Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Death Star Easter Egg in new Planet Series

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Death Star Easter Egg in new Planet Series

Postby sparkart » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:36 am

Remember Admiral Ackbar's coffee cup in the latest LEGO A-Wing set (75003)?  Of course, it's a pun on his famous line, "It's a cap!" (cappuccino). 

With the new planet series, LEGO again demonstrates a bit of sly humor, but this one's for the builders.  The planet sets haven't been generous with extra pieces, so when I assembled the TIE Bomber & Asteroid Field (75008), I was a little surprised that there were a half-dozen extra parts.  Of particular note is the LEGO Technic Ball Joint (32474) in medium stone grey (or light bluish grey, bley).  Obviously, it's supposed to be the Death Star and the Asteroid Field is really Alderaan after its destruction, but what are those extra parts?!

After a bit of playing around, I think I've figured out the entire Easter Egg.  From your own LEGO collection, you'll need to add an antenna in trans-neon green, and a few other pieces, and voila!  The Death Star can now attack all the planets in your collection.

Extra pieces in TIE Bomber & Asteroid Field LEGO are an Easter Egg by SPARKART!, on Flickr.
sparkart

Re: Death Star Easter Egg in new Planet Series

Postby CloneEmperor » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:56 pm

April Fools!
CloneEmperor

Postby sparkart » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:50 pm

Heh-heh. I didn't even have you for a split-second? I did put "April Fools" in the Flickr tag list.
sparkart

Postby CloneEmperor » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:24 am

It was worth a try, but no. I have the set and there's no ball in it, let alone an extra ball, so no dice for me. It was a good one though, and also not a terrible idea.
CloneEmperor

Postby Ultron32 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:51 pm

Aw, you mean it's not real? You totally had me.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Return to Star Wars