Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO 8088 ARC-170 - To Get or Not to Get?

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

LEGO 8088 ARC-170 - To Get or Not to Get?

Postby Ebak » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:44 am

Hey guys, I'm going to be heading down the city and I was wondering...the ARC-170 model, number 8088 is avalible down the city for £50. Its a set that is no longer in production and I do like the ARC-170. However...I've always felt that the opening mechanism is a bit...slow...especially compared to the recent X-Wing released.

My quesiton is: Should I get it?

The reason I ask..is because my reservation about the wings opening slowly is concerning me, especially since the next release of the ARC-170 would most likely use the same technique as the X-Wing (9493). I don't want to get the set only for it to be re-released next year or in two years.

What do you guys think?
Ebak

Re: LEGO 8088 ARC-170 - To Get or Not to Get?

Postby bigospedros » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:00 am

I'm sure the mods would simply reply to this with a link :

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=152

But, to expand ... there are no guarantees that this set will be re-released in the future, so perhaps you should consider buying the older, non Clone Wars version, 7259 ... you're bound to find that cheaper. For instance, in my Bricklink store (link below) *ahem* ;)
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Re: LEGO 8088 ARC-170 - To Get or Not to Get?

Postby Solo » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:39 pm

8088 is actually a non-Clone Wars model. I reviewed it here a while back. I think it's a good set, I would recommend it. It's actually still available in the S@H site for the US and Canada. All that being said, no one will be able to decide for you if the opening mechanism is fast enough for your preference. And I doubt we'll see it redesigned and re-released in the next year or two. Take a look at that help thread he linked to and good luck with your decision.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to Star Wars