Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Here We Go Again... (new set rumors)

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Here We Go Again... (new set rumors)

Postby fallenangel327 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:09 pm

http://jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=8179

Planets Series Three:
Kamino with Astromech Droid and Jedi Starfighter
Coruscant with Clone Pilot and Republic Assault Striker
Asteroid with TIE Bomber and TIE Pilot

Regular sets:
The Old Republic Battle Pack
Clone Troopers vs Droidekas Battle Pack
A-Wing including Admiral Ackbar, Han Solo and an A-Wing Pilot
AT-RT including Yoda, Clone Trooper and Assassin Droid
Z-95 Headhunter including three Clone Troopers
The Rancor Pit (as revealed at Comic Con)
Last edited by Draykov on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: subject disambiguation
fallenangel327

Re: Here We Go Again...

Postby cas » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:36 pm

Kamino with a droid. What.

What.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:41 pm

At first I was like, "Cool, an A-wing with Admiral Ackbar!" Then I realized that probably the only reason Ackbar and Han are included in this set is because it is going to be hugely overpriced and they are supposed to make people feel better about it... :(

I really hope the Asteroid-shaped Planet is cool looking, but I fear that it will be a perfect sphere like all the others, probably with a few craters (molded if we are lucky, printed if we are not). Not much use for cool Asteroid field dioramas if that's the case.
Mister Ed

Postby sparkart » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:54 pm

Asteroid? I wonder if it'll be a pock-marked print of a asteroid surface or molded detail, like the Death Star? With either of these, I think I'll be happy.

At one point, I was trying to make a Star Blazers ( AKA Spacecruiser Yamato) Comet Empire from half a Death Star, but the hemispherical shape wasn't right. Maybe a cute chibi version can be made?
sparkart

Postby Flynn » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:50 pm

A re-released starfighter with extra and completely superfluous figures? Wow, how new and exciting!
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby fallenangel327 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:01 pm

Flynn wrote:A re-released starfighter with extra and completely superfluous figures? Wow, how new and exciting!

At this point I'm finding the reactions to the sets more entertaining than the sets themselves. That and maybe the fact that even after three releases the LEGO Group continues to outfit Green Squadron pilots with Gray Squadron helmets.
Last edited by fallenangel327 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fallenangel327

Postby spud405 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:03 pm

I have to be honest, I'm incredibly disappointed with the news of this wave. The reveal of the Rancor Pit got me so excited! Only so that the rest of the wave could be so... bland.

Maybe it's the fact that I'm not a fan of the CW but the rest of the sets don't even sound that interesting. I'm sure the A-Wing will be fine (if not overpriced). The new planet sets sound terrible. I'm also a little shocked that there aren't any Episode 2 sets in the mix either. Finally, more TOR sets?

I've always been an OT kind of guy when it comes to these sets. I was really hoping for some better picks in this line and not just the A-Wing. I know this is a rumor list, but I've found in the past that these lists are usually accurate. So if this is what's ahead, all I can say is that I've seen better.

Also an asteroid planet set? LEGO has reached a milestone. They are now selling you a rock
spud405

Postby sparkart » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:12 pm

deleted
Last edited by sparkart on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
sparkart

Postby Darth Jokar » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:32 pm

That list sounds kinda disappointing. Only good thing is them battle packs.
Get on your knee's and tell me you love me...
Darth Jokar

Postby zwolya » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:50 pm

I'll be excited for the battle pack if they finally get the droidekas right...
zwolya

Postby Joedward » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:07 am

I'm torn on the Z-95.
I mean, on the one hand, 3 clone troopers....? Wat? And on the other hand, I really just want to squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee like a little girl. I hope they do it justice to what it should be. Or have I missed something from the CW series and it's not actually as cool as it used to be?

A-Wing? I can get behind that, I love the A-Wing. Over priced? Sure, but what isn't these days. I'll sit here, waiting for that, and hoping they have another crack at a minifig scale B-Wing.

Everything else seems a bit meh, although I am curious to see how they deal with the TIE Bomber. Like the old, or with a fancy new design?
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby bendog2008 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:01 am

Seems like an OK start to 2013.
I'll definitely get the Rancor Pit and A-wing. Not sure about the Planet sets. Probably not the Z-95, as I don't like the look of the actual ship and it will probably be Clone Wars. The AT-RT seems the most interesting to me, as I loved the Ep. III 2005 version and I hope it will be a re-design with a new movie based Yoda! XD If it is Clone Wars, I would be pretty dissapointed and it would be a missed opportunity for TLG imo :facepalm: , but sadly, it seems like it will be Clone Wars because the set would have to be based on Kashyyyk and no assassin droids were present at the time, just the CIS, Clones, Wookies and Trandoshans. You never know though. Anyway, The Old Republic, I don't care for, so I'll probably give it a miss. The Clone Troopers vs Droidekas battle pack, again, if it's based on the movies, I'll probably get it, if it's based on The Clone Wars, then I will not.
bendog2008

Postby CoverMePorkins » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:20 pm

zwolya wrote:I'll be excited for the battle pack if they finally get the droidekas right...

As am I... this could end up being either a really good thing, or a really bad thing. I personally Loved the old droidika that came with the little 2002 obi wan jedi defense set... sigh... back when you could get a $3 lego set.
CoverMePorkins

Re: Here We Go Again... (new set rumors)

Postby Ibiscribe » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:49 am

Looking forward to the Rancor, I've been wanting one for a while. Now if only they'd make those scurriers.
Ibiscribe

Return to Star Wars