Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The Clone Wars: "A Friend In Need"

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

The Clone Wars: "A Friend In Need"

Postby Staff » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:15 am

CW Friend in need1

Check out the preview video for the new episode of The Clone Wars.
A peace conference between Separatists and Republic delegates is interrupted by Lux Bonteri, the son of a late Separatist Senator, who involves Ahsoka in his dangerous search to find justice for his mother's death.

A Friend in Need airs Friday.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/01/10/the-clone-wars-a-friend-in-need/
Staff

Re: The Clone Wars:

Postby buriedbybricks » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:57 pm

I've been waiting for this episode. The female Death Watch Mando was voiced by Katee Sackhoff (woot!) and I read something a while back regarding the creation of the character. Dave Filoni spoke about the her being used specifically to give female cosplayers someone new to dress as. The character was completely superfluous except as a new costume and bringing in the strong female guest voice was used to legitamize it. In addition the costume was designed as such because his wife liked barn owls, so the helmet was made to resemble one.

I'm sure this isn't the first time a character was created in the SW universe as a marketing ploy instead of a needed plot mover, but it still bugged me.

Having said that, I look forward to seeing more female Mando costumes at cons!
buriedbybricks

Postby Bellicose » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:47 pm

I like how increasingly the ships in the series are based off of the conceptual designs by Joe Johnston and Ralph McQuarrie and Nilo Rodis-Jamairo...a lot of the ships are based off the sketches in the "Art of Star Wars" book series. Super-cool!
Bellicose

Postby ufjason » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:42 am

Just watched this episode and was surprised they actually showed Ahsoka decapitate four deathwatch members in a single dual wielded strike. The scene was pure AWESOME!
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby sparkart » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:19 am

Yeah, the four-at-a-time-four-of-a-kind decapitation scene got me to audibly, "Whoa!" Lots of exciting battle action, and good animation, too. I couldn't help but think the violence is pushing a bit beyond the PG rating, but I like the more mature mayhem and the drama of loss.

Heh-heh, Triple-B, that's an interesting comment about creating characters specifically for female cosplayers. It is a little surprising what adventurous ladies will wear, or not wear. Check out all the Darth Talon cosplayers. :)
sparkart

Postby RancorRider8 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:25 pm

I thought this episode was written like a bad fan-fic. I wanted to like it, but Luxsoka ensured I couldn't!
Rancors are neither cuddly, nor cute. But it's one heck of a riding experience!
(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
RancorRider8

Postby Walter Boy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:29 am

Bellicose wrote:I like how increasingly the ships in the series are based off of the conceptual designs by Joe Johnston and Ralph McQuarrie and Nilo Rodis-Jamairo...a lot of the ships are based off the sketches in the "Art of Star Wars" book series. Super-cool!

I really enjoyed seeing the transport ship that was driven by Ahsoka and Lux. That thing looked pretty cool. :)
Walter Boy

Postby Blacknight » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:42 am

I thought the episode was okay. The outfits were neat and the snow looked nice. However I thought the Mandalorians came off as a bit too weak. The whole camp of them couldn't handle Ahsoka let alone a Jedi master or the whole Jedi order. But I guess their relative strength is in keeping with their season 2 portrayal. I still don't like how overpowered Cad Bane is, for example, compared to the best of the Mandalorians. The Jedi should have started cloning him for their army. Speaking of which, I guess this week we will have to suffer more of Bane's Joker-like ability to be in complete control of every situation no matter what happens. I really hate Mr. blue alien Eastwood.

P.S. There was a promotional toy of Boba Fett available before the ESB was even out. Mandalorian armor was a marketing gimmick from the very beginning. :lol:
Blacknight

Return to Star Wars