Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Star Wars license expiring in 2011?!?!?

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Star Wars license expiring in 2011?!?!?

Postby gratefulnat » Tue May 26, 2009 1:43 pm

It will be a sad day for me when LEGO SW is over, but I sure won't lose any sleep worrying about it. At the least I would finally be able to save more money than I do now (which is pretty much zilch), and also, just because there wouldn't be anymore new sets I would still enjoy building and displaying the ones I do have, and would spend way more time building MOC's as well.

So I figure why worry about it?

But I'd still really miss it...

...and lean towards it getting renewed as long as the $$$ keep flowing.
'You can't hold on and you can't let go
If the thunder don't get you then the lightning will'
gratefulnat

Postby The Brain » Sat May 30, 2009 8:09 pm

cadbane123 wrote:i have read through this thing inside and out cuz i dd not know it till now and well just read this thing.

1. a lot of people say that it is gone now and comin up is power miners. that is retarded. i now alot of u think that from the prank they pulled (and yes power iners is cool) but they were playing a prank that doesnt make it "the leading lego theme". its ovios that it is a dead end theme: mars mission, sponge bob, avatar, old knights, new knights aka castle, dino attack, and soon agents and pirates. it not like star wars, creator, or city witch manage to last and last with the evolution of lego. >:(
2. if lucas is that stupid to give up something this big well than he must want to sabotage his company. and also you may not know that there is an other trilogy episodes 7,8,9 if theres no lego for that then what MEGA BLOCKS? i dont think so. if your woundering filming for ep 7 is to began in 2021?????!!!???? >:(
END THING WHAT EVER YA CALL IT. if they do the unspeeckable then i will write pitions, boycot, even burn down buildings if i hvae to, but agian this is a ways away and they have renew it before and with the new pieces, minifigs, and plain out ideas its nothing to worry about. k?
:)

Lol? :S

This is one of those posts I was talking about in my post in the How Ahsoka will Die thread. Where do people keep hearing about this "other trilogy"?! It ain't real!

And where's Nick to crack down on that post? ^^ :p
I am the brain, that which keeps you sane
I think your thoughts, I feel your pain
I am able to control both body and soul
I am never asleep, and I make you whole.
The Brain

Postby battletoad » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:39 am

Hey people, why are we losing our minds over this, let me just remind all of you guys that the starwars lego range has been going for ten years now and they are still running strong lego has only extended their license with lucasfilm and come 2011 i'm sure that lego will extend it again accept fo longer and besides the legostarwars range is now a big part of the starwars merchendise so why would lucasfilm want to stop a merchendise line where they get a big part of their money from what reason would they have not to extend lego's license futher. Oh, by the way are we forgetting what this website is all about, it's main theme is starwars and thats how it started out so what sall this i'm hearing about power minrers? it's not that great, it is very reminesent of the rock raiders andI can't say I agree with their construction, they use hardly any of leg's more standard pieces and to be honest they don'yt even look that good.
battletoad

Postby Flynn » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:08 pm

cadbane123 wrote:END THING WHAT EVER YA CALL IT. if they do the unspeeckable then i will write pitions, boycot, even burn down buildings if i hvae to,

"Mr. President, the terrorist is giving us a list of his demands!"

"Well, read them to me, what are they?"

"He says...he says he wants LEGO to continue their Star Wars liscense!
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Master Fetty » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:27 am

cadbane123 wrote: 2. if lucas is that stupid to give up something this big well than he must want to sabotage his company. and also you may not know that there is an other trilogy episodes 7,8,9 if theres no lego for that then what MEGA BLOCKS? i dont think so. if your woundering filming for ep 7 is to began in 2021?????!!!???? >:(
END THING WHAT EVER YA CALL IT. if they do the unspeeckable then i will write pitions, boycot, even burn down buildings if i hvae to, but agian this is a ways away and they have renew it before and with the new pieces, minifigs, and plain out ideas its nothing to worry about. k?
:)

I'm sorry - I normally try to be understanding to people. But COME ON...

I'll start with more sensible claims:
LEGO is nowhere near as big as some other Star Wars products, in both child/adult fanbase and revenue. Hasbro products (mainly action figures) have a much larger fan base and make much more money. LEGO is important, but dropping it wouldn't destroy Lucasfilm.

Now for the down-right awful:
THERE IS NO THIRD TRILOGY. How can you seriously believe a) That you would be the only person here to know of it? b) That a film being made more than ten years from now would be well into planning? You've probably heard about this either on some forum or on SuperShadow. They're not true and once you peel back the words there is not one grain of truth in there. I can say I'm having talks with George Lucas to star and direct Star Wars VII. Doesn't make it true, does it?

And are you so concieted and full of yourself that you think that saying you'll burn down buildings for a toy will help you're cause? You're like me when I first started.

That may seem really harsh, but what you've said is complete codswallop
Master Fetty

Postby LEGOscum » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:57 am

Master Fetty wrote:LEGO is nowhere near as big as some other Star Wars products, in both child/adult fanbase and revenue. Hasbro products (mainly action figures) have a much larger fan base and make much more money. LEGO is important, but dropping it wouldn't destroy Lucasfilm.

LEGO Star Wars is hands-down one of the largest licenses - in fact it is the second largest grossing SW license - so to say it's "nowhere near as big as some" is doing LEGO a diservice. Across the board it doesn't beat Hasbro, but in some countries, where traditionally children are given building rather than role-play toys, it does outsell action figures.

But you're right when you say not renewing the license would destroy LFL.
LEGOscum

Postby txtxtx » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:34 pm

I'm sorry - I normally try to be understanding to people. But COME ON...

I'll start with more sensible claims:
LEGO is nowhere near as big as some other Star Wars products, in both child/adult fanbase and revenue. Hasbro products (mainly action figures) have a much larger fan base and make much more money. LEGO is important, but dropping it wouldn't destroy Lucasfilm.

Now for the down-right awful:
THERE IS NO THIRD TRILOGY. How can you seriously believe a) That you would be the only person here to know of it? b) That a film being made more than ten years from now would be well into planning? You've probably heard about this either on some forum or on SuperShadow. They're not true and once you peel back the words there is not one grain of truth in there. I can say I'm having talks with George Lucas to star and direct Star Wars VII. Doesn't make it true, does it?

And are you so concieted and full of yourself that you think that saying you'll burn down buildings for a toy will help you're cause? You're like me when I first started.

That may seem really harsh, but what you've said is complete codswallop.

Codswallop is a nice word...
Anakin: "All right, but you owe me one, and not for saving your skin for the tenth time."
Obi-Wan: "Ninth time. That business on Cato Neimoidia doesn't... doesn't count."
txtxtx

Postby Brick Of War » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:12 pm

I am here for everyone who is a fan of star wars that both The Lego Group and LucasArts both have each other company at one of the Most Important Licence for The Lego Group, and Lucas and we all love Star Wars and Lego otherwise we wouldn't be here I believe and If it does expire it will be hard but we do have 2.5 years left until then a long time apart but, If it does expire we still have fbtb.net and the forums we still have our sets what I like to do is get 2 Star Wars Battle Packs like the Clone Episode III one with it there are endless posibilities once a set gets old rebuild recreate post your creations make fansites even if it expires or dies out Lego Star Wars really never will end. The licence might but Lego Star Wars never really will. There is still us Bothans and other fans.

- Brick Of War
Last edited by Brick Of War on Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wicket: *You took your life away and went Wampa Hunting*
*and got yourself headfirst in snow* Brick Of War: Hey, Wedge I see
something brown and furry. *lifts out Wicket* Wicket: Wampa!
Brick Of War: No, Wedge stop eating popcorn! It's after me.
Brick Of War

Postby LEGOscum » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:21 pm

Brick Of War wrote:I am here for everyone who is a fan of star wars that both The Lego Group and LucasArts both have each other company at one of the Most Important Licence for The Lego Group and LucasArts

WTF has LucasArts got to do with the Star Wars license?
LEGOscum

Postby Emperor » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:27 pm

You know LucasArts owns the rights to the entire Star Wars franchise and all that entails right?
Brickshelf | flickr
theJudeAbides wrote:be prepared to endure untold pain and a little something I refer to as "blue shell rape." Enjoy!
Emperor

Postby Solo » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:30 am

Eh, I'm pretty sure Lucasarts is just the video game subdivision of Lucasfilm. Where are you getting this idea?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Emperor » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:35 am

My bad, I mistook LucasArts for LucasFilm.
Brickshelf | flickr
theJudeAbides wrote:be prepared to endure untold pain and a little something I refer to as "blue shell rape." Enjoy!
Emperor

Postby Brick Of War » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:07 am

Emperor wrote:My bad, I mistook LucasArts for LucasFilm.
yeah I did that too so I just changed it to Lucas
Wicket: *You took your life away and went Wampa Hunting*
*and got yourself headfirst in snow* Brick Of War: Hey, Wedge I see
something brown and furry. *lifts out Wicket* Wicket: Wampa!
Brick Of War: No, Wedge stop eating popcorn! It's after me.
Brick Of War

Previous

Return to Star Wars