Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Star Wars Minifigures On Display

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Star Wars Minifigures On Display

Postby AbstractedIdeal » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:55 pm

sstoroe wrote:If you want to read it, you will need to use google chrome.

Need to use Google Chrome? Uh...?
AbstractedIdeal
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:07 am

Re: Star Wars Minifigures On Display

Postby sstoroe » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:52 pm

Here is an updated pic with all of the hobbit and super hero minifigs. I am missing a few of the plain jane spiderman figs and one variation of the two face figure from the original batman series that I know of. I also have a few customs from Cristo at the end of the second to last row.

Here is a link to a bigger picture. I am going to need to get a better camera some day. These are not the greatest pictures.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7255/7634675620_370da46859_h.jpg

Image
sstoroe
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: Star Wars Minifigures On Display

Postby sstoroe » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:03 pm

Someone using the new lego minifig display stands.....

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4692686

Heck the wife may even let this slide. :)

Image
sstoroe
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: Star Wars Minifigures On Display

Postby sstoroe » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:48 am

Two more pics that give some ideas.

Image

Image
sstoroe
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:05 pm


Re: Star Wars Minifigures On Display

Postby junkie » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Work in progress, but you get the idea.

Image
junkie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Star Wars Minifigures On Display

Postby sstoroe » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:54 pm

Where are you getting those cards? Are you making them, or are you buying them? They are really kool. Also, can you post a close up of one of them?
sstoroe
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: Star Wars Minifigures On Display

Postby Gooker1 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:09 pm

sstoroe wrote:Here is an updated pic with all of the hobbit and super hero minifigs. I am missing a few of the plain jane spiderman figs and one variation of the two face figure from the original batman series that I know of. I also have a few customs from Cristo at the end of the second to last row.

Here is a link to a bigger picture. I am going to need to get a better camera some day. These are not the greatest pictures.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7255/7634675620_370da46859_h.jpg

Image



Nicely done on the Super Hero figures!! I see that you have this year's Toy Fair and SDCC figures too. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for each set?
Gooker1
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Star Wars Minifigures On Display

Postby DocBlock » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:18 pm

sstoroe wrote:Where are you getting those cards? Are you making them, or are you buying them? They are really kool. Also, can you post a close up of one of them?


They look like shrunk down and maybe even squeezed versions of the action figure cards from the classic series.

Very nicely done. Has a really classy style to it.
DocBlock
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Star Wars Minifigures On Display

Postby sstoroe » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:29 pm

Gooker1 wrote:
sstoroe wrote:Here is an updated pic with all of the hobbit and super hero minifigs. I am missing a few of the plain jane spiderman figs and one variation of the two face figure from the original batman series that I know of. I also have a few customs from Cristo at the end of the second to last row.

Here is a link to a bigger picture. I am going to need to get a better camera some day. These are not the greatest pictures.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7255/7634675620_370da46859_h.jpg

Image



Nicely done on the Super Hero figures!! I see that you have this year's Toy Fair and SDCC figures too. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for each set?


I am afraid it would be better not to comment. :) They need to stop issuing those. I usually watch eBay and just pick them up from one of the auctions. the risk is that they may issue them later and you end up over paying. I paid about what everyone else is paying.
sstoroe
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: Star Wars Minifigures On Display

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:57 pm

LOL - I don't blame you. They're not cheap minifigures. :)
Gooker1
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Star Wars Minifigures On Display

Postby junkie » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:53 am

sstoroe wrote:Where are you getting those cards? Are you making them, or are you buying them? They are really kool. Also, can you post a close up of one of them?


I've been making them.

Here's a close up:

Image
junkie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Star Wars Minifigures On Display

Postby DocBlock » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:17 am

Nice. Good job on the cards.
DocBlock
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Star Wars Minifigures On Display

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:09 am

junkie wrote:
sstoroe wrote:Where are you getting those cards? Are you making them, or are you buying them? They are really kool. Also, can you post a close up of one of them?


I've been making them.

Here's a close up:



Those are simply amazing!! I love that setup! Are you using images from previous cards, or stuff on the web? And what are those holders? And lastly...any interest in offering up your talents to boardies? :) I'd pay for a couple.
Gooker1
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Star Wars Minifigures On Display

Postby junkie » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:44 pm

Gooker1 wrote:
junkie wrote:
sstoroe wrote:Where are you getting those cards? Are you making them, or are you buying them? They are really kool. Also, can you post a close up of one of them?


I've been making them.

Here's a close up:



Those are simply amazing!! I love that setup! Are you using images from previous cards, or stuff on the web? And what are those holders? And lastly...any interest in offering up your talents to boardies? :) I'd pay for a couple.



Thanks.

Most of the images are screen captures that I pulled off the DVDs myself and edited.

Send me a PM.
junkie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Star Wars Minifigures On Display

Postby junkie » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:53 pm

Not Star Wars, but here are a couple more themes I've been working on:

Image

Image

Hope to have some Lord of the Rings done soon too.
junkie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: Star Wars Minifigures On Display

Postby sstoroe » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:08 pm

WoW!

Me drooling. This is pretty awesome. Where are you getting the containers? Also, are you cutting down baseplates to get the grey lego pieces that you are mounting these on?
sstoroe
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: Star Wars Minifigures On Display

Postby sealslip3 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:32 am

Amazing work!
sealslip3
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 6:29 am

Re: Star Wars Minifigures On Display

Postby sstoroe » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:28 pm

Image
sstoroe
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: Star Wars Minifigures On Display

Postby Flynn » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:45 am

Yeah, junkie, those card-backed figures are seriously amazing. Wonderful way to display them.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,


Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn
 
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:38 am

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], dWhisper, Exabot [Bot], scotth510 and 9 guests