Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Sith Fury-Class Interceptor Set 9500 Question

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

LEGO Sith Fury-Class Interceptor Set 9500 Question

Postby Jamesmx89 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:42 pm

Ive been wanting to get into collecting Lego star wars sets for awhile. Now that I have the money I thought I would start start my collection. I thought it would be cool to customize some. Being a little bit older I'm not interested in playing with them. I have fun building difficult sets but following directions off a book, no matter how hard the set is to build, its still easy to follow instructions. I would like a challenge and be able to use my creative mind. My question about the LEGO Sith Fury-Class Interceptor Set 9500 is; If I bought TWO Fury-class Interceptors would you guys think that I could build it double the size? I love the set just think its a little to small for my liking. It is possible I may need extra Lego pieces to complete it correctly.

If you guys have any other recommendations that are good customizable sets post them here.

Thank you,
Jamesmx89

Re: LEGO Sith Fury-Class Interceptor Set 9500 Question

Postby dWhisper » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:12 pm

Unfortunately, doubling parts isn't the way to double the size of a ship. The real trick is getting the right parts... take the wings/pylons, for example. If you wanted to double the size of the top wing, you'd actually need about triple the parts just for the black surface alone (geometry!), and that doesn't factor in changing the support pieces and structure.

9500 is a compact ship, but also a very dense and heavy one, once you build it. I'll touch on it in an upcoming review, but the thing could double as a club. Modding up an existing model is something I encourage everyone to try, but I'd start with just building the regular ship and then playing around with how to expand it. Then pick up additional models, hit Bricklink, or just get creative with increasing the size.

There are lots of ways to do it, and the beauty of LEGO is that your imagination is the limiting thing. Don't like how something looks, you can always just take it apart and build it differently. You're starting down that road, and it's a very rewarding thing to do!
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Draykov » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:46 pm

Jamesmx89 wrote:If you guys have any other recommendations that are good customizable sets post them here.

I don't think it's an overstatement to say that all LEGO sets are customizable.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby dWhisper » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:42 am

Except, of course, for the Sail Barge. It was born perfect.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:22 am

dWhisper wrote:Except, of course, for the Sail Barge. It was born perfect.

I keep trying, but can't dispute that. hahaha.
Gooker1

Return to Star Wars