Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Best MOCs? (with instructions)

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Best MOCs? (with instructions)

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:40 am

As I mature away from the typical Lego sets, full of imperfections and disappointments, I find myself increasingly attracted to fan-made models which aren't restricted by piece count, concrete connections, and "can a kid build this?" Though there are some sets that are just so amazing that I don't think they can be improved (Tantive IV, the newest TIE), many of the iconic vehicles just don't live up to their image. I have noticed that some have kindly provided us with instructions of their models, so that we may build them too. What are your favorite SW MOCs that come with instructions? Of course, Lars' snowspeeder comes to mind.
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Re: Best MOCs? (with instructions)

Postby Haderach1976 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:21 am

Anio from the Eurobrick.com community has some impressive MOCs with instructions:

http://rebrickable.com/designer/anio
Haderach1976

Re: Best MOCs? (with instructions)

Postby mr_joshua » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:34 pm

There are two that I personally like, one I cannot remember the source. I enjoy these mostly because they are not 'official' sets.
1. Hyperdrive Ring by true dimensions
A lot of parts come from the original Tantive IV. It complements the old Obi-Wan's jedi starfighter.

2. Republic Acclamator (sp?) - not sure of the source, but there were instructions
mr_joshua

Return to Star Wars