Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Your least favourite Lego Star Wars minifigure

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Your least favourite Lego Star Wars minifigure

Postby bendog2008 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:09 am

I would have to say that the old Dengar from 2006 is my least favourite, but it's by no means bad, just the headpiece wasn't right and I hated that dumb smiley face he was given, rather than a slightly more unique head :cool:
bendog2008

Re: Your least favourite Lego Star Wars minifigure

Postby hatcher » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:46 pm

Well, obviously this is totally personal opinion as to each his own, but I have a few.

The original General Grevious figure from 2005. Terrible.
The podracer guys from 1999. Ich.
The Clone Wars Anakin and Obi -Wan (faces mostly). In fact all the human faces from any of the Clone Wars figures.
Anakin from 1999. He's a kid, but he's as big as all the adults.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby Flynn » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:27 pm

hatcher wrote:Anakin from 1999. He's a kid, but he's as big as all the adults.

Give them some credit, I don't think they had created the small legs by that point.

For me...hm. Lessee.

- Darth Malgus (far and away the worst for me)
- Sith Trooper
- 2-1B Medical Droid
- TX-20
- 9488 Arc Trooper (most of the figures from that set, actually)
- New Boba Fett
- Boushh
- New 3PO
- Panaka (the face and hat are just bleh)
- The Droidekas (I honestly like the original, but they all are pretty meh)
- Both General Grievous's (the new one especially)
- Ki-Adi Mundi
- Magna Guards
- Clone Wars Padme (So...ugly...)
- Clone Wars Yoda

The new Darth Maul comes close (they missed a trick by not giving him a stud on top), but he's really not that bad. And the new Hans bug me because they just cannot get that face right.

Though really, they all got bad once they added pupils. :p
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby crazybirdman » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:13 pm

Flynn wrote:
Though really, they all got bad once they added pupils. :p

Indeed. I remember seeing that 1st clone wars Anakin with his starfighter. Those eyes haunt my nightmares. The PG ones anyway.
crazybirdman

Postby Flynn » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:53 pm

I'm half-joking, but I do miss the days when all the minifigures had the solid black dots for eyes, rather than those little white pupils.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby zwolya » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:39 pm

I honestly don't care too much whether my figs are pupils or not, flesh or yellow, but I wish they'd just pick one thing and stick with it. Some ships deserve redesigns whenever Lego makes newer piece moulds, but I'd think they could capture the printing of a character's face right the first time.
zwolya

Postby Flynn » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:36 am

Oftentimes I think they did- the original Han, Luke, and Leia, for example, all look the most accurate with their original faces, and personally I felt they got it the first time 'round with 3PO, R2, and the troopers as well.

Seriously, the loss of Moustache-Stormie is unforgivable...

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Yodalicious » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:52 am

hatcher wrote:The Clone Wars Anakin and Obi -Wan (faces mostly). In fact all the human faces from any of the Clone Wars figures.

Agree completely. I get why they look like that, but given that most of my LEGO upbringing was made up of the classic yellow smileys, the CW humans look creepy to me. I'm all for the newer expressions and colors, but there's something about those CW human faces on LEGO that is odd.
Yodalicious

Postby Flynn » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:02 pm

Of course, I'm surprised people haven't noticed that the principles that got us the CW faces are exactly the same as what's getting us the faces in the Marvel/DC lines right now.

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Yodalicious » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:20 pm

Oh I get the evolution and that they've led to some great new and upcoming faces, they were just a bit of a surprise to me. I just came back to LEGO after about 13 years in the dark ages and was surprised by them. A lot has changed since '99.
Yodalicious

Postby Flynn » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:38 pm

Actually, that was meant as a line of criticism and not defense.

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Yodalicious » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:28 pm

I don't mind some of them. Actually like a couple. Then again, I don't collect those sets, so it's really just a quick look the moving on. May get the fig or two I like, but hats it.
Yodalicious

Postby zwolya » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:44 pm

Flynn wrote:Oftentimes I think they did- the original Han, Luke, and Leia, for example, all look the most accurate with their original faces, and personally I felt they got it the first time 'round with 3PO, R2, and the troopers as well.

I'd like to remove Leia from that list and add in Qui-Gon, and yeah, that's pretty much how I am feeling. So why do they keep up the redos? It couldn't be because they know AFOLS would complain about getting the same exact fig in every set *coughCloneWarsAnakincough*? Or perhaps they just want to make life more difficult for completionist fig collectors?
zwolya

Postby Flynn » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:15 pm

Because current fans harp on and on about detail and accuracy and LEGO feels they need to make every new figure as detailed/new as possible. We managed about a decade without any major figure changes, and then they started 'upgrading' everything.

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby CoverMePorkins » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:08 am

:O Man... has it been a LOOONNNG time since I have liked Legos. I'm 18 now, but back in 2007 things were a lot different. lol. Anyway, I would have to say that I absolutely loath with a deep hatred the Drodika that came with the 2007 (I think) MTT set.
CoverMePorkins

Postby Spencer Solo » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:45 pm

I hate the droideka from the battle of geonosis. It's like they didn't even try!
" Try? Ha! Do or do not. There is no try."- Yoda
Favorite my Photos!:[flickr=]http://www.flickr.com/photos/96452956@N02/[/flickr]
Spencer Solo

Postby theone » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:55 pm

i thinks its got to be the old grevious - it was ugly and always broke
theone

Return to Star Wars