Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Lego SW Jabbas Palace and Rancor Pit question

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Lego SW Jabbas Palace and Rancor Pit question

Postby SWfanforever » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:49 am

While I look forward to purchasing both sets I have a question that has been confusing me. If the Rancor Pit sits directly under the main section of the Jabbas Palace wouldn't that mean visually when the two are together that the tower from the palace would look like it is floating? Is is me or should the Rancor Pit have something under the tower section that makes it look as if the structure is continued all the way down to the basement or am I missing something. Seems like a poor design choice if this is the way it should be.
SWfanforever

Re: Lego SW Jabbas Palace and Rancor Pit question

Postby mcs4616 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:16 pm

I've been thinking the same thing. The tower has three pins on two levels connecting it, from what I've seen in the instructions. I'm not sure if that's enough to support the tower if nothing is under it when it's lifted. I assume so, but I haven't built mine yet. I would hope that there might be another set to rectify this and really hit Jabba's Palace out of the park. Something like the droid dungeon that C-3PO and R2-D2 were taken to, and maybe a cell on top of that for Chewbacca or some random alien prisoner mini-fig we don't know that we want yet. However, looking at the pictures of the Rancor Pit, it doesn't look like there are any plans for another expansion in that area. I guess the standard answer of "you can always add something if you want" would apply here, and I agree that the combination of these sets might look a little odd when it's completed.
mcs4616

Return to Star Wars