Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The Clone Wars: "Escape from Kadavo"

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

The Clone Wars: "Escape from Kadavo"

Postby Staff » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:28 am

Clone Wars Ep. 13

Anakin tries to convince the Zygerrian Queen that she too is a slave and pawn in an evil Separatist plot. Meanwhile, Obi-Wan toils in the slave camps of Kadavo, a grim situation that grows increasingly bleak.

After over a month, the new episode of The Clone Wars, and conclusion to the current arc, will finally air this Friday. Check out the prevew video and then go re-watch the previous two episodes to refresh your memory on them.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/01/03/the-clone-wars-escape-from-kadavo/
Staff

Re: The Clone Wars:

Postby Bellicose » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:39 am

It was pretty good, nice to finally have the show back.

The Republic fighters, were they Z-95s? They resembled them but with a bunch of differences, and they sounded a lot like X-Wings...
Bellicose

Postby winbrant » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:03 pm

Bellicose wrote:It was pretty good, nice to finally have the show back.

The Republic fighters, were they Z-95s? They resembled them but with a bunch of differences, and they sounded a lot like X-Wings...

Yes, they apparently are a variant of the Z-95...the Clone Z-95 Starfighter or Headhunter Starfighter
winbrant

Postby THX 1138 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:23 am

winbrant wrote:
Bellicose wrote:It was pretty good, nice to finally have the show back.

Yes, they apparently are a variant of the Z-95...the Clone Z-95 Starfighter or Headhunter Starfighter

I had never known about those before, but they're pretty cool looking. I might have to MOC one...
Do a barrel roll!
THX 1138

Postby RancorRider8 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:53 pm

This episode was interesting, but I hope that at some point, they make an episode where Obi-Wan doesn't get beat up so much.
Rancors are neither cuddly, nor cute. But it's one heck of a riding experience!
(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
RancorRider8

Postby Blacknight » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:26 am

Am finally getting caught up on this season's episodes. I can't believe how brutal this episode was (genocide, torture, sadism) as well as the past two and the Umbaran ones. If I had young kids I certainly wouldn't let them watch this show any more without previewing each episode ahead of time.

As for the plot, it was decent, but had some holes, such as what happened to the rest of the slaves from other species in that facility at the end, and why the Republic felt the need to shoot missiles at it to accelerate its collapse, with potentially many unaccounted for slaves on board. Were those ALL the Togruta people left?? Have fun repopulating a whole planet with like 20 people. Seems to me The Republic should get on with invading Zygerria given how many Republic citizens must be held against their will there (remember the US used British internment of US sailors as justification for starting the War of 1812). Though I guess Palpatine protects the planet politically because he needs the slaves once he takes over.

P.S. Since the violence and dark themes already pushed this episode arc way over the top, they should have gone all the way and properly duplicated Ahsoka's slave outfit from the comics this arc was based on.
Blacknight

Postby THX 1138 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:34 am

I thought this was a pretty decent story arc, but I hated how it seemed like Obi-Wan (and to some extent Anakin) forgot that he could use the Force.
Do a barrel roll!
THX 1138

Postby zwolya » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:32 am

THX 1138 wrote:I thought this was a pretty decent story arc, but I hated how it seemed like Obi-Wan (and to some extent Anakin) forgot that he could use the Force.

That's kind of a recurring theme in this show, and one that even my parents are starting to pick up on as we're watching previous seasons on DVD. Something extremely bad will happen to one of the Jedi, and they'll turn to the Star Wars expert and ask "So-and-so's a Jedi, right? So why didn't they just use the Force?" Good question...
zwolya

Postby Bellicose » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:39 pm

I guess either Dave Filoni either just isn't that imaginative with the Jedi; or the creators and writers of the show are taking great license with that whole "we must inform the Senate of our diminished ability to use the Force" from Episode II...that somehow, some way Palpatine/Sidious has been able to create some sort of a Force Jamming effect.

That or a lot of the galaxy has ysalamiri (besides just the planet Myrkr).
Bellicose

Return to Star Wars