Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO-Star Wars 2009: First Impressions?

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: LEGO-Star Wars 2009: Discussion Topic

Postby Jhulae » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:12 am

FirstCircle wrote:I'm not terribly keen on the Clone War sets in general... especially considering price. Ahsoka's Starfighter intrigues me, though. I'm a sucker for crimson and the EpII Jedi starfighter design; I think this is the best official Jedi starfighter set to date.

I agree. I love the starfighter! I modified the Anikan one with a new front that's similar so it almost matches Ahsoka's. (same type of curved slope but with a 2x2 brick end, not a 2x4). It looks much nicer and feels much more stable. and, I put some jet 'fin' pieces in the engines, and capped them with 1x1 cones so the engines aren't just hollow. and made other mods.

It may be a kind of rehash set, but the shape is so much better, and the colors are great. I put my own pilot in, but I'm so glad I bought it.
Jhulae

Re: LEGO-Star Wars 2009: First Impressions?

Postby iLike Lego » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:00 pm

The battle packs look good and are so far the only 2009 "Star Wars" sets I have bought, but the AAT would be good, too.
However, steep prices and non-tan coloring have made me decide against it for the time being.
iLike Lego

Postby Commando80-0 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:06 pm

Does the fact that the AAT's main turret swings a little too easily bother anyone? I wouldn't mind a clik-clik-clik turnstile of sorts, as the current piece(s) is(are) a little too wobbly.

Also, Dooku's hairpiece's antistud is placed further forward than(I think) any other antistud in a Lego hairpiece; it lent some confusion whenever I would take it off/put it on.
Commando80-0

Postby liquidcross » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:15 am

I've got both battle packs, the Hyena bomber, and I just ordered the Yoda/Dookie/Windex magnet set. I wouldn't mind nabbing some of the other sets, but the prices seem too high. :(

Regardless, I do enjoy the sets I have. Battle packs are always great, and the Hyena bomber was a hell of a lot bigger than I thought it was going to be! XD
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Previous

Return to Star Wars