Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Seeking Advice Building Death Star Trench

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Seeking Advice Building Death Star Trench

Postby WeeNess » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:14 am

Hi All

I am a new member who is seeking some help and advice on building a Lego Star Wars Death Star Trench.

I currently have 12 grey baseplates in a 3x4 setup. I will be using an X-Wing, Darth Vaders Tie, 2x Tie Fighters and a Millenium Falcon to recreate the final scenes of A New Hope.

I am specifically looking for advice on the best way to design the look of the trench, how to build the turrets and how to attach and build the walls of the trench.

I will include pics as I go, including what I currently have

Thank you all for any help you can give

WeeNess :cool:
WeeNess

Re: Seeking Advice Building Death Star Trench

Postby Bellicose » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:50 pm

For turrets, I recommend the design of the ones from the Death Star set.
Bellicose

Re: Seeking Advice Building Death Star Trench

Postby Draykov » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:09 pm

I don't mean to pick on the original poster, but this kind of question strikes me as comparable to walking into an art gallery and asking anyone within earshot for help painting still-life oranges. I can understand the desire to get some pointers, but building advice can be quite subjective and varies greatly depending on individual style and preference.

Most responses to this kind of question from popular/seasoned builders tendto be of the more proactive "give it a shot" variety. Embark on some trial and error. If you're hitting a roadblock and you're open to constructive criticism, take a crack at a prototype version and post pictures of it online for feedback. Build, rebuild, lather, rinse, repeat.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Return to Star Wars