Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Question about this forum

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Question about this forum

Postby theJudeAbides » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:47 am

A question about this forum that stems from the layout of the old forums:

Is this forum designed for discussion about Star Wars in general (not necessarily LEGO related), Star Wars LEGO, or both? I see no reason why it couldn't be both, but I thought it might be nice to clarify for everyone.
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Re: Question about this forum

Postby Joedward » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:00 am

On chat they say it's for LEGO. General Stat Wars chit chat can go in the BCS, according to Collin
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby Andi » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:02 am

I too think that everything Star Wars related (Lego and other stuff) would work nicely together in this forum.
But Collin told me in chat, that this one here is intended to be Lego related only and the other SW should be discussed in BCS.
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Lord T » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:19 am

Unusual change here... but I suppose its easier this way than a confusing mix of LEGO Star Wars and just plain Star Wars topics. The mind would boggle.
...{Flickr}...
Lord T

Postby Big C » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:28 am

Actually, I was just reminded that we've agreed to allow LEGO AND NON-LEGO Star Wars chat in this forum.

So, if it's Star Wars anything, put it here.
Big C

Postby Solo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:19 am

Indeed, the idea is we're focused on LEGO and that's what the sections are focused on too, but relatable discussions are welcome in here as well. This applies to the other themes as well as Star Wars.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby theJudeAbides » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:25 am

Don,

So if I wanted to discuss, for example, something about the Indiana Jones movies, doing so in the "Licensed Themes" forum would be acceptable?

Or perhaps a topic discussing Spongebob-time munchies in the same forum? 8-)

Edit:
Why is there a star "*" in the icon next to this topic?
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Solo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:18 pm

You are correct sir. If it matches a theme it can go in said themes section on here. Seemed more organized that way.

And that little * you see on the icon indicates you've posted in the thread. Trippy, no?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby uubergeek » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:43 pm

thanks for the clarifications Collin and Don :) had been wondering the same thing
Chris C. :::: My Flickr :::: My Site
uubergeek

Postby yankeeken » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:22 am

It may not completely fit with the original question, but I have another question regarding the Star Wars section.

Have we got rid of user set reviews completely due to the new review section on the main page or will user reviews for Star Wars sets just go in this Star Wars forum?
yankeeken

Postby Chief » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:15 am

yankeeken wrote:It may not completely fit with the original question, but I have another question regarding the Star Wars section.

Have we got rid of user set reviews completely due to the new review section on the main page or will user reviews for Star Wars sets just go in this Star Wars forum?

We never came to a final decision about that, oddly. I would like the user review section to return, but I guess we're going to give the main page reviews their time in the spotlight first. My best advice is to write your reviews, preferably using the new grading standard, hold onto them, and when/if/however the user reviews come back, you may post to your heart's content. *My* idea would be for the best-of-the-best user reviews to get posted on the main page, but as I said, I think the staff-produced reviews are getting their day in the limelight again. By the way, expect another one up later today :)
Chief

Postby yankeeken » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:18 pm

Okay, thanks for the clarification.
yankeeken

Return to Star Wars