Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

75025 Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser PICS

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

75025 Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser PICS

Postby DarthBuilder » Thu May 09, 2013 11:40 am

Found new images for 75025 Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser.

I think the new Minifigs look great.
DarthBuilder

Re: 75025 Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser PICS

Postby naugem » Thu May 09, 2013 3:12 pm

Yes, those minifigs look good, and the ship looks fine too, but there are some cooler sets coming this summer, so this one will have to get in line, and probably hope that the winter wave is weak to have a chance.
naugem

Postby HJR » Fri May 10, 2013 9:27 am

Seriously, how is it possible that a Star-Wars related LEGO website is unable to get news over the new Jedi Defender-Class Cruiser, set 75025 out on it's front page, but instead still shows a picture of a Batmobile?

Shame on you FBTB, shame.on.you!
HJR

Postby Brainslugged » Wed May 15, 2013 8:20 am

HJR wrote:Shame on you FBTB, shame.on.you!

That seems a little harsh.

That ship looks great. I just wish it didn't have that particular type of big wheel for the jets. I have a real aversion to those wheels in general as they just seem like a cheap shortcut instead of using proper wheels. If it wasn't for those wheels, I'd have already bought the Galaxy Squad Space Vermin Vaporizer but the wheels but I just can't quite pull the trigger on it.
Brainslugged

Postby FirstCircle » Wed May 15, 2013 11:40 am

Well, there you go HJR. You shamed FBTB to putting it on the front page.

Brainslugged wrote:That ship looks great. I just wish it didn't have that particular type of big wheel for the jets. I have a real aversion to those wheels in general as they just seem like a cheap shortcut instead of using proper wheels.

I actually like the use of all types of wheels. Anything that recontexualizes pieces is great in my book. I'd rather see that than another new mold, piece, etc. I think it fits just fine on this model.

It's kind of a weird ship though. The fore and aft looks like they should be switched (maybe that is because of the trans blue bars in the front, which on official LEGO models usually denotes energy emission, as if from an engine, and it appears to have trans blue 2x2 circular bricks in the aft engines... kinda goofy). The figs are so-so.

For me, the only moderately exciting Old Republic set for me is 9500 Sith Fury-class Interceptor.
My BrickLink store, Jabberwocky's Emporium.
FirstCircle

Postby maedhros1980 » Wed May 15, 2013 11:56 am

Nice looking ship. Does anyone know if any KOTOR characters or ship (Ebon Hawk) on in the TOR game?
maedhros1980

Postby dman7529 » Thu May 16, 2013 6:07 am

maedhros1980 wrote:Nice looking ship. Does anyone know if any KOTOR characters or ship (Ebon Hawk) on in the TOR game?

yes and no. most of the main characters, Bastilla, Revan and Malak are dead, as SWTOR takes place about 300 years after the events of KOTOR. that being said, theres a quest line to get an HK-57 assassin droid companion, on Dromund Kaas theres a quest line with some Revanites (followers of Revan), on Taris there is wreckage of the Endar Spire, and probably some more I'm leaving out.

I like that Lego is also doing this ship, to go along with the Sith Fury Interceptor. Its good to see that its similar to the Defender Glen Bricker put up on CUUSOO, even if the included figures are different.

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/11084
dman7529

Postby combattank » Thu May 16, 2013 4:53 pm

It would be pretty awesome if they released minifigures of the main characters from the original Kotor.

On another note, is it just me or does this ship look really similar to a Terran Battle Cruiser from Star Craft? The back is a bit different, but from a far it kind of has the overall look.
combattank

Postby Faefrost » Thu May 16, 2013 5:53 pm

dman7529 wrote:
maedhros1980 wrote:Nice looking ship. Does anyone know if any KOTOR characters or ship (Ebon Hawk) on in the TOR game?

yes and no. most of the main characters, Bastilla, Revan and Malak are dead, as SWTOR takes place about 300 years after the events of KOTOR. that being said, theres a quest line to get an HK-57 assassin droid companion, on Dromund Kaas theres a quest line with some Revanites (followers of Revan), on Taris there is wreckage of the Endar Spire, and probably some more I'm leaving out.

I like that Lego is also doing this ship, to go along with the Sith Fury Interceptor. Its good to see that its similar to the Defender Glen Bricker put up on CUUSOO, even if the included figures are different.

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/11084

Satille Shan, the Jedi from the Republic Striker set is the descendant of Bastilla. There are a lot of references to the original games. Revan and HK-47 both show up as NPC's eventually. There were also rumors that there was supposed to be a way to gain HK-47 as a player NPC'S companion, but last time I played that had not yet been patched in.
Faefrost

Return to Star Wars