Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO 10227 - Your Mods?

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

LEGO 10227 - Your Mods?

Postby Haderach1976 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:05 am

Hello Folks,

I took advantage of the 50% discount on 10227 this weekend. Overall, I think it's a great set, it looks amazing, especially for the price. That said, some of the issues that have been reported multiple times are things I'd like to attempt to fix over time. I'm just curious if anyone out there has made any successful modifications to the set, and if so, can you kindly share?

Here are some of the top things that come to mind (and are well documented by many online).

- Rear area of the cockpit - attaches with 2x2 plate and is very prone to falling off. It appears that if part # 4538721 (http://www.brickset.com/parts/?part=4538721) was longer it would do the trick. Has anyone more securely fastened the rear of the cockpit?

- The lower gun pod also attaches just using studs and could really benefit from something more secure (pins maybe). Any gun pod mods to share?

- The gaps between the smooth "hull" pieces above and below the engines is disappointing. This seems like a really hard one to fix, anyone found a solution?

- Lastly, any stand mods?

Well, that's, thanks for reading.
Haderach1976

Re: LEGO 10227 - Your Mods?

Postby grond245 » Fri May 17, 2013 3:49 pm

I took advantage of the same deal for this set. For the rear of the cockpit, I inserted the rod beneath the top tan cylinder and used one of the extra brown studs to attach the dish part. I've had no problems since.
Last edited by grond245 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grond245

Postby grond245 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:07 pm

Alright, I did some more tinkering. I didn't like TLC's cockpit solution, so I worked out my own. I went the route of the UCS Falcon, just building the support spars and leaving it open-air. I realize that some people find that method unattractive, but I really like it, both here and on the Falcon.
Here is my source material: http://www.theforce.net/swtc/exhibit/bwing.html
grond245

Postby banthafodder » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:40 pm

I was thinking about doing the same thing with mine (once I got around to building it). I think the open air concept is a great solution to this. Fantastic job on that.
banthafodder

Return to Star Wars