogether canceled) Lego may be changing the sets that get released. If you want to blame anyone, I suppose you could blame Disney. Hopefully it was such a late change that Lego releases any Ep.III sets they had in the design phase anyway.

But really, by my count there have only ever been 9 sets released with proper Phase II helmets, and 3 of those 9 were released this year, so this has been somewhat of a banner year for them already. They'll make more eventually, but they're most likely to release a certain type of set in large numbers if it coincides with the release of something or some ongoing project.
emmtwosix

Return to Star Wars